advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What fluid intake does everyone shoot for?

How much fluids a day

• 3-4L

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • 5-7L

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • 8L+

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

TheSteamboat

Registered
Newbies
Obviously going to be individual based on needs, just curious to see where others sit.

Id say probably 4ish liter total fluid intake including a couple shakes one.of which is 1L , and s 20oz diet Mt Dew a day in the winter.

6-8 pretty consiin the summer.

1.5 gals of water a day is what I shoot for. Not sure liter amount.

3 - 4L

My best guess but could be more.

I know I should drink more but I don’t 🙁

I drink about 320 16 ounce water bottles a month. This.doesn't count the ones that I refill at a the gym, nor.does it include 5-6 diet mountain dews a.day or other pop I drink at restaurants. Its not.uncommon to fill up my water bottle at least 4 times at the gym.

Your urine should be clear if you are well hydrated if it is dark drink more fluids

2 Gallons a day and electrolytes mixed in as well as some added sodium to keep fluid balanced

Your urine should be clear if you are well hydrated if it is dark drink more fluids
Technically this is true and a good target.

But . . . you can be sufficiently hydrated (clear urine) and just by taking a bunch of vitamins your urine will become dark.

Just thought I would throw that out there to muddy the waters 😉

Typically 6 - 8 liters a day when I'm 100%. I've been out of the gym for a minute and still hit 5 - 6 liters a day without even thinking about it.

Usually 2x2.2l bottle so a bit over 4. When I used to really go hard on the water I ended up having low sodium and felt like crap despite eating 6+g sodium per day. I noticed when I started doing more high rep, high volume, low rest time type training I put down a full 2.2 during a workout session

From most of the literature i see about 1/2 ounce per kilo of bodyweight is the rough recommendation to start then adjust as needed. I get in over 4 liters a day which i find is more then enough. No signs of dehydration not even in the mornings. People that are conscious of their fluid intake probably get more then they need i would bet. Iused to take in more but was just flushing electrolytes from my body and was actually looking more dehydrated in the mornings.

Water i’m usually at 1 gallon per day, which is roughly 8 standard sized bottles. I also drink 2 large black coffees a day & around 20oz of organic, grassfed whole milk in the evening. I’m a daily dry sauna user & it’s easy for me to tell when im
under hydrated. Once you’ve been drinking a gallon plus of water a day for an extended period it seems your body adjusts to high amounts.

Easily the most unique way I’ve ever heard someone quantify their water intake 😂
Lol sams has 40 packs water for 4-5 bucks. I get 8 a month,. My mom is always at my.house always.telling me I need to.drink all that water as.were.going to Sams soon. Which translate.to she needs to obligate me to do something at her house by buying me water. Which she.even buys And I cannot pay her.for it. I quit arguing with her about it years.ago.

Iused to take in more but was just flushing electrolytes from my body and was actually looking more dehydrated in the mornings.
True, but it would likely be more optimal to just up your electrolytes and keep fluid high in my opinion. 4L really isn’t very much.

Under normal circumstances, just drink to thirst. In extreme temperatures and/or before, during & after an intensive bout of exercise, drink sufficient water & electrolytes to maintain a stable body weight.

The hypothalamus & kidneys work in a coordinated lockstep via AVP & ADH to regulate fluid homeostasis (water balance) through thirst sensations.

There is no daily recommended intake for water because a. it varies dramatically depending on environmental conditions & b. thirst is a near-perfect signal that is tightly regulated & evolutionarily conserved. Some people have higher background fluid intake requirements than others, and that's fine. They have thirst to guide them.

All of these intakes > 4 L are stimulative of hyponatremia in the average person under normal conditions: stressful to the kidneys & dysregulates fluid balance.

These gurus promoting very high intakes are dumb, and the new trend of carrying a lil' water bottle with you (very gay, for a man) is silly at best, and definitely a bit effeminate.

Under normal circumstances, just drink to thirst. In extreme temperatures and/or before, during & after an intensive bout of exercise, drink sufficient water & electrolytes to maintain a stable body weight.

The hypothalamus & kidneys work in a coordinated lockstep via AVP & ADH to regulate fluid homeostasis (water balance) through thirst sensations.

There is no daily recommended intake for water because a. it varies dramatically depending on environmental conditions & b. thirst is a near-perfect signal that is tightly regulated & evolutionarily conserved. Some people have higher background fluid intake requirements than others, and that's fine. They have thirst to guide them.

All of these intakes > 4 L are stimulative of hyponatremia in the average person under normal conditions: stressful to the kidneys & dysregulates fluid balance.

These gurus promoting very high intakes are dumb, and the new trend of carrying a lil' water bottle with you (very gay, for a man) is silly at best, and definitely a bit effeminate.
Personally, I’ve always found my performance to be best with both higher fluid and higher electrolyte intake.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws