over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Double Hip Replacement

Hermogenes

Registered
Newbies
In about 2 weeks I am having the above surgery.
Presently, I am fat, weak, in pain, sleep deprived and optimistic.
I do my prehab daily, eat well, hydrate well etc; everything that I can control is on point
My problem is that I can't find information regards double replacement for active men in early 50's
It is mostly for single replacement.
Please, if you have any reliable source, experience etc share with me here or via PM

In about 2 weeks I am having the above surgery.
Presently, I am fat, weak, in pain, sleep deprived and optimistic.
I do my prehab daily, eat well, hydrate well etc; everything that I can control is on point
My problem is that I can't find information regards double replacement for active men in early 50's
It is mostly for single replacement.
Please, if you have any reliable source, experience etc share with me here or via PM
Wow, they are doing both at the same time? I thought they always did one and then about 6 months or more later did the other. That's how my mother in law did hers. Makes it easier to recover and get around.

Is there a reason for doing them at the same time?

I guess I'd ask why you are fat? Even if your mobility is limited because of your hips that's no reason to be fat.

As far as your recovery, follow your surgeons and PT's advice and at home rehab. Recovery will be faster that a person that's older. Even though there's not a lot of "information for younger double replacement patients" it's not going to change anything. Eat healthy, supplement accordingly, add 2iu of GH, your sleep will improve when you are pain, free, etc, etc. Don't overthink anything- just be diligent with the rehab.

I run a fitness center and we have personal trainers certified for rehab like this. Also, if your insurance covers it you can try physical therapy centers that will know exactly what to do. You might have to pay a small out of pocket fee at best and you insurance may cover multiple visits. I know because I deal with insurance companies for this all the time.

Wow, they are doing both at the same time? I thought they always did one and then about 6 months or more later did the other. That's how my mother in law did hers. Makes it easier to recover and get around.

Is there a reason for doing them at the same time?
I played volleyball for 20+ years, my 30" vertical jump was achieved out of hard training,I was one of the shorter guys in all teams that I played all of that was a lot of impact and both hips got really bad. I saw my X rays and both sides are bone on bone.
Between doing one recovering, waiting doing the other one and recovering again I decided to do both recover once and not have those months where you are waiting in pain and in recovery.
It will hurt a bit more but will be much faster overall

I guess I'd ask why you are fat? Even if your mobility is limited because of your hips that's no reason to be fat.

As far as your recovery, follow your surgeons and PT's advice and at home rehab. Recovery will be faster that a person that's older. Even though there's not a lot of "information for younger double replacement patients" it's not going to change anything. Eat healthy, supplement accordingly, add 2iu of GH, your sleep will improve when you are pain, free, etc, etc. Don't overthink anything- just be diligent with the rehab.
My body fat has always been in the low teens and now it is mid 20% lack of movement, too much food, terrible sleep, lock down lifestyle all played a role.

There is a huge difference between being able to fold a hip and throw the weight in one leg and not having those options.
The information out the as well the experience of the healthcare providers so far seem to be with runners of inactive old people.

I played volleyball for 20+ years, my 30" vertical jump was achieved out of hard training,I was one of the shorter guys in all teams that I played all of that was a lot of impact and both hips got really bad. I saw my X rays and both sides are bone on bone.
Between doing one recovering, waiting doing the other one and recovering again I decided to do both recover once and not have those months where you are waiting in pain and in recovery.
It will hurt a bit more but will be much faster overall
I guess, being so young ,you will be more able to get around ok. When you get one hip done you're up and walking later that same day. It's pretty amazing. My father had his done at 80 years old and did just fine.

I'd probably be like you and want to do them together and get it over with faster. You are going to be so glad you had the surgery. It was a life saver for those in my family.

How are your knees? My father's left knee is shot and he doesn't want to get it fixed. They say knees have worse recovery.

My father mostly just complained about how the doctor was so stingy with the opioids post surgery. Maybe since you're having both done at once they will be more free with the scripts if you need it.

Is the surgeon going to use the newer anterior approach? My father did that and was sent home the very next day, only stayed one night. My mother in law had the old posterior approach and was in the hospital 3 or 4 days.

Is the surgeon going to use the newer anterior approach? My father did that and was sent home the very next day, only stayed one night. My mother in law had the old posterior approach and was in the hospital 3 or 4 days.
Strangely my knees are really good, never had any real problems with them, anterior approach is what I am booked for, tomorrow is the pre-surgery appointment with the anesthesiologist.
I have high pain tolerance and probably will need...

Strangely my knees are really good, never had any real problems with them, anterior approach is what I am booked for, tomorrow is the pre-surgery appointment with the anesthesiologist.
the approach is not going to matter much, people have problems with anterior approach, no matter the approach you have you will be in the same place in your recovery after a couple of months, over a several year period i have had 5 hip surgeries, the 4th being a total in 2003, had a revision last year due to having a m/m and developing metallosis, ( posterior approach discharged 24 hours later ) the shell liner and ball were changed out for c/p, the shell and stem left in place, they are still well grown in a fixed after beating the hell out of this thing for many years, hell im like you if i were to get a double i would choose to do it at the same time and be done with it, good luck!

by the way the most important thing for you is to have a badass surgeon, someone that specializes in hips and knees and performs about 300 plus replacement per year on hips, the first doc i got in the military was a fucktard, guess what he did anterior approach, the 2nd military doc i got was not much better, could not walk for almost 2 years fucking around with them, they wanted to do a 3rd and i said hell no, waited and took discharge and got my ass to a civy doc that was well respected in the ortho world.

Really depends on your surgeon and how many they've done. Good friend of mine just had his L hip replaced and he was back on the job (finish carpenter) in less than a month. Double hip replacement makes me question what the hurry is? Good luck with your recovery. Believe in your PT and do your best to avoid the narcs they give you for pain. Make liberal use of ice/heat and Ibuprofen. A good reclining chair is going to be your best friend along with a solid partner to help with all those things we take for granted like bathing, wiping your ass, getting to/from the toilet etc. Buy a bunch of different size/thickness pillows to position you leg/hip for comfort while trying to sleep.
Things to buy now: A quality electric heating pad and reusable ice packs. Elastic waist band shorts. A reacher. Put all the stuff you regularly need/use in your cupboard/cabinet (stuff up high & down low) at waist height. Remember/follow your hip precautions.

The great thing is that I am going into a leading hospital with a great reputation (2 different people talked about this doctor).
The problem is that in Canada since the money for surgery comes from taxes, if you are not a hospital donor you are just a body to be used in research.
Don't get me wrong, you get everything top shelf and don't pay extra but you are dealt with as if they where doing you a favour.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131