over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fergus Crawley Does 500lb. Deadlift & 5K Run In Under 20 Minutes

Nice. Now I'm in my 40s, I was toying with the goal of a 600lb deadlift and 25min 5k to be performed on the same day. Neither would be a PB, but doing both on the same day in my 40s would be pretty cool. No way could I do sub 20 for the 5k, that's very impressive.

@danieltx You flatter me man. No way I could run a fiver!

I actually bought his programming and was going to run it a little bit ago. Here’s some random pages from it.

Been thinking about giving it a legitimate go but a bit weary.

Attachments

• IMG_3329.png
    IMG_3329.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3328.png
    IMG_3328.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 35
Miss read the post

5k in 20

He has one that’s a 500 squat then 5 min mile! Was just a blistering speed. Just watched the film.

When I was in the Army, I could run a 19:30ish 5k, and a 32-33 minute 5 mile run while being able to squat and deadlift over 600. There were a few others in my unit (SOF unit) who could do that too. Our strength coaches always said you need to be able to run your deadlift. If you deadlift 600, you need to run a 6 minute mile. But then there were the old school guys who said if your 5 mile is faster than 38 minutes, you’re too weak 😂

Lots of guys could do that IMO. I was doing that right up to my 40s. Best time in 5K was little over 16 minutes. Disclaimer: I competed in cross country in school. I also was doing 500 pound deadlifts for a few reps. I didn't stop running until my 50s. Too much toll at that time.

Lots of guys could do that IMO. I was doing that right up to my 40s. Best time in 5K was little over 16 minutes. Disclaimer: I competed in cross country in school. I also was doing 500 pound deadlifts for a few reps. I didn't stop running until my 50s. Too much toll at that time.
16 minutes is flying! Yeah, I think this is more common than most realize. I was hoping that I didn’t sound arrogant or dishonest when I posted above, but go on any Army or Marine base and you’ll find lots of dudes who can do this. Especially in an infantry or SOF unit. I know a guy (speak with him here and there) who deadlifts 700 and runs marathons same day. Marcus Hunt on IG. I just think many bodybuilders aren’t exposed to this type of fitness

16 minutes is flying! Yeah, I think this is more common than most realize. I was hoping that I didn’t sound arrogant or dishonest when I posted above, but go on any Army or Marine base and you’ll find lots of dudes who can do this. Especially in an infantry or SOF unit. I know a guy (speak with him here and there) who deadlifts 700 and runs marathons same day. Marcus Hunt on IG. I just think many bodybuilders aren’t exposed to this type of fitness
That’s a freaky level of fitness

Common sense tells me that's great and it would do me good to be in that type of shape. The old school powerlifter/bodybuilder in me looks at that and says, "Yuck!" :ROFLMAO:

That’s pretty true..I think it’s more common on the navy side of sof to be honest..where I was at in the army there was a big group just involved in rucking and running..we had some lifters (I was one) but the culture of fitness was definitely different between branches when I was in

That’s pretty true..I think it’s more common on the navy side of sof to be honest..where I was at in the army there was a big group just involved in rucking and running..we had some lifters (I was one) but the culture of fitness was definitely different between branches when I was in
Without getting too political - Army side it really depends on the specific ODA. There aren’t really any standardized requirements for fitness and the organization is just too huge.

ODAs are weird beasts to work with, you never really know what you’re going to get until you get together and the culture of that troop and the SNCOs. Some are PT studs, other flat range beasts, a handful good at movement and a few… well a few just let’s leave it at that.

Standards simply cannot be implemented on a large scale across such a big organization with various cultures therein.

NSW on the white side there are flat standards everyone has to test for quarterly at the command and unit it’s based off your specific needs and your human performance coach to ensure longer careers. More emphasis on injury prevention and health over all out performance.

Very few guys can maintain the level of lean mass and the ability to perform cardiovascularly at these levels. To those of you with sub 20 5ks and repping 500+ on dead’s or squats that isn’t necessarily just work ethic. It’s the genetic ability to process lactate nearly instantaneously, perfectly developed sling systems and tendon/ligament elasticity/strength that rivals a race horse.

One of our old quals was a three miler in 18 or less. Older guys with a little bit of lean mass on them all absolute studs and even with the best coaches on the planet some guys just couldn’t get there. Gait was slightly off, tendon elasticity not allowing for fast enough turn over etc

I've never heard of Fergus Crawley but saw this on Generation Iron and though the board would like it. I know I certainly couldn't do this and I doubt many here could aside from @Performance Based.

Should have set up a bench and did a quick 405 for a single after the deadlift too

Should have set up a bench and did a quick 405 for a single after the deadlift too
I’d be well out, honestly don’t think I could press 275 anymore.

No real translation between bench and any athletic movement that I have found “personally”. Heaps of data showing direct correlation between squat 1RM and run / cycling times.

Tons as well between injury rate and posterior chain strength as measured via Deads.

Seen heaps of data showing that bench press has a higher rate of injury. That coupled with no translation to an athletic endeavor.

Sorry nerded out!

I’ve never heard of this guy!

This is exactly the type of shit I’m into!

Thanks danieltx!
Me too. I understand this is PM, but I don't care about stage. I care about being able to lift then run. Which I do on the daily.

Without getting too political - Army side it really depends on the specific ODA. There aren’t really any standardized requirements for fitness and the organization is just too huge.

ODAs are weird beasts to work with, you never really know what you’re going to get until you get together and the culture of that troop and the SNCOs. Some are PT studs, other flat range beasts, a handful good at movement and a few… well a few just let’s leave it at that.

Standards simply cannot be implemented on a large scale across such a big organization with various cultures therein.

NSW on the white side there are flat standards everyone has to test for quarterly at the command and unit it’s based off your specific needs and your human performance coach to ensure longer careers. More emphasis on injury prevention and health over all out performance.

Very few guys can maintain the level of lean mass and the ability to perform cardiovascularly at these levels. To those of you with sub 20 5ks and repping 500+ on dead’s or squats that isn’t necessarily just work ethic. It’s the genetic ability to process lactate nearly instantaneously, perfectly developed sling systems and tendon/ligament elasticity/strength that rivals a race horse.

One of our old quals was a three miler in 18 or less. Older guys with a little bit of lean mass on them all absolute studs and even with the best coaches on the planet some guys just couldn’t get there. Gait was slightly off, tendon elasticity not allowing for fast enough turn over etc
In the OD-A most people only cared about making a 300 on PT and fieldcraft..I’m a huge shooter and gear guy..I felt I was often the minority in that area as well.

Me too. I understand this is PM, but I don't care about stage. I care about being able to lift then run. Which I do on the daily.
I just care about performance and shaming my wife when I’m naked

This is 100% true, and it’s all on the Team SGT to set the standards and personality of the ODA. Some are hitting the sauce and the weights, some are training for Ironmans together. Some are all about keeping the Q course gate standards, some ODAs are fat and never PT. Some are gods at the range, some think the green hat makes up for their lack of skill. And there’s everything in between. I’ve seen ODAs of juiced up dudes riding Harleys for fun, and ODAs of skinny nerds who watch anime (1SFG *cough*) or just dress in hiking gear and flannels and go for long hikes (10th group *cough*). It’s really all over the place. Most are good, some are crap. Although I was never really impressed working with vanilla NSW, but that’s a whole other conversation and this isn’t really the place or audience to have it with

This is 100% true, and it’s all on the Team SGT to set the standards and personality of the ODA. Some are hitting the sauce and the weights, some are training for Ironmans together. Some are all about keeping the Q course gate standards, some ODAs are fat and never PT. Some are gods at the range, some think the green hat makes up for their lack of skill. And there’s everything in between. I’ve seen ODAs of juiced up dudes riding Harleys for fun, and ODAs of skinny nerds who watch anime (1SFG *cough*) or just dress in hiking gear and flannels and go for long hikes (10th group *cough*). It’s really all over the place. Most are good, some are crap. Although I was never really impressed working with vanilla NSW, but that’s a whole other conversation and this isn’t really the place or audience to have it with
100%

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity