over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Roman Fritz carb up and show day

You complain about having to pee a lot, imagine if you were a female bodybuilder who also consumes tons of water. Yes, it's hateful to go to the toilet so many times a day, but we men can still pee standing up and almost anywhere.

You complain about having to pee a lot, imagine if you were a female bodybuilder who also consumes tons of water. Yes, it's hateful to go to the toilet so many times a day, but we men can still pee standing up and almost anywhere.
Imagine if you were a female bodybuilder who consumes tons of water and also has cystitis.
Yeah, it can always go worse.

Hope this question doesn’t come off as hating, but does anyone have insight into why he trains so light? On legs I see him doing 2 plates on the hack, like 50lbs on lat pulldowns, etc
Is he just doing so much volume? I get that he’s focusing extremely hard on contracting the muscle but for his size he’s using extremely light weights, the lightest I’ve ever seen someone train. Has this ever been discussed by him? Maybe I’m missing something

Not hating it just seems interesting and unusual

Lots of respect for this guy though, I only came across him recently from the Chase Irons podcast and I’m enjoying his content.
He honestly has my goal physique

Hope this question doesn’t come off as hating, but does anyone have insight into why he trains so light? On legs I see him doing 2 plates on the hack, like 50lbs on lat pulldowns, etc
Is he just doing so much volume? I get that he’s focusing extremely hard on contracting the muscle but for his size he’s using extremely light weights, the lightest I’ve ever seen someone train. Has this ever been discussed by him? Maybe I’m missing something

Lots of respect for this guy though, I only came across him recently from the Chase Irons podcast and I’m enjoying his content.

He doesn't train heavy but he definitely doesn't train light. Well he has recently but in those sets he is using perfect form, slow and controlled reps and often higher rep sets as well. He could definitely do double the weight on that Cybex Hack Squat video you are referring to but it would only go against him. I do the same on certain leg machines (mainly just squat variations) now because I know more weight will definitely cause more bad than good for me. Don't forget he had total hip replacement surgery as well so he has to be extra careful now especially as he gets close to shows. I have seen him do 5pps barbell squats with perfect form in the past. His squatting is actually a thing of beauty. He definitely isn't one to push weight but he is very strong and has lifted heavy in the past. On top of everything he also does ridiculous volume so those sets he does to failure he often does 5 working sets for every exercise so it adds up and will affect the load in can do.

As others have posted in the past the reason he can't grow more is 100% his crazy training volume. His actual training is great he just need to half it and he will grow more. As Luki posted he doesn't care and he loves training and he has certain mental issues going on so he will continue to train in that way even if he knows he would do better at shows not training as much.

Obviously training as heavy as possible with the same form is only going to benefit most people. That should be a goal for everyone over time... to get as strong as possible with great form. Although I bet many (not all) guys who do say 5-6 pps on a cybex hack squat they don't feel things like he does. Watch his form and how he executes each rep and try the same weight and try and do 20 reps like that. I have done 10pps on many hacks for 10+ reps and done 14pps on leg presses and I got my legs looking much better doing half the weight but really focusing on the quality of each rep. Plus my form was never sloppy and it was controlled but the connection wasn't there. I still train brutally hard I just don't load up every machine as much as possible and destroy my joints in the process.

I agree his physique is class. Now and in the past. I remember seeing something he done for animal years ago and at the time he had the perfect physique to me. Well he still does because he is even bigger and just as lean. Definitely one of those guys who looks bigger in person as well.

You'll probably enjoy all of his old Animal videos.

He doesn't train heavy but he definitely doesn't train light. Well he has recently but in those sets he is using perfect form, slow and controlled reps and often higher rep sets as well. He could definitely do double the weight on that Cybex Hack Squat video you are referring to but it would only go against him. I do the same on certain leg machines (mainly just squat variations) now because I know more weight will definitely cause more bad than good for me. Don't forget he had total hip replacement surgery as well so he has to be extra careful now especially as he gets close to shows. I have seen him do 5pps barbell squats with perfect form in the past. His squatting is actually a thing of beauty. He definitely isn't one to push weight but he is very strong and has lifted heavy in the past. On top of everything he also does ridiculous volume so those sets he does to failure he often does 5 working sets for every exercise so it adds up and will affect the load in can do.

As others have posted in the past the reason he can't grow more is 100% his crazy training volume. His actual training is great he just need to half it and he will grow more. As Luki posted he doesn't care and he loves training and he has certain mental issues going on so he will continue to train in that way even if he knows he would do better at shows not training as much.

Obviously training as heavy as possible with the same form is only going to benefit most people. That should be a goal for everyone over time... to get as strong as possible with great form. Although I bet many (not all) guys who do say 5-6 pps on a cybex hack squat they don't feel things like he does. Watch his form and how he executes each rep and try the same weight and try and do 20 reps like that. I have done 10pps on many hacks for 10+ reps and done 14pps on leg presses and I got my legs looking much better doing half the weight but really focusing on the quality of each rep. Plus my form was never sloppy and it was controlled but the connection wasn't there. I still train brutally hard I just don't load up every machine as much as possible and destroy my joints in the process.

I agree his physique is class. Now and in the past. I remember seeing something he done for animal years ago and at the time he had the perfect physique to me. Well he still does because he is even bigger and just as lean. Definitely one of those guys who looks bigger in person as well.
There's also his hip that was replaced twice which I'm sure has conscious and unconscious influence on how he trains.

A friend who is intelligent and was always a straight shooter with me, claimed he carbed up on 4500 GRAMS of carbs in like 36 hours! I said impossible but he was adamant. Said his mouth was so dry he couldn't even open it. His coach is crazy though, like 2 jars of peanut butter night before for himself, just over the top. My friend said it was tons of candy too and something called "almond pulp" according to google translate. Just sugar and fat.

luki also said there was an element of being "maxed." I take that to mean he's already done most everything regarding food, supps etc. I might be totally misunderstanding but Jordan Peters said he is so close to having maxed his strength so in a situation like that you can only increase volume to continue to grow? Am I butchering his stance?

luki also said there was an element of being "maxed." I take that to mean he's already done most everything regarding food, supps etc. I might be totally misunderstanding but Jordan Peters said he is so close to having maxed his strength so in a situation like that you can only increase volume to continue to grow? Am I butchering his stance?
you don't have to increase strength to continue hypertrophy - I used to not believe in it either but I myself have become the best proof of it and even though today I use 60-80% of the weight I used in the past and I have much more muscle mass back then

you don't have to increase strength to continue hypertrophy - I used to not believe in it either but I myself have become the best proof of it and even though today I use 60-80% of the weight I used in the past and I have much more muscle mass back then
Same. "Progressive Overload" does not necessarily mean more plates on the bar. Not for the very advanced individual at least.

Did you decide to start training lighter or were you forced to?

I know some bodybuilders who say they are now in fact weaker than they were natural but it's not usually quite true. Depends on how you measure strength. Usually a bigger muscle is a stronger muscle ("strength directly related to cross sectional area"). It's just that they don't want to display strength anymore so they change the techniques slightly, tempo, speed of execution, technique, whatever, which forces the drop.
But if they WANTED to the COULD decimate their natural strength LOL. It's impossible for a muscle double in size and then be weaker? Displaying strength and having muscle strength are two different things. Paul Dillet wasn't so weak he could hardly lift 20lbs laterals LOL. He didn't want to I think.

I remember you had lost a lot on inclines but I don't remember the cause you said.

I know some bodybuilders who say they are now in fact weaker than they were natural but it's not usually quite true. Depends on how you measure strength. Usually a bigger muscle is a stronger muscle ("strength directly related to cross sectional area"). It's just that they don't want to display strength anymore so they change the techniques slightly, tempo, speed of execution, technique, whatever, which forces the drop.
But if they WANTED to the COULD decimate their natural strength LOL. It's impossible for a muscle double in size and then be weaker? Displaying strength and having muscle strength are two different things. Paul Dillet wasn't so weak he could hardly lift 20lbs laterals LOL. He didn't want to I think.

I remember you had lost a lot on inclines but I don't remember the cause you said.
I think there is a lot of truth in what you write - I come from powerlifting, so when I was younger I trained myself to lift as much as I could, even when I was only doing bodybuilding, so, for example, during the bench press I adopted the appropriate position on the bench, I used a lot of leg drive, I used a fast pace of exercises e.t.c.
When I started getting older and had more and more minor or major injuries, I didn't want to injure myself anymore, so I started training in which I control each repetition, I control the negative phase, and during the positive phase, I don't just try to lift the weight, but rather tense a given muscle - so I think that you are right, and if I went back to the way I used to train, I would probably be able to lift heavier weights than ever before

Exactly. As I’ve taken the approach of getting the most out of the least weight (through tempo, execution, tension, etc) my gains have been better and I have had 0 injuries. And it makes sense as a bodybuilder, as it ensures we are really stimulating and targeting our muscles versus muscle fucking a movement to move more weight. It also allows me to push volume as I’m less fried from trying to move heavier weights.

But we still see a lot of Pros using progressive overload almost all their career and growing great....

For me for example going back to high volume it will be an issue, I have no idea on how to build an high volume workout....

look at how jay cutler trained, just chasing the pump with reasonable weights not too light not too heavy. Or what nick walker is doing now with lighter weights and more focus on the mind muscle connection.

By the way @luki7788 from your experience whats your opinion on giant sets? Doing 3 exercises or more back to back no rest milos sarcev style

But we still see a lot of Pros using progressive overload almost all their career and growing great....

For me for example going back to high volume it will be an issue, I have no idea on how to build an high volume workout....
You do more volume. It’s not that complicated? If you are interested in me looking at your training feel free to PM.

And yes, there are many pros doing progressive overload. You can still have overloading movements (while not sacrificing the execution that forced you to lower the weight) and do high volume.

High volume will humble you. You take the same grit and mental effort and focus you put into training heavy with less sets and reps.

Then you apply it to higher reps and more sets across more exercises. Trust me, it will feel heavy and be a new level of hard hence why it’s effective and guys alternate.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity