over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Roman Fritz offseason plan - nutrition

This is a good point and for most of us, this is how we should guide our training. Keep in mind though you don't need a lot to drive sarcoplasmic hypertophy. I had a long conversation with Dexter Jackson about this who was remarkably familiar with the science. We are all chronic lifters beyond MND size limit and not to mention we have the repeated bout effect to deal with...so...take drugs, get a pump, eat carbs. Dexter is the best example (well phil too). Are either of them really adding any myofibrils? Yeah...probably some as this concept isn't mutually exclusive...but overall we are just hitting the nail of sarcoplasmic hypertrophy over and over and over and to do that there is really no need at all for training with crazy weights.
That’s a very good point tbf

Genetics and personal training preference aside

You could pick 2 guys at the top level (so their genetics should be somewhat similar)

And one may train super heavy HIT style and the other like Dexter or Phil for example which again strengthens the argument that the style of training is somewhat irrelevant along with excessively heavy progressive overload as long as you’re hitting the muscle with intensity

That’s a very good point tbf

Genetics and personal training preference aside

You could pick 2 guys at the top level (so their genetics should be somewhat similar)

And one may train super heavy HIT style and the other like Dexter or Phil for example which again strengthens the argument that the style of training is somewhat irrelevant along with excessively heavy progressive overload as long as you’re hitting the muscle with intensity

Another factor about Roman' training and also the majority of guys who train like Dexter/Phil etc is that they generally train more often, and with more volume than the HIT counterparts.

Roman is probably one of the few IFBB athletes who trains 12 times a week, 6 days a week twice a day. Personally I think that's fkin awesome but it's a rarity and if someone is training with the intensity of Yates that would for sure preclude training every day never mind twice a day.

Not saying one way or the other is better, in my time I've done both, just an observation.

Another factor about Roman' training and also the majority of guys who train like Dexter/Phil etc is that they generally train more often, and with more volume than the HIT counterparts.

Roman is probably one of the few IFBB athletes who trains 12 times a week, 6 days a week twice a day. Personally I think that's fkin awesome but it's a rarity and if someone is training with the intensity of Yates that would for sure preclude training every day never mind twice a day.

Not saying one way or the other is better, in my time I've done both, just an observation.
This is true and from personal experience if I train my muscles close to and to failure I can train everything twice a week with a decent amount of volume (circa 20 sets for everything over the whole week) but if I train and hammer my CNS with things like mega heavy deadlifts, squats or compounds in general my joints and stuff just can’t recover

on the left I bench press 80-120kg for sets - on the right I used to bench press 180-220kg for reps

that's all from me on this topic😅
@luki7788 honest question...in the picture on the right did you think your arms were small?

I think they looked pretty damn good 👍🏿

Bro, honestly, I don't care what anyone thinks about me or my arms - if I cared about other people's opinions, I would be a very unhappy person
Definitely a prudent way of thinking

@luki7788 honest question...in the picture on the right did you think your arms were small?

Legs looked better as well without the SEO. I’ll just never understand why people are so hell bent on using SEO’s with all the negative attention they draw. Unless used really sparingly they do nothing but massively detract from a physique.

This is true and from personal experience if I train my muscles close to and to failure I can train everything twice a week with a decent amount of volume (circa 20 sets for everything over the whole week) but if I train and hammer my CNS with things like mega heavy deadlifts, squats or compounds in general my joints and stuff just can’t recover

Hypothetically if you were a top IFBB pro and had the time to train like Roman and Cutler, twice a day with cardio, would you be prepared to pull back on the mega heavy stuff?

I know what you mean but no, I didn't think the arms were small but when it comes to SEO and arms it was an experiment that went wrong, I explained it many times

Roman is just a very gifted athlete. And it is nice to see that he is putting his gift to hard work, he goes really all-in and doesn't half-ass anything, be it nutrition, drugs or training.

I would bet that even most Top 10 Mr.O Bodybuilders wouldn't be able to train like him, much alone eat like him. His cutting diet has more calories than my bulks lol.

This is a good point and for most of us, this is how we should guide our training. Keep in mind though you don't need a lot to drive sarcoplasmic hypertophy. I had a long conversation with Dexter Jackson about this who was remarkably familiar with the science. We are all chronic lifters beyond MND size limit and not to mention we have the repeated bout effect to deal with...so...take drugs, get a pump, eat carbs. Dexter is the best example (well phil too). Are either of them really adding any myofibrils? Yeah...probably some as this concept isn't mutually exclusive...but overall we are just hitting the nail of sarcoplasmic hypertrophy over and over and over and to do that there is really no need at all for training with crazy weights.
I agree - this is why many bodybuilders lose size so quickly whenever they have a break, injury, or even a lighter period after the season.

For example, powerlifters can go several weeks without training and lose very little

Hypothetically if you were a top IFBB pro and had the time to train like Roman and Cutler, twice a day with cardio, would you be prepared to pull back on the mega heavy stuff?
Honestly if that was going to give me
The best results then definitely. I’m at the point in my training now that I have no emotional or ego attachment to it I just want to do whatever will give me the best results and increase whatever chances I may have competitively

Honestly if that was going to give me
The best results then definitely. I’m at the point in my training now that I have no emotional or ego attachment to it I just want to do whatever will give me the best results and increase whatever chances I may have competitively

Yeah I guess it would have to be something to try in the circumstance.

I don't know what I would do, just a hypothetical I thought I'd throw out.

to add, he also uploaded his gear blueprint:
quite moderate for what he has done in the past but i guess he starts low after his surgery since he is not back to 100%

to add, he also uploaded his gear blueprint:
quite moderate for what he has done in the past but i guess he starts low after his surgery since he is not back to 100%
there is absolutely no point in starting with peak doses, just gradually build everything up in the same way as with the amount of calories - it's exactly the same and there is no difference here

there is absolutely no point in starting with peak doses, just gradually build everything up in the same way as with the amount of calories - it's exactly the same and there is no difference here
yeah but i was surprised about the slin dosage since he is a huge fan of it and 2x5 iu is..well.. very very low :)
i know he wont stay at those dosages but i would not have thought he starts out that low

Do you use the same method in contest prep? Gradually build the doses as the prep goes on?

yeah but i was surprised about the slin dosage since he is a huge fan of it and 2x5 iu is..well.. very very low :)
i know he wont stay at those dosages but i would not have thought he starts out that low
It explains in the video why it starts low. Waiting for the AS to be in full force in a few weeks... that is if my English is good 😊

Roman is doing the offseason - and in the contest prep you enter the offseason with peak doses so it looks different, but yes - you start low right after the competition
Yeah I see what you mean for off-season. But, let’s say you’re going from off-season /cruise into a prep ? Sorry if I’m not making sense . Basically let’s say you’re doing a 20 week prep would you come out of the gate at peak doses (not including orals) or do you still prefer to build up the doses over the 20’weeks ?

It explains in the video why it starts low. Waiting for the AS to be in full force in a few weeks... that is if my English is good 😊
yeah, saw it.. he explained it later in the video. Ive posted it before ive completely watched it.. rookie mistake :D

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131