over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does anyone actually run anymore?

At 150, I was a triathlete. Now at 230, running is a BITCH. For the previous few year I would prepare in the spring for a 5k. I'd love to run a few. I always enjoyed the atmosphere of a race and the post race. But I just couldn't seem to get beyond 2.5 miles. I'd be ok out to 1, could sprint for 1/2 mile, but things just got nasty beyond that. Last year I was struggling up a small hill at the 1.5 point, hardly moving and completely out of breath. Just then, two smoking hot 110 pound chicks FEW by chatting to each other. It done me in. I didn't even make the effort this year to attempt....

a lot of the heavy people who lose weight say they start noticing it come off after the get too 2 miles a day just keep ur heart rate at a nice steady pace

Not for me. I did enough running for ten people when I was in the Marines.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I hate running but being in the service its not an option I run 3x a week 2-5 miles each day. I hate it because its hard enough for me to keep on mass as it is so I eat more on run days. But givin the choice I would hit the bike a cple x a week or something a little less high impact.

I would like to hear more on this topic. Running is something I do on occassions, but I swear running bothers my knees.

In the past, I did more running and never had any knee pains. I was only running about 3 miles 3 x a week.

Not with my old mans knees. Ive always hated running so probably use it as an excuse i guess

i actually used to run and i keep telling myself i need to run, shit i'm outta breath running around the yard with my 5 year old so i've gotta do something lol.

I bought the Sketcher SRR running shoes and the alleviated the pain in my knees, lower back and planter fasciitis - i highly recommend them if you are serious about trying to start running again - they take a little getting used to but they are good...just don't let your wife tell your friends cause they will make a lot of fun of you :eek:

Last edited:
Old age and getting to 260+ ended my running days - too much pounding on the knees.

I run all the time for cardiovascular...just set the treadmill to 5-6 mph and go...its getting harder lately though as I am getting heavier and after a good run I will get up the next morning and my ankles and feet ache like I am a sixty year old man...I know alot of guys like the eliptical and all that low intensity stuff but I just cant get into any of that, running takes you to where you need to be way quicker in my opinion

Runners in my mind are a completely different breed.

I do respect them, when I see someone running in the cold, rain or snow with a hoddie on, it motivates me, it really it does.

Makes me wonder why they would do this, why don't they stay home on the treadmill and wait until it's a nicer day.

They (runners) don't wait for the sunshine, they run because they love to.

It's them against the pavement, I never really understood running, other then health benefits, why they do it, is it fun? Does it excite them?

This is why I believe they are a different breed.

To answer the question, I just started running, I am not talking about 20 min indoors on the cardio machine, rather, after dinner, put on the sweats and just go!

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around why this is "fun" to runners

I am sure I will get there soon. I strive to run longer every week and beat my time, perhaps that's why I am doing this, just so I can beat my record times???

Chip

1 hour grappling class 2-3 times a week gives me all the cardio I need, even though I gas like crazy right now trying to get used to the extra weight I'm carrying.

I ran a half marathon in January of last year. I'm not a mass monster by any stretch of the imagination. I feel the majority of members on this site that frequently post are Bodybuilders. To get lean, you don't need to run, or much less do cardio.

However, to be in shape, and what I feel is healthy, I think cardiovascular endurance is important.

I recently joined a local crossfit gym to try it out. IF you are able to get past the whole terrible form that most people have (as if thats not at any gym), the workouts are intense. I'm losing size for sure, but I've never felt as lean, or as healthy in a cardiovascular sense.

It all comes down to your goals. But I personally hate to run.

Absolutely. 3 runs per week anywhere from 1 mile to 5

Well, runners arent all low muscularity. Look at some of the olympic sprinters and youll see some muscular guys. Its the long distance runners that look like they are mostly all Ethiopian.

Attachments

• svJOHNSON_wideweb__470x367,0.jpg
    svJOHNSON_wideweb__470x367,0.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 348
  • athletes08.jpg
    athletes08.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:
bber's don't run, they don't need to! If doing interval, yes, other than that, not really. To get your hr to 130, you just need an incline and a top speed of 3.5 on the treadmill.

Absolutely. 3 runs per week anywhere from 1 mile to 5

I usually do 3 miles after lifting, 6 days a week but I only average about 4 mph. Trying to keep my heart in shape.

Well, runners arent all low muscularity. Look at some of the olympic sprinters and youll see some muscular guys. Its the long distance runners that look like they are mostly all Ethiopian.

Keep in mind the difference between ENDURANCE running and short distance/sprinting! Usually sprinters have very explosive physiques, endurance runners... Well sure! With lots of drugs haha!

bber's don't run, they don't need to! If doing interval, yes, other than that, not really. To get your hr to 130, you just need an incline and a top speed of 3.5 on the treadmill.

I beg to differ! It gives me the abilitiy to have more HUGE cheat meals!

I usually do 3 miles after lifting, 6 days a week but I only average about 4 mph. Trying to keep my heart in shape.

Thats a shit ton man! I don't have the patience for that much!

3x a week keeps my asthma at bay and lets me stay effective in the field.

Absolutely despise running... so.. no. When I cut I don't even do cardio and get great results. Its all diet, really the only important thing about cardio is over all health

I used to love running, I get such an endorphin release from it, a true 'runner's high'.
After only one week of running, my BP and HR drop dramatically.

Unfortunately, being an ectomorph and running are like burning a candle at both ends. Running eats mass off of me no matter how much food I eat.
Also, now that I am a decent body weight from all these years of lifting, I don't think the heavy impact from running would be very good for my joints.

I do sprints now and then, but I do miss going for a run.
I always hate the first 5-7 minutes, and then it just feels good.
I pull a weighted sled most of the time, it gets my heart really pumping and is low impact. I do wish I could jog instead though.

I run 5-6 days per week.Always fasted in the mornings. Alternate between 45 minutes of intervals one day, then run a 5k the next. I'm 6'1" 220 12%...46 years old. It's helped me keep my BF % down and legs look rock hard. Yes, it's tougher after a big quad day..hams too.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear