over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dramatic improvement in lipids -- less than 3 months apart

I also have much better blood work on lower fat.
When I was doing keto and very low carb, my joints and mental clarity was the best it could ever be but my CRP level was doubled and all LDL markers were exasperated. I was also on relatively low saturated fat keto.
With fats around 45-65g a day, my blood work is exceptional.
I have found that when I'm feeling poor/mental clarity down on the lower fat approach, it's just a caloric issue and I need to up the carbs. I also keep protein at about 1-1.25g

Nice! Everything I've learned about Justin Harris leads me to the conclusion that he's VERY good at what he does. Certainly, rhGH (via incresed macrophage uptake & LDL particle degradation) lowers LDL, and RYR (lovastatin) are effective agents for improved lipids, and reducing unhealthy fat intake is usually of major benefit as well.

When I was doing keto and very low carb, my joints and mental clarity was the best it could ever be but my CRP level was doubled and all LDL markers were exasperated. I was also on relatively low saturated fat keto.
I have found that when I'm feeling poor/mental clarity down on the lower fat approach, it's just a caloric issue and I need to up the carbs. I also keep protein at about 1-1.25g
how many carbs per meal/day?

^^^so you were on high PUFA's? ..that could be a possible explanation of the inflammation (..high CRP) you experienced

^^^same here

For me, the biggest downside to the low-fat approach is the joint pain. It was noticeable after two weeks and continues to be a pain in the ass. I guess we can't have our cake and eat it too.

I don't use seed oils.
It wasn't a low saturated fat. It was relatively low. Out of 150-180g a day or so, about 40-50g was saturated. Leaner cuts of red meat. Lots of salmon. 4-6 eggs. The rest of the fats were olive, mac nut, avocado. Small percentage of dairy.
On that particular experiment I had two sets of blood work done 3-4 weeks in and then again at the 6-7 week mark. Things weren't getting progressively worse. inflammatory markers climbed initially and then seem to stick. When I factored the blood work in and the long term sustainability of the food restriction, I decided it just wasn't worth it.

Low fat, my carbs are 200-500 a day. Total caloric intake averages 2800 but its split into low and high calories days. I still have "free days" with no restrictions on food choice every once in a while where fat climb up to 100-125g. Food volume is so large I'm never hungry. For me, it's just the best long term lifestyle option for consistency.

For me, the biggest downside to the low-fat approach is the joint pain. It was noticeable after two weeks and continues to be a pain in the ass. I guess we can't have our cake and eat it too.
It's definitely not as good as the keto approach in that realm. High dose EPA helps and high hydration(which I get lazy on)

Posts like this….there is another camp of medical docs, that advocate low carb high fat (mono saturated) that LDL, HDL levels are just “levels”……that endothelial inflammation and high lipids i the presence of high blood glucose is the issue.

I just eat the diet I feel best on, we are all gonna fucking die anyways.

But I’m glad your bloodwork did what you set out to do
Also soluble fiber binds cholesterol. When I use to eat a high carb diet my bloodwork for years was low cholesterol, low LDL, low HDL. I use to eat a LOT of oatmeal, and kept fat pretty low in my diet. When I say low I'm talking BELOW normal bloodwork parameters

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws