advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does anyone else experience pain from wrist straps?

machomadness22

Registered
I started using them about a few months ago and though I haven't had any issues with them until about 3 weeks ago. They have helped my lifts a great deal and I love using them but I have this horrible pain in my wrist that really prevents me from doing biceps and certain other lifts. I took a week off then hit it hard and its back so I'm taking another week off but cant go that much longer....any suggestions I'm taking fish oil and glucosamine right now. I cant afford anything else at this time so just looking for suggestions. Thanks guys

Make sure the part of the looped strap that is around the wrist is above the bone sticking out of the wrist on the outside edge. Have the strap above that, towards the elbow.

I hope that makes sense......lol. It's totally clear to me!;)

Make sure the part of the looped strap that is around the wrist is above the bone sticking out of the wrist on the outside edge. Have the strap above that, towards the elbow.

I hope that makes sense......lol. It's totally clear to me!;)

Haha took me a couple of reads but got it, has this happened to you before? Do you think I did anything serious to it? I'd hate to have to go to a doc just for something that's more than likely minor, co-pays are a bitch these days.

When I used straps more frequently I had some problems until I figured it out.
To be honest it was so long ago I don't remember if I figured it out myself or someone told me.
The pain went away on it's own pretty quick.

It sounds like the loop that goes around your wrist was right around your wrist. When I wear mine it is more of less pulling on my hand(the metacarpal bones). I think maybe yours was around your carpal bones and it sounds like as the weight was pulling on the strap it must have sprained some of the ligaments that hold those carpal bones together.

I sprained my wrist once really bad doing flys when I was a kid in high school. The pain is bad and you really cant use that wrist to do much until that heals. Ligaments heal really slow too because the blood supply to them is poor. Lots of rest for that area. Just have to work around it, using machines often allows that. The rule for you will be if it hurts any at all then do not do that movement. If it hurts the next day after the exercise then don't do it again.

There are plenty of vids on YouTube on how to correctly use wrist straps.

BUY THEM FROM ATP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

best straps ever!!!

I have used them since 2003 I think... maybe 02.

buy the ones with the fleece wrist padding.

these guys have been a sponsor forever and are a top notch company, you will not be disappointed.

cant say enough good about them!

Yeah you won't have this problem with APT straps. They're too thick and wide around the wrist loop to cut into you. Or you can try using shiecks or versa grips which I really enjoy. Versas are really durable and comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Order yourself powergrips. They're rubber pads that strap on using velcro.. Give you amazing grip without the pain you mention. They're very worth the $55

Thanks everyone for the replies Ill do some searching and shopping around, glad I think I found the main issue thanks to dens and maldorf. Now its time to heal up and hop back on the gain train

A great way I found for wrapping my wrists correctly is from watching how the pros wrap theirs...I've watched many of them and the majority do it all the same...Big Ronnie is great to learn from considering he lifted like a powerlifter...Just a thought...What works for one doesn't always work for all...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

A great way I found for wrapping my wrists correctly is from watching how the pros wrap theirs...I've watched many of them and the majority do it all the same...Big Ronnie is great to learn from considering he lifted like a powerlifter...Just a thought...What works for one doesn't always work for all...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk
Straps not wraps

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member