over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Study Shows Amino Acids Can Prevent Brain Injuries

danieltx

Kilo Klub Member
Verified Customer
Saw this on the news tonight - https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/f...y-shows-concussions-can-be-prevented/3089745/

This is the study he published supporting his claim - https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/full/10.1089/neur.2022.0031

The football world is still reeling from the concussion controversy surrounding the Miami Dolphins star quarterback who suffered not one, but two frightening injuries during week four of the NFL regular season.

A team doctor has been fired and the NFL is expected to update concussion protocols.

Players, fans and TV viewers held their breath after Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa appeared to suffer two head injuries days apart.

“The initial injury, I was like, he's going to be out for a while,” said Dr. Rob Dickerman, a Frisco-based neurosurgeon with Neuro Texas.

But Tagovailoa was cleared by doctors to return to play Thursday.

Then Sunday, he suffered another injury after a sack left him seemingly unconscious.

“I was shocked,” said Dr. Dickerman.

Tagovailoa laid motionless with his fingers contorted in front of his helmet before he was carted off the field.

“It means at that level of brain stem, it’s serious,” said Dr. Dickerman.

He says amino acids have long been proven to help people recover from traumatic brain injuries.
But Dr. Dickerman says his newly-published study shows amino acids help prevent them, too.

In a lab, he says the brains of mice who were given specially-formulated amino acids before and after brain injuries looked no different than mice with no injuries.

“The group we gave amino acids before the injury behaved like the ones that didn’t get any injury, so statistically, the statistics were off the chart,” he said.

He says the experiment's model is accepted as a human model, and that he's in talks with some professional and college football teams who could soon begin taking the powdered supplements in water before games.

“It'll get there and I'm happy it will because I do think we can save a lot of people,” he said.

Promising research may move the ball forward while keeping athletes safe.

Tagovailoa is reportedly healing and felt well enough to attend some meetings this week.

There's no timetable for his return to football but he will not play this Sunday against the Jets.

sounds like homie is going to be having CTE in the future... especially if this keeps up

mice studies are better than nothing.. but not by a whole hell of a lot

I was burning through a big bottle a week during most deployments…still have bad TBI.

I can’t in any way see how BCAA’s would help protect your brain from concussion

In a lab, he says the brains of mice who were given specially-formulated amino acids before and after brain injuries

what is "specially-formulated" amino acids? Is this just BCAA or BCAA+, or BCAA and EAAS? What were the mice given exactly?

Reactions: Bio
I was burning through a big bottle a week during most deployments…still have bad TBI.

I had a tbi in 2018, went head first through a brand new e350 mercedes windshield , airbag didnt go off ( I know I should have sued blah blah) but I was in my own world. Was in ICU for a few days, brain bruise, severed arteries, severed nerves, 14 staples, lots of confusion and memory loss. I was out there a week later meeting clients selling my supplements wrapped up like a fucking mummy lol, relentless bro. I have a scar that healed pretty well you cant really tell unless you look close, mederma and anabolics helped I believe deca and winstrol , and I didnt use any pain meds, self medicated with ketamine. split my "wig" bigtime, my friends growing up used to call me ghost 9 lives (ghost is my nickname) lol

1665072115448.png 1665072127688.png 1665072139746.png this was within first hour of accident, it got WAY WORSE!!! i was unrecognizable and could not smile on my right side, had a droopin face and eyebrow due to severed nerve, and I thought I would be ugly forever

I had a tbi in 2018, went head first through a brand new e350 mercedes windshield , airbag didnt go off ( I know I should have sued blah blah) but I was in my own world. Was in ICU for a few days, brain bruise, severed arteries, severed nerves, 14 staples, lots of confusion and memory loss. I was out there a week later meeting clients selling my supplements wrapped up like a fucking mummy lol, relentless bro. I have a scar that healed pretty well you cant really tell unless you look close, mederma and anabolics helped I believe deca and winstrol , and I didnt use any pain meds, self medicated with ketamine. split my "wig" bigtime, my friends growing up used to call me ghost 9 lives (ghost is my nickname) lol

View attachment 165084View attachment 165085View attachment 165086 this was within first hour of accident, it got WAY WORSE!!! i was unrecognizable and could not smile on my right side, had a droopin face and eyebrow due to severed nerve, and I thought I would be ugly forever
Yeah, never went through a windshield..been around IED’s VBIED’s , breaching, shot a Carl gustav until my nose bleed several times…and years of 300win mag, 338 lapua, and most recently 300 Norma unsupressed sometimes from inside messed my shit up permanently..

Yeah, never went through a windshield..been around IED’s VBIED’s , breaching, shot a Carl gustav until my nose bleed several times…and years of 300win mag, 338 lapua, and most recently 300 Norma unsupressed sometimes from inside messed my shit up permanently..
respect bro for your service. Ive been blasted in a drive by and stabbed a few diff times, hit with power tools, 8th grade got jumped and nose broke with a maglite flash light, riots while in carcerated shot with pepper balls, stomped into asphalt a few times and concrete, hundreds of street fights, more than a few on halotestin lol :) been in multiple close range gun battles, watched friends get smoked right next to me in same car, we got jumped at a party by a diff rival gang when i was 17 and my friend got blasted in the head next to me, had a few concussions in sports growing up pop warner, I almost got killed in june when I got jumped and hit with a metal pipe, props for sacrificing for our country , Ive cut and carved rivals in the past like a Halloween pumpkin, blasted fools....hang tough my boy, greener pastures await you, one of my polish friends i grew up with in HS went to Afghanistan and stepped on a IUD, he had a bomb sniffer dog, blew off his leg it looks like an anatomy chart, he doesn't remember me from HS either and we used to chill. you guys are heroes! walk with that knowledge

respect bro for your service. Ive been blasted in a drive by and stabbed a few diff times, hit with power tools, 8th grade got jumped and nose broke with a maglite flash light, riots while in carcerated shot with pepper balls, stomped into asphalt a few times and concrete, hundreds of street fights, more than a few on halotestin lol :) been in multiple close range gun battles, watched friends get smoked right next to me in same car, we got jumped at a party by a diff rival gang when i was 17 and my friend got blasted in the head next to me, had a few concussions in sports growing up pop warner, I almost got killed in june when I got jumped and hit with a metal pipe, props for sacrificing for our country , Ive cut and carved rivals in the past like a Halloween pumpkin, blasted fools....hang tough my boy, greener pastures await you, one of my polish friends i grew up with in HS went to Afghanistan and stepped on a IUD, he had a bomb sniffer dog, blew off his leg it looks like an anatomy chart, he doesn't remember me from HS either and we used to chill. you guys are heroes! walk with that knowledge
Brother, I’m far from a hero lol

Just a guy that didn’t mature since high school who got paid to workout and shoot guns for too long

Same here tbi as fuck BUT lions mane and weed help and supposedly prevent Alzheimer’s

I thought I’d never see 30 but I’m 44 now so who knows bro. Never cared either but I have a 7 month old now and that. Hanged the game but doesn’t erase all the shit we were exposed to them yea right into bodybuilding so 🤨

I thought I’d never see 30 but I’m 44 now so who knows bro. Never cared either but I have a 7 month old now and that. Hanged the game but doesn’t erase all the shit we were exposed to them yea right into bodybuilding so 🤨
I’m out of the game so to speak..medically retired..I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old..36 now but I just don’t see how I can go too long with the damage that’s already occurred

In a lab, he says the brains of mice who were given specially-formulated amino acids before and after brain injuries

what is "specially-formulated" amino acids? Is this just BCAA or BCAA+, or BCAA and EAAS? What were the mice given exactly?
Human studies on TBI are more difficult to perform because of the heterogeneity of the brain injuries, the complexity of identifying matched controls, and differences in the standard of care at multiple study sites. Jeter and colleagues measured circulating BCAA levels in normal volunteers and in mild and severe TBI patients. They found that BCAA levels were significantly lower in TBI patients, and lower BCAA levels correlated with the severity of TBI, suggesting that BCAAs were being utilized by the brain.8 Aquilani and colleagues performed a study on severe TBI patients and provided a 19-g daily dose of BCAA to 20 severe TBI patients and compared them to 20 age-matched and Glasgow Coma Scale–matched controls. Impressively, 68% of BCAA-treated patients emerged from vegetative states, whereas none of the untreated changed (p < 0.0001).9 In 2021, updated neurosurgical guidelines for the management of severe TBI were published. We commented on the need for revising the nutritional component of these guidelines and recommended BCAA for TBI patients.10 Our hypothesis is that if circulating BCAAs are elevated at the time of TBI, the BCAAs will prevent or reduce the severity of TBI.

I had that same premonition @ 16, 18, and 21, and have almost died numerous times in between and since even recently lol. Congrats on 7 month old my friend, my son is 12 and he is who I live for!

Be like the sun for grace and mercy, Be like the night to cover others' faults, Be like running water for generosity, be like death for rage and anger, be like the earth for modesty, appear as you are now, be as you appear!

I've been recovering from a TBI , any suggestions on timing/dosage for improvement?

I’m out of the game so to speak..medically retired..I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old..36 now but I just don’t see how I can go too long with the damage that’s already occurred
What’s fucked up if you don’t mind me asking? My ears are shit or so I’m told feet are fucked too. Got a few scars from shit that’s healed the biggest issue is tapering off my VA ptsd meds I was on since 2007 and with a kid I want to be not dependent on an unreliable Va so that’s been hell.

What’s fucked up if you don’t mind me asking? My ears are shit or so I’m told feet are fucked too. Got a few scars from shit that’s healed the biggest issue is tapering off my VA ptsd meds I was on since 2007 and with a kid I want to be not dependent on an unreliable Va so that’s been hell.
Severe TBI on the occipital, probable CTE, right knee total replacement, 3 rotator cuffs on both sides (right one currently torn), broken hip pinned together, got tinnitus but it’s mainly the TBI, both clavicles were broke..I’m sure I’m forgetting some shit but that’s the brunt of it

Severe TBI on the occipital, probable CTE, right knee total replacement, 3 rotator cuffs on both sides (right one currently torn), broken hip pinned together, got tinnitus but it’s mainly the TBI, both clavicles were broke..I’m sure I’m forgetting some shit but that’s the brunt of it
Lol I forgot tinnitus and multiple concussions but mostly from friendly shit what they woukd prolly call breachers syndrome now a days but never got worse than small arms and a lot of over pressure sounds like you got blown up or took machine gun fire that’s a fucking lotta shit brother. I can see where you’d think you’ll die but fuck if that didn’t kill you and the good die young who knows maybe we’ll see 80 😂😂😂. PS How do you lift with all that shit, took me almost a decade to get off Vicodin and Im way lucky motherfucker considering. At least we got our arms and legs. My VA PCP specializes in amputees so every time I go in I sit with them and feel like a total asshole for having all my limbs.

Lol I forgot tinnitus and multiple concussions but mostly from friendly shit what they woukd prolly call breachers syndrome now a days but never got worse than small arms and a lot of over pressure sounds like you got blown up or took machine gun fire that’s a fucking lotta shit brother. I can see where you’d think you’ll die but fuck if that didn’t kill you and the good die young who knows maybe we’ll see 80 😂😂😂. PS How do you lift with all that shit, took me almost a decade to get off Vicodin and Im way lucky motherfucker considering. At least we got our arms and legs. My VA PCP specializes in amputees so every time I go in I sit with them and feel like a total asshole for having all my limbs.
Considering it all I’m not really in pain. The knee is a damn unit! I want to get the other one replaced and nothing is wrong with it. I don’t even take pain meds

Considering it all I’m not really in pain. The knee is a damn unit! I want to get the other one replaced and nothing is wrong with it. I don’t even take pain meds
I wrote that laying on the couch..as soon as I got up I realized my right elbow was frozen..took me a solid hour to get it to move..doing squats and accessories and bench and accessories now

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131