over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does anyone actually run anymore?

I run 5-6 days per week.Always fasted in the mornings. Alternate between 45 minutes of intervals one day, then run a 5k the next. I'm 6'1" 220 12%...46 years old. It's helped me keep my BF % down and legs look rock hard. Yes, it's tougher after a big quad day..hams too.

I love this thread!!!!

I am 6'3" 275 lbs (29 yrs old). I have been training for a half marathon since January running 3 to 4 times per week with an average of 6 miles each. I finally ran 13.2 miles last Friday (I know a half marathon is 13.1 but I sprint until failure at the end) I was a lineman in college and wrestler in high school and I come from a family of marathoners so I have run my entire life. I originally started training to lose some fat and decided a 285 lb (at the time) should not be running so far, so I wanted to do it more than ever. Imagine the freak look most of these BB's get when they go in the gym. I get that because someone my size should not be chugging along at a 8:30 mile (that my not be good for some but it is for me) for 6+ miles. It is a mental battle, you just need to realize your body is a machine and it will go where the mind take it.
That is why I love the NFL combine. a 340 man should not be running a 4.7 40 yd dash....but he does
THE RUSH IS AWESOME....Runners high is no joke
I am always sipping LBA's or a protein shake before and after

1 mile and I am done!!! I ain't no athlete and I aint built to run thats for sure. Only had to run was for foooooseeeball.

I am 6'3" 275 lbs (29 yrs old). I have been training for a half marathon since January running 3 to 4 times per week with an average of 6 miles each. I finally ran 13.2 miles last Friday (I know a half marathon is 13.1 but I sprint until failure at the end) I was a lineman in college and wrestler in high school and I come from a family of marathoners so I have run my entire life. I originally started training to lose some fat and decided a 285 lb (at the time) should not be running so far, so I wanted to do it more than ever. Imagine the freak look most of these BB's get when they go in the gym. I get that because someone my size should not be chugging along at a 8:30 mile (that my not be good for some but it is for me) for 6+ miles. It is a mental battle, you just need to realize your body is a machine and it will go where the mind take it.
That is why I love the NFL combine. a 340 man should not be running a 4.7 40 yd dash....but he does
THE RUSH IS AWESOME....Runners high is no joke
I am always sipping LBA's or a protein shake before and after

I still remember the first time I got the runners high! But, man I feel tore up any time I run more than 2-3 miles. knees and ankles ache so bad afterwards. Doesn't help with all the past injuries I'm sure. I was always a half/1mile guy though. Never first never last just.

I could probably be a much better runner than bodybuilder, but I simply do not enjoy it. I don't mind a nice hike, but running just bores me to death. Mentally bodybuilding, physically running in my case. Many cross country runners throughout my extended family and I was always good during the brief periods I'd try.

Nowadays I do cardio purely because of health. I took it out for awhile and felt significantly better within a week of adding low intensity cardio back in.

I like to "run" on grass fields, playing soccer or football with friends...running on pavement is degenerative to knees IMO.

Gotta save 'em for heavy squats!

Rumble Roller

I am telling you, I ordered a rumble roller extra firm after I read a thread on here (think tank i believe) and it has saved me. I would have a nagging hamstring or tight hip flexors, but as soon as I started rolling before and after my runs everything feels great. I found in my own body when I have a small injuries usually I have tight muscles somewhere (rumble rolling the thighs, hammys and calf has saved me)
So thank you to this board for that little gem ( I will have to find the member(s) responsible for the recommendation later)

I forgot to mention that my favorite running sessions have been while I was on tropical vacations.....
getting up as the sun is rising, and jogging on a soft sand surface when no one is around is about the
most beautiful and surreal experience one could have.
Breathing in crisp, cold air coming in over the sea and taking in all the amazing visuals while your body
pumps out natural 'feel good' chemicals is an experience that every human should take a chance at.
I ran this beach a couple years ago, I stopped at a few points to watch some little crabs run around
and to pet some friendly dogs that wander the area.....
Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
**broken link removed**

Another great run that I remember well was Haad Salad in the islands of Thailand.
I was a little tired from some drinking at a party the night before on the other side of the island, but
I completely forgot once I got lost in the views and my endorphins were in full effect.
Haad_Salad-beach.jpg

Beach running is the best because the sand softens the impact.
I have a 5 acre property at home, I am seriously considering making an all sand jogging path around the
perimeter of my property.

I try to run, but its really tough to get motivated for. Usually ill run till i break a sweat then hit the weights

I do HIIT intervals. I run @ 9-10mph for 1 minute then walk for 2 minutes. Do this for 20-30 minutes on cardio days. Keeps the fat off and doesnt seem to burn much if any muscle.

after reading this thread yesterday, I chose to run today for my cardio with an incline. felt good. I miss my basketball days

after reading this thread yesterday, I chose to run today for my cardio with an incline. felt good. I miss my basketball days

let me know if you wanna hoop sometime, i play pretty regularly and am in a few leagues.

Everyones body responds differently! I used to run 3 miles at a 5:30 mile pace and it was nothing. I then went on to bulking for about over a year and then when I went back to running I hardly ran a mile. Your body just loses the adaption to being more efficient at using oxygen within your lungs to allow you for a longer/intense run.

Running, Marathons? Yes. Triathlons? Training for it right now. I am an athlete.

To a point muscle will help with running but past that point it hinders you. BB'ers, at least on average, should not be running like a marathoner or half marathoner. You will lose much of your size and shape. Some running for cardio is good but then any cardio is good. You just have to work toward what your own personal goals are.

It really sucks for me since I'm flatfooted and my feet get screwed and nothing works! I just stick with walking on incline or elliptical for the most part if I do any cardio.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws