over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Roman Fritz approach to rest day

JaredLinez

Registered
Newbies
I was very surprised to see on his rest day video Roman only had a single meal. I have never seen an athlete of his level actively competing integrating fasting. I was curious on others thoughts to this approach of giving digestion a rest like this

I saw a recent podcast where he said he really let's his GI rest off season. Maybe he is trying to ward off GI issues.

When I was at my biggest, this was the approach I took. Every Sunday I would basically fast until around 7-8pm and finish the day with a moderate sized meal. Sometimes I would skip that too and move straight to bed. I just felt way better doing this.

I think in hindsight I could have structured my diet better, had I known then what I do now. More reliance on healthy fats, and moderate fiber intake, alongside more of a regular reliance on the same handful of foods (I was a little too into the IIFYM stuff back then) which I think helps the stomach cope with the food digestion.

In Roman' case I'm sure he knows what he's doing diet wise, but it's just the sheer quantity of food he needs to eat. I can understand why he chooses this approach and I think it's very healthy and on balance not too damaging for his long term lifting progression. The guy looks great.

I like Roman. He gets it. You can't keep blowing out your guts all the time for years on end with mass volumes of food and hope to keep a tight, trim, and controllable waistline. Fasting is a great idea 👍🏾

He seems to eat far more calories than most pros do to fuel his 2x a day very long sessions, so i can see him giving his gut a break. May not work as well for people that train and eat different then him.

I know Nick walker and Derek Lunsford were also discussing how 1 day per week they eat very light to give their GI a break. I have been doing the same for awhile and I feel it really helps. I don’t go as low as Roman does but I drop from 6 feedings down to 3 on my “off” day as it makes me feel recharged and i can start the week off with a strong appetite.

I like Roman. He gets it. You can't keep blowing out your guts all the time for years on end with mass volumes of food and hope to keep a tight, trim, and controllable waistline. Fasting is a great idea 👍🏾
I like him as well. The only person I enjoy watching to be honest. He works hard on vacuums as well. Has an amazing physique IMO...

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws