over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Door Cameras?!

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil
Staff member
Administrator
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Want to get cameras for the front/back doors...Don't want to deal with wiring or contracts.

What are my options guys...Saw Wyze has some options but not sure if they have to be wired in?!

Thanks in advance!

I think no matter what you choose there will be some minor wiring unless you end up with a battery powered camera which I wouldn’t recommend. I had the Nest AC in my house so went with the Nest camera by the front door. Very easy to install because you can leverage the current doorbell wiring for power.

I use Arlo at my place. They are wireless. Just have to remember to keep the batteries charged.
I have also heard good things about ring.

Ring cam can hook up to existing doorbell wiring….but it also has a removable battery to recharge if needed. Not a big fan of Ring Cam, but it gets the job done.

A lot of door cams want a subscription fee if you want to save recorded vids and stuff.

Ring cam can hook up to existing doorbell wiring….but it also has a removable battery to recharge if needed. Not a big fan of Ring Cam, but it gets the job done.

A lot of door cams want a subscription fee if you want to save recorded vids and stuff.
The Rings are good and the app can tell you when battery needs recharging. It's good in case your power goes out.

Sucks you can't do your own recording from them to your own device but have to pay for a subscription (which can get pricey).

Thanks guys...We just moved a little further down in the state and are renting at the moment.

I have to leave at the beginning of the year for a few months we want to get something set up before I go.

The place has a Ring set up already, looking to avoid subs or monthly bills since this is temporary...Was looking to get something that was maybe battery operated that has wifi that uses an app on the phone or something like that?!

I bought all mine online and did it all myself. I wanted hard wired so I was in the attic drilling holes in the headers and dropping wires. I believe mine was $400 for a 8 camera setup. Course I’m a DIY’r and love doing shit like that. Carpentry, trim work, electrical wiring, AV setups, etc… Just NOT plumbing! All I ever do is break plumbing piping.

Cage

I have Ring and it works very well for me...

I bought all mine online and did it all myself. I wanted hard wired so I was in the attic drilling holes in the headers and dropping wires. I believe mine was $400 for a 8 camera setup. Course I’m a DIY’r and love doing shit like that. Carpentry, trim work, electrical wiring, AV setups, etc… Just NOT plumbing! All I ever do is break plumbing piping.

Cage
That's the plan once we have finally chosen a place...Just renting now so just need something for the few months I'm gone.

Ring is what I have also.
In my work office I have a blink, but I like the ring better

My daughters have the Ring camera hooked to their doorbells.

They both gave it good reviews!

A

Lorex. Great 2k doorbell camera. Simple to use/dependable app. No additional cost after purchase. App will save three days worth of alerts, you choose what is recorded (humans/vehicles). You can also view real time as long as you have an internet connection.

Ring is what I use as well.

I have google batteried cams on all access point to my house. They work well enough. Its like $60-120/year to have the memory saved through google. I'm more than pleased with them. Only down side is the battery goes quicker and takes longer to charge in winter.

That's the plan once we have finally chosen a place...Just renting now so just need something for the few months I'm gone.
Sorry about that, I must have missed that part. It seems Ring or the Nest are popular here where I’m at.

Cage

Want to get cameras for the front/back doors...Don't want to deal with wiring or contracts.

What are my options guys...Saw Wyze has some options but not sure if they have to be wired in?!

Thanks in advance!
I have two of mine on a back up hardwire but use Eufy around my home. They’re solar power. I have two that are hardwired and two that aren’t. I’ve never had them go dead on me or any issues knock on wood.

Edit- guys above beat me to it. I ditched ring for Eufy and haven’t looked back.

I have two ring solar door bell cameras. I am happy with them. Every once in awhile I have to charge them as they are not mounted in the best place to get a lot of sun. But not very often.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws