over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Resmed Airfit 20 leaking

btails

Registered
Hey guys, can someone help me out with a solution to this? Everytime I re-buy this make after about 4 months it starts leaking from the connection point from the elbow to the mask.

At 200 a pop I'm starting to get a little fed up. Is there a way to fix it?

Attachments

• 20240226_082801.jpg
    20240226_082801.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 27
Hey guys, can someone help me out with a solution to this? Everytime I re-buy this make after about 4 months it starts leaking from the connection point from the elbow to the mask.

At 200 a pop I'm starting to get a little fed up. Is there a way to fix it?
Damn, that is pricey. Can you somehow use this?

All I ever have to need to replace is the mask itself and it’s only like $25

^^^just a quick thought ..as i can't see & therefore don't really understand the nature, or dynamics of the leak

..but perhaps simple silicone??

..it's pretty versatile for trick-fixes of the leaky/pressure-kind ..or to seal/create vacuums

^^^just a quick thought ..as i can't see & therefore don't really understand the nature, or dynamics of the leak

..but perhaps simple silicone??

..it's pretty versatile for trick-fixes of the leaky/pressure-kind ..or to seal/create vacuums

The problem is the elbow price swivels on the mask. I could just super glue the shit on but then the swivel function is gone and makes it a Pita for side sleeping.

try a different mask? If that one's shit and falls apart constantly it's worth a try.

Valid. Just really like this mask. When it works it's perfect. They just need to make it so it doesn't fall apart.

That's full face? Covers nose and mouth? I ask because anytime I've tried the Nasal only route I just end up breathing through my mouth
Yep, full face, well mouth and nostrils. I use the large size

i use that full face mask pretty consistently. Where exactly is it leaking from?
Both of those pieces snap together...is it one side or what?
Ive never had any problems with it.

i use that full face mask pretty consistently. Where exactly is it leaking from?
Both of those pieces snap together...is it one side or what?
Ive never had any problems with it.

It's right at the connection point from the swivel to the actual mask.
When I attach them it leaks from the point I've drawn here. If I cover it with my hand it's fine. And it's snapped in perfectly. I played with it for about 30 minutes trying to get it working properly again but no luck

Attachments

• 20240226_082801.jpg
    20240226_082801.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 13
It's right at the connection point from the swivel to the actual mask.
When I attach them it leaks from the point I've drawn here. If I cover it with my hand it's fine. And it's snapped in perfectly. I played with it for about 30 minutes trying to get it working properly again but no luck
Ok, i think i get it. So when you are plugged into the airsense, you can hear air hissing out of that correct. Rather loudly?
Honestly, i just think you need a new mask. Ive jimmied around and fixed some fucked up masks with tape, trying to cover rips and tears that causes leaking. But eventually u just gotta get a new one. Whats weird is that youve said you have this mask before and SAME shit happened?

Ok, i think i get it. So when you are plugged into the airsense, you can hear air hissing out of that correct. Rather loudly?
Honestly, i just think you need a new mask. Ive jimmied around and fixed some fucked up masks with tape, trying to cover rips and tears that causes leaking. But eventually u just gotta get a new one. Whats weird is that youve said you have this mask before and SAME shit happened?

Correct. It's loud enough to know it's not working like it did before I unhooked it. Not like I punctured a hole it it with a drill but enough to be annoying.

And ya, I've been buying a new one every 4 months. Just gets annoying because it's not cheap and it's always the same part giving me the issues.

Wow, I use that same mask for years now. I’ve never had that issue. Man I hope I didn’t just jinx myself. Sorry I can’t help!

Not sure where you get yours from but I’ve used thecpapshop.com.

Cage

I use the same mask and it does the same thing. I just figured that was how it was. How does it bother you?? Do you have a high amounts of air flowing?

Wow, I use that same mask for years now. I’ve never had that issue. Man I hope I didn’t just jinx myself. Sorry I can’t help!

Not sure where you get yours from but I’ve used thecpapshop.com.

Cage

Going to see if they ship to my country as I'm not in the US..

I think the problem is I'm a side sleeper so over time I break down the connection by sleeping on the elbow ever so slightly.

Also I'm jealous of anyone that can actually sleep with just the Nasal pillows. Everytime I've tried those I just end up mouth breathing

I use the same mask and it does the same thing. I just figured that was how it was. How does it bother you?? Do you have a high amounts of air flowing?

Well it's not supposed to do that first and foremost. If you go get a brand new mask you'll see it's whisper quiet.

And it only bother me because even when it's just a slight leak I can feel the difference in my sleep. I feel like a bag of toys currently, as if I didn't even use my cpap. So it's a major difference even if it's only a slight leak.

Going to see if they ship to my country as I'm not in the US..

I think the problem is I'm a side sleeper so over time I break down the connection by sleeping on the elbow ever so slightly.

Also I'm jealous of anyone that can actually sleep with just the Nasal pillows. Everytime I've tried those I just end up mouth breathing
agree, NEVER been able to do anything but a full over the mouth facesmask. Jealous of anyone who can handle a nasal pillow.
I have a deviated septum after a couple nose breaks from football so its either full face mask or dying.

Have you tried a new nozzle, not mask?

I use that mask and I've not had an issue for about a year.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws