over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Drop gear before a competition?

Flex2019

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
This question has been asked before but it seems there is always some differing opinion as to how things should be done. Some people say to drop test a couple of weeks out to avoid fluid retention. Some people say to run it up to the day of the show. Let's say I were running a test blend, tren enanthate, and masteron prop. I don't tend to hold a lot of water as it is, and it seems that any estrogen related water could be controlled through the use of an AI during the last week of prep. Would it be necessary to drop any of these compounds prior to the comp? If anything, I actually considered upping the dose of the masteron just a bit for the final couple of weeks to get all of the hardening effect that I can. What is the recommended protocol here? It just seems to me that since it's these compounds that helped me get to this point, it would be counterproductive to eliminate them right now. Thanks for any advice on this issue.

A buddy of mine is running some thing similar for his comp in UK. Closer to comp he switches to Test Prop, Tren Ace, Masteron and Var ALL the way to the comp. He is like you. Doesnt hold water much. From what i see he has the driest physique in his category.

i would never change anything supplement wise in the last 6 weeks. maybe more of stuff but never less stuff.
and NO reason to switch to prop either unless you want more shots per week. test is test. i have done both ways in the past and could tell no difference in water retention with test or prop and i don't use diuretics.
a trainer will save you a thousand worries. i suggest phil hernon. a pro that has been there done that. -JS

We ought to pocket the car-— he started to say. I stopped him

A glowering and white dress and a hat like the bellhop in Bernardino described on her. There may be a dozen things I dn't know about. There on the verge of certainly disposition be fingerprints.
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

i dont compete but i notice when i switch to just my cruise dose (250mg) and drop everything i look leaner than ever, bc of all the water loss. idk why i hold water even on test p while using letro

This question has been asked before but it seems there is always some differing opinion as to how things should be done. Some people say to drop test a couple of weeks out to avoid fluid retention. Some people say to run it up to the day of the show. Let's say I were running a test blend, tren enanthate, and masteron prop. I don't tend to hold a lot of water as it is, and it seems that any estrogen related water could be controlled through the use of an AI during the last week of prep. Would it be necessary to drop any of these compounds prior to the comp? If anything, I actually considered upping the dose of the masteron just a bit for the final couple of weeks to get all of the hardening effect that I can. What is the recommended protocol here? It just seems to me that since it's these compounds that helped me get to this point, it would be counterproductive to eliminate them right now. Thanks for any advice on this issue.

I like to decrease testosterone to 250-500mg (depending on LBM) so as to minimize aromatization. I then maintain a steady tren dose, add some masteron (300-500mg) and some winstrol (40-50mg/day), MAYBE a little extra AI like aromasin. The rest is diet and water manipulation.

-Alex

I like to decrease testosterone to 250-500mg (depending on LBM) so as to minimize aromatization. I then maintain a steady tren dose, add some masteron (300-500mg) and some winstrol (40-50mg/day), MAYBE a little extra AI like aromasin. The rest is diet and water manipulation.

-Alex

I actually like to hear your diet and water manipualtion. You can generalize.

I actually like to hear your diet and water manipualtion. You can generalize.

Sure. For myself- I usually end up (for the last 6 weeks or so) consuming .5g carbs per lb LBM on training days and .25g carbs per day on non training days. This is coupled with 2g protein per lb LBM, about 30-40g fiber and the only fats I consume are from an EFA supplement, what's found in my white fish, turkey/chicken breast or lean red meat. 1 week out (depending on my condition) I may maintain this carb cycling scheme or deplete at 50g per day for ~5 days and then begin carbing up say Thursday or Friday morning (again depending on condition). Sodium is pretty high during last 6 weeks. Basically carbs end up being lowered over the course of my pre-contest schedule..as carb levels deplete, sodium increases. This helps keep my muscles full (H20) as well as accustom my body to excreting excess sodium. When i start carbing up, Ill cut water the night before. If I start carbing up say Thursday. , water will be cut in half. and then by Friday morning - just sipping on ice cubes after maybe a glass of water in the morning. I also cut sodium when I begin carbing up. I also like to take dandelion leaf extract once I cut sodium and begin carbing up. If necessary I'll ad a SMALL dose of a potassium sparing diuretic. ( I prefer to avoid loop diuretics if I can). Usually I get away with just dandelion leaf extract if my water manipulation is on point.

-Alex

i would never change anything supplement wise in the last 6 weeks. maybe more of stuff but never less stuff.
and NO reason to switch to prop either unless you want more shots per week. test is test. i have done both ways in the past and could tell no difference in water retention with test or prop and i don't use diuretics.
a trainer will save you a thousand worries. i suggest phil hernon. a pro that has been there done that. -JS

Thanks JS, I've read other threads where you gave similar advice. Seems like the smart way to go. As far as hiring a trainer, I realize it's the best thing to do, and I'll plan ahead on my next prep to have some help along the way. Thanks again.

-Alex

Sure. For myself- I usually end up (for the last 6 weeks or so) consuming .5g carbs per lb LBM on training days and .25g carbs per day on non training days. This is coupled with 2g protein per lb LBM, about 30-40g fiber and the only fats I consume are from an EFA supplement, what's found in my white fish, turkey/chicken breast or lean red meat. 1 week out (depending on my condition) I may maintain this carb cycling scheme or deplete at 50g per day for ~5 days and then begin carbing up say Thursday or Friday morning (again depending on condition). Sodium is pretty high during last 6 weeks. Basically carbs end up being lowered over the course of my pre-contest schedule..as carb levels deplete, sodium increases. This helps keep my muscles full (H20) as well as accustom my body to excreting excess sodium. When i start carbing up, Ill cut water the night before. If I start carbing up say Thursday. , water will be cut in half. and then by Friday morning - just sipping on ice cubes after maybe a glass of water in the morning. I also cut sodium when I begin carbing up. I also like to take dandelion leaf extract once I cut sodium and begin carbing up. If necessary I'll ad a SMALL dose of a potassium sparing diuretic. ( I prefer to avoid loop diuretics if I can). Usually I get away with just dandelion leaf extract if my water manipulation is on point.

-Alex

Thanks for the info Alex. I've read many of your posts and it seems you're very intelligent and know what you're talking about. I appreciate the advice. This isn't my first prep, but my first prep was years ago for a natural show and I've come a long way since then. My progress is coming along great and I don't want to screw myself in the last few weeks. I look forward to reading more of your posts. Thanks again.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mvdds
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws