over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Roman Fritz carb up and show day

look at how jay cutler trained, just chasing the pump with reasonable weights not too light not too heavy. Or what nick walker is doing now with lighter weights and more focus on the mind muscle connection.

By the way @luki7788 from your experience whats your opinion on giant sets? Doing 3 exercises or more back to back no rest milos sarcev style
I honestly don't like it - I'm so tired that I can't really feel my muscles, I just concentrate on finishing the set - it's not very effective for me

High volume will humble you. You take the same grit and mental effort and focus you put into training heavy with less sets and reps.

Then you apply it to higher reps and more sets across more exercises. Trust me, it will feel heavy and be a new level of hard hence why it’s effective and guys alternate.
But training progressive overload, feels so easy to me.... You push hard to failure 2 sets (top set and back off) then change exercise.

I can't do the same for example on a 5x sets of the same exercise, I should leave some reps behind.....

But training progressive overload, feels so easy to me.... You push hard to failure 2 sets (top set and back off) then change exercise.

I can't do the same for example on a 5x sets of the same exercise, I should leave some reps behind.....
Man, do you even understand what progressive overload means??? lol it's not just about constantly adding weight to the bar or doing more repetitions with the same weight - I did e.g. bench press 4x210kg, dead lift 5x320kg, barbell row 10x220kg - how could I still lift more weight in such a situation?? ok maybe I could but how dangerous would it become and how high would the risk of injury be?

"Shuttle the nutrients"
"maximize the storage"

LOL :)

Man, do you even understand what progressive overload means??? lol it's not just about constantly adding weight to the bar or doing more repetitions with the same weight - I did e.g. bench press 4x210kg, dead lift 5x320kg, barbell row 10x220kg - how could I still lift more weight in such a situation?? ok maybe I could but how dangerous would it become and how high would the risk of injury be?
Thank you. You saved me a post! What he said perfectly. 👆🏻

I think jaxino meant the concept of progressive overload is easy to understand where as the concept of volume workout is different from a person to another. For example jay cutler said his training sessions were like 45 minutes, sometimes he did 2 a days. While Arnold was known to train 3 plus hours a day 6 days a week.

I think jaxino meant the concept of progressive overload is easy to understand where as the concept of volume workout is different from a person to another. For example jay cutler said his training sessions were like 45 minutes, sometimes he did 2 a days. While Arnold was known to train 3 plus hours a day 6 days a week.
I wouldn't take Jay's words literally. You can't do any training with weights for 45 minutes - the basic warm-up itself takes at least 20-25 minutes - so Jay may have only counted the time it took to complete the sets, not the entire length of the training.

By the way @luki7788 from your experience whats your opinion on giant sets? Doing 3 exercises or more back to back no rest milos sarcev style
Giant sets
Two good uses
1. Precontest when you can use these and keep a higher heart rate and burn more calories during a training period which enables you to keep cardio to a minimum
2. Offseason during a growth phase utilizing insulin for a fascia stretching pump like FST7, and also to give your joints a slight break for a while from heavy progressive training

His fluid intake -3 gallons for non-metric folks - isn't that crazy for his size.

About 2 years ago when I was around 285lbs. I tracked my fluid intake for the day - water, coffee, protein shakes, sodas, intraworkout, everything - and it came out to 2.8 gallons.

When you're consuming that many carbs fluid intake has to be up there if you want to maximize glycogen since glycogen is a 3:1 ratio of water:carbs.
His fluid intake -3 gallons for non-metric folks - isn't that crazy for his size.

About 2 years ago when I was around 285lbs. I tracked my fluid intake for the day - water, coffee, protein shakes, sodas, intraworkout, everything - and it came out to 2.8 gallons.

When you're consuming that many carbs fluid intake has to be up there if you want to maximize glycogen since glycogen is a 3:1 ratio of water:carbs.
How do you keep yourself from flushing all electrolytes at that intake?

I’ve tried pushing 2+ gallons but even with 6g sodium I ended up feeling more flat from pissing out all my fluids

I’ve tried pushing 2+ gallons but even with 6g sodium I ended up feeling more flat from pissing out all my fluids
I don't know, I've never tracked electrolyte or sodium consumption.

I season pretty much everything I eat with Tony Cachere's or salt and pepper. I do 28oz. of Gatorade or Powerade in my intraworkout and occasionally drink another before bed. Besides that I don't do anything special.

Fats and proteins apparently helps in retaining fluids, which is why skim milk appears to be the best hydrating drink. But sugars seem to be the most important thing in rehydrating drinks, at least that's what some electrolyte sellers say, even though they have their "diet versions." Gatorade, or Pedialyte contain sugar. A splash of glycerol might help a little too, I just find it sickly sweet. I just mixed a drink with electrolytes, tiny bit of glycerol, a tiny bit of creatine and betaine and taurine for the "osmoregulating" and cell swelling/water retaining effects. Maybe 10 grams of dextrose for 16oz. And oh yeah, just a couple of grams of EAA (so it doesn't ruin the taste of this "light drink").

I tried the glycerol preload, 100 grams of glycerol and 70oz of water, salt, some carbs, a little protein or aminos. Man it was tough to drink that day even over 90 minutes or so. I also drank a couple of glasses of milk in between. I did weigh like 5lbs more than usual during the workout, I think it is supposed to retain a couple of kilos of extra fluid. The idea was/is that you almost couldn't get dehydrated because you had this reserve in you even before the workout or race. They say once you get thirsty you are already dehydrated.

How about that Jake Paul (whatever his name is) and his Prime Electrolyte drink? When I saw the price I just had to laugh, and laugh even more when I saw the pathetic label. But supposedly it has sold like crazy.

Attachments

• 1.-IG-5.png
    1.-IG-5.png
    203.4 KB · Views: 9
I don't know, I've never tracked electrolyte or sodium consumption.

I season pretty much everything I eat with Tony Cachere's or salt and pepper. I do 28oz. of Gatorade or Powerade in my intraworkout and occasionally drink another before bed. Besides that I don't do anything special.
Do you do daily cardio/sweat a decent amount? Or are you pretty sedentary?

For me it's quite easy, if I cut down on salt I start to feel weak and dizzy, some people seem to do well on low salt.

So, I'm going to drink a lot of water, eat some vegetables and generous salt in every meal. I supplement with magnesium and have salt in my workout water, and that's it.

You can do moderate high volume and use progressive overload. Not that complicated.

Topset backoff leg press: 6 plates per
Sidex 14….backoff…5PPs for 14

Move to moderate volume progression:

5pps…4x10. The next week do 5p+10s for 4x10, or try 5PPs again and get 11,11,10,10

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws