advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Elbow/Shoulder Pain - Work Thru or Rest?

showstopper83

Registered
Took about 6 weeks off lifting due to stuff going on in personal life, first work-out back I was having a ton of discomfort in both my elbows and shoulders to where I couldn't even get through my warm-up set.

Should I just use some icy-hot and ibuprofen to deal with the pain and keep going? Or is it something I need to take more seriously than that?

Already lost more than I wanted to not working out for a month and a half, don't want to fall into a deeper hole. Thanks.

more info

Hey bro, I'm a nurse practitioner specializing in sports medicine so I can possibly give you some advice but need more info. Like is pain completely new? Any previous injuries or nagging pain? Where exactly is pain in joint, what movements make worse. Could be simple tendinitis which is typically caused by "overuse abuse", or could be other more serious things like arthritis, rotator cuff injuries, etc.
P.S. any advice given is only for educational purposes and does not take the place of a doctor's exam/advice

Hey bro, I'm a nurse practitioner specializing in sports medicine so I can possibly give you some advice but need more info. Like is pain completely new? Any previous injuries or nagging pain? Where exactly is pain in joint, what movements make worse. Could be simple tendinitis which is typically caused by "overuse abuse", or could be other more serious things like arthritis, rotator cuff injuries, etc.
P.S. any advice given is only for educational purposes and does not take the place of a doctor's exam/advice

Hey, thanks man. A good friend of mine has a kinesiology degree and worked for years as a physical therapists assistant and he couldn't really give me a straight answer.

No previous "injuries". The pain in my elbows is more joint/tendon related, I feel it on contractions doing bicep curls or on the lowering portion of bench and military press.

The shoulder pain is I wanna say in my AC joint, it sprang up new and didn't bother me during my last work-out.

Obviously, a proper evaluation and the appropriate rest and rehab is ideal, but if you're the type that just can't take much time off from the gym (like myself), low-dose deca and GHRP2 + Mod GR 1-29 (plus stretching and more warmup) helped fix some persistent joint/tendon pain in my elbow without easing up on training.

Took about 6 weeks off lifting due to stuff going on in personal life, first work-out back I was having a ton of discomfort in both my elbows and shoulders to where I couldn't even get through my warm-up set.

Should I just use some icy-hot and ibuprofen to deal with the pain and keep going? Or is it something I need to take more seriously than that?

Already lost more than I wanted to not working out for a month and a half, don't want to fall into a deeper hole. Thanks.

I've posted about my injuries before. I actually hard horrible shoulder and elbow problems, took time off but healing was horrible so I kept training, just got worse:banghead:. That's until I discovered ostarine (mk), this stuff really helped my joints. I felt like a new man. No BS.

I've posted about my injuries before. I actually hard horrible shoulder and elbow problems, took time off but healing was horrible so I kept training, just got worse:banghead:. That's until I discovered ostarine (mk), this stuff really helped my joints. I felt like a new man. No BS.

That's 100% correct in my opinion. Ostarine has helped me considerably in the past with many minor injuries and ailments, as well as problems with connective tissues and pain in those areas. It's made a believer out of me for its healing properties

ostarine works great.. I would recommend running a light AI with it though.

osta,hgh and peptides seem to help aid healing but sometimes the best thing to do is take some time off also.If you keep training you can set yourself back quite a bit.

How about a simple massage of the infraspinatus, pectoralis, pronator teres, tricep, with some trigger point therapy. These can refer pain from elbow to shoulder and visa versa. Look on you tube to identify and treat each point.

Idk what you do for warm up sets. But warmig up for me, is 8 minutes in the tred at a fast walk pace. Then I stretch and warm up for about 5 minutes with 5lb plate in each hand. Lateral shoulder raises. Front raises. Bi curling and tri extensions over my head. I do a few lat pulldowns. Few leg extensions. Ham curls. Just on light setting. Things like that. All natural movements. Then I go do a few warm up sets for the muscle im traing that day, then hit it. I'm huge into warming up. Your body is a machine. You need to get every part of it firing properly together to get it at optimal performance. And any time I've had pain, I've stopped working out that muscle and took time to look into it. It's hard not to say, screw or and just work through it. But you stand a good chance at damaging it more, and then being forced to take time away from gym for surgery or recovey.

Watch out for a cuff injury I am in the process of recovering from such in my left delt and it is NOT fun. I've lost some mass in my left delt, arm and pec but I was expecting that. My dr said stop all training for 30 days and see a physiotherapist. I did the second but of course I just could not stop training. I kept working out with dumbbells and hammer machines, very light on the left side since I lost 90% of my strength anyways... I have recovered probably 30% of my strength and muscle mass, but still working on it

Good luck and be careful... and forget about ibuprofen, that shit is poison to your kidneys!

Did you quit lifting at the end of a cycle?

Same thing happened with my arm and I took a month off and eased back in slowly and it's never bothered me since. It was at the point I almost had to cry myself to sleep after workout

Did you quit lifting at the end of a cycle?

No... I have been on for about 16 months or so...

Was sitting at 5'10, 217 lbs and ~11.5% bf early/mid January... found out my gf has a malignant brain tumor with a bleak survival rate, and my world crumbled for a bit.

Over the following 6 weeks, my eating habits took a dive (not eating enough, protein/carb ratio not where it should have been) and didn't work out.

I kept on 500mg test/900mg EQ through the first 2 weeks, then just dropped down to 250mg test and 450mg EQ the next 4 since I figured I wasn't going to be lifting anyways.

So I never came off, just took about a month and a half off lifting.

So... I started taking a Glucosimine/MSM/Chondriotin Sulfate mix about a week ago and the aches and pains are getting less and less and almost gone.

Stuff has worked like a charm for me in the past, and kicks in surprisingly quick for me. Maybe it's because I never take anything for pain management or use straps, the effect is more pronounced.

Idk, but I'm cool. Thanks for the input, guys.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws