over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

eating in the middle of the night

wannagetbig

Newbies
who here actually eats a whole food meal in the middle of the night?

I have gotten into a bad habit (Which i absolutely love) of eating a whole food meal (sometimes even 2 meals) throughout the night - but without a doubt, is one my favourite meals of the day.

i take a cooler/esky to bed with me with chicken + cottage cheese + homemade protein bar + sometimes some fruit + carrots

i usually eat some whenever i wake up (i.e. just roll over and reach for the cooler!)

i know it is weird and not normal, but i get so darn hungry throughout the night

I dont always do it, but say after legs I may get up and have 2 scoops of whey.
Depends if Im trying to gain size or lose bodyfat.

I myself have been doing the same thing for almost a month now since starting a bulk running adrol and deca and sust. I wake up after 3-4 almost every night to eat and sometimes wake up a few hours later to eat again. Since I already get up 2 times a night to piss, my mind tells me since you up eat.. I wish I didn't get up to eat a meal; however, its a habit now I can't break it. Currently I'm 5'9 185 8% BF, I have a fast metabolism and am lean so its super hard to bulk, no matter what I eat. And for me yes I still wake up in the morning to eat greek yogurt and fat free milk prior to cooking up some eggs cause I wake up starving. I eat at least 5-6 whole meals a day plus 3 shakes.. I will say this, some nights I can sleep for at least 5 hours without waking to eat as long as I have a big casein shake before bed. But never a night without food..

I myself have been doing the same thing for almost a month now since starting a bulk running adrol and deca and sust. I wake up after 3-4 almost every night to eat and sometimes wake up a few hours later to eat again. Since I already get up 2 times a night to piss, my mind tells me since you up eat.. I wish I didn't get up to eat a meal; however, its a habit now I can't break it. Currently I'm 5'9 185 8% BF, I have a fast metabolism and am lean so its super hard to bulk, no matter what I eat. And for me yes I still wake up in the morning to eat greek yogurt and fat free milk prior to cooking up some eggs cause I wake up starving. I eat at least 5-6 whole meals a day plus 3 shakes.. I will say this, some nights I can sleep for at least 5 hours without waking to eat as long as I have a big casein shake before bed. But never a night without food..

Wish I had this problem

I definetly do this every night and it gets worse when I drop my carbs for the day. I usually get up and hit a couple tablspoons of natural PB drink a few cups of allwhites egg whites or just drink a Sprite zero to knock out the hunger.

My middle of the night meal is 6 cups of chex (or 8 cups of rice crispies), 45g protein from a whey/casein blend, 9oz Greek yogurt, 10oz of kefir and after heavy leg days I add 1.5 cups of granola or 1.5 cups of jasmine rice. When I get up, I am legit hungry as well

I'm still around 7.5% body fat and I eat 600-750 kcals every 2.5 hours during the day. Yeah, it's a lot of damn food but I have a fast metabolism and have a goal of adding 15lbs of muscle in 18 months

Last edited:
I wish I could eat like that MentalFlex!

Eating during the night isn't bad at all. If you're hungry, and you're trying to gain muscle, EAT. Jusr be careful of the energy macros, especially carbs.

Mental can eat cereal because his metabolic rate can burn it off. I stick to Greek yogurt + whey + PB before bed. I'll make a shake midway though the night if I feel the need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would anybody do that!!??? Your body is repairing itself from intense training during sleep and you're re-routing all that blood into your digestive process. Let your sleep cycle do what it does best without interrupting it with another task which is not meant to be!!

My middle of the night meal is 6 cups of chex (or 8 cups of rice crispies), 45g protein from a whey/casein blend, 9oz Greek yogurt, 10oz of kefir and after heavy leg days I add 1.5 cups of granola or 1.5 cups of jasmine rice. When I get up, I am legit hungry as well

I'm still around 7.5% body fat and I eat 600-750 kcals every 2.5 hours during the day. Yeah, it's a lot of damn food but I have a fast metabolism and have a goal of adding 15lbs of muscle in 18 months

:eek:Was that a typo?

:eek:Was that a typo?

Nah, that's the straight truth... Our grocery bill is outrageous. I'm actually going to cut out the middle of the night chex and eat oats or something because 1 box lasts about a day and a half lol

I wish I could eat like that MentalFlex!

Eating during the night isn't bad at all. If you're hungry, and you're trying to gain muscle, EAT. Jusr be careful of the energy macros, especially carbs.

Mental can eat cereal because his metabolic rate can burn it off. I stick to Greek yogurt + whey + PB before bed. I'll make a shake midway though the night if I feel the need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It as blessing and curse... on one hard it is great for dieting, on the other, it sucks gaining weight. I get sick of eating.

Big Dave, I also train at night, so eating this meal isn't terrible because it continues to facilitate recovery.

I almost feel like my body is telling me something because some nights, if I don't have a big carb meal I won't be able to sleep. but on off nights I seem to sleep fine with just a few carbs and more proteins and fat, something like 2 slices Ezekiel bread, 2 tbsp PB, a protein shake and some greek yogurt.

If I sense I'm hungry for something, I feel it is for a reason. I'm not talking chocolate or ice cream, but if I and hungry for something filled with carbs or feel like my body isn't full or I don't have energy, I add some carbs. if I am restless, I eat carbs (serotonin release)...and so on... I'm not saying I know my body that well, just try to follow cues and use historical data to adjust eating patterns to ensure I am productive during the day, can kill it in the gym and recover from training

If I do I find it next to impossible to lose fat.

Why would anybody do that!!??? Your body is repairing itself from intense training during sleep and you're re-routing all that blood into your digestive process. Let your sleep cycle do what it does best without interrupting it with another task which is not meant to be!!

I tend to agree with this. Unless I wake up real hungry and need a little food to get back to sleep. If cutting I'll just man up and put up with it though

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

i've had the problem since i was a teenager, its always something quick as i want to get back to bed, usually a spoonful or two of natty pb

but i also use power chews bcaa or glutamine...not a meal but i find the size of the meal doesn't matter, its the fact that i need to eat something or i won't fall back to sleep...for sweet tooth nights i have found greek yogurt creamsicles? popsicles? i don't know what you call them but they work like magic too

who here actually eats a whole food meal in the middle of the night?

I have gotten into a bad habit (Which i absolutely love) of eating a whole food meal (sometimes even 2 meals) throughout the night - but without a doubt, is one my favourite meals of the day.

i take a cooler/esky to bed with me with chicken + cottage cheese + homemade protein bar + sometimes some fruit + carrots

i usually eat some whenever i wake up (i.e. just roll over and reach for the cooler!)

i know it is weird and not normal, but i get so darn hungry throughout the night

I used to do this when I slept more but now I only get 5 hrs or so I dont want to wake up and disturb that.

Consistently I use to do it all the time weatheth it be a protein shake with a few scoops,or egg whites with a few slices of whole wheat bread,or the famous cottage cheese since I know a ton of members eat that stuff.But lately maybe 2 or 3 days during the week now a days a shake with a few scopes of protein.Soon I'll start having my meals back to normal where I'll have a complete meal.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws