over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Frank "the chemist" Zane

I appreciate his aesthetics but I was never a huge fan. He did have an amazing physique it's just not my preference when it comes to BB

So so ahead of his times .I wonder if hany perhaps found this at some stage as a..... shall we say little inspiring before coming up with FST-7 ! LOL

Attachments

• 1441668680986.jpg
    1441668680986.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 910
I met Frank Zane (cool name) early in the 70’s at Golds Gym when it was on Pacific Ave.
in Venice Beach, CA. While we were never on a first name basis, I have watched him
train and talked with him now and again. nothing personal, just neophyte training Q’s.

If memory serves (this is all here-say and not my style) he supposedly had an issue
with Ken Sprague (the then owner or Golds Gym) charging him a ‘membership fee' while
others such as Arnold or Franco, paid nothing. Ego or a lack there of . . . made him
move on. But some of the greatest physique photographs of him were captured at the
original Gold Gym in Venice Beach, on Pacific Ave., by Artie Zeller (a full timer Postal
employee at the time). The overhead, natural light skylights created the most beautiful,
iconic; easily the reproduced bodybuilding and inspiring images known to mankind.

Again, eventually I did, more than once observe him training at World Gym in Venice
Beach (?) and subsequently attended a paid ‘seminar’ at a hotel conference room very
close to the Oakland Airport in the late 70’ or early 80’s.

What I do remember is he would get lost in a crowd in his street clothes, but when
they came off . . . wow! That to me is most impressive.

I have observed him training (World Gym?) and while here he looked good, his symmetry,
balance and shape was mind boggling. Everything fit together perfectly and was pleasing
to the eye . . . not too much or too little in all regards. A truly beautiful body if there ever
was one . . .

Very few people (men or women) look better the more you undress them. But Frank
was one of those who did. And under stage lighting is where he really came alive,
when he was the most impressive. His physique was must have been ‘designed’ for
stage lighting because it was there there that his star shined the brightest . . .

I met Frank Zane (cool name) early in the 70’s at Golds Gym when it was on Pacific Ave.
in Venice Beach, CA. While we were never on a first name basis, I have watched him
train and talked with him now and again. nothing personal, just neophyte training Q’s.

If memory serves (this is all here-say and not my style) he supposedly had an issue
with Ken Sprague (the then owner or Golds Gym) charging him a ‘membership fee' while
others such as Arnold or Franco, paid nothing. Ego or a lack there of . . . made him
move on. But some of the greatest physique photographs of him were captured at the
original Gold Gym in Venice Beach, on Pacific Ave., by Artie Zeller (a full timer Postal
employee at the time). The overhead, natural light skylights created the most beautiful,
iconic; easily the reproduced bodybuilding and inspiring images known to mankind.

Again, eventually I did, more than once observe him training at World Gym in Venice
Beach (?) and subsequently attended a paid ‘seminar’ at a hotel conference room very

What I do remember is he would get lost in a crowd in his street clothes, but when

I have observed him training (World Gym?) and while here he looked good, his symmetry,
balance and shape was mind boggling. Everything fit together perfectly and was pleasing
to the eye . . . not too much or too little in all regards. A truly beautiful body if there ever
was one . . .

was one of those who did. And under stage lighting is where he really came alive,
stage lighting because it was there there that his star shined the brightest . . .
Awesome read sir
Thanks a lot

Frank Zane 1983 Mr Olympia

Look at Frank's 1983 Mr Olympia on you tube. He was amazing. He may not have been the biggest but he was one of the BEST. His posing is artistry. The man was light years ahead of the sport. Distended abdominals are not aesthetically pleasing, a vacuum pose is.

was one . . .

Yes truly fantastic read. This is why pro muscle is the best board on the internet. Thank u for sharing sir

"The Zane Row" Unique Dumbbell Row Variation Inspired By Frank Zane!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVdQHELETEI"]"The Zane Row" Unique Dumbbell Row Variation Inspired By Frank Zane! - YouTube[/ame]

I think Zane looks great.

Yes him and Sergio were only guys to beat Arnold. I heard Zane used t3 year round for a long , long time, messed his thyroid up, gained 40 lbs super fast, and now on t3 for life. Not trying to be negative , just what Ive read somewhere.

Was he nicknamed the chemist for his gear use or recreational drug use
lol u serious

he was not taking any more then anybody else in his time mate

he was called the chemist as he was way ahead on his knowldege in OTC supps like bcaa and antioxidents what to do to aid recovery etc.

More then anything he made his own formulations and used on himself and in a logical and analytical way documented his stuff same as a chemist does when they work with all sort of molecular structures bonding shit and seeing what it results in going through various processes and formulations.

Everyone back then knew Franks supplement knowledge was way ahead compare to other bbers of his time.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Was he nicknamed the chemist for his gear use or recreational drug use

He had a BS and taught mathematics and chemistry for a long time (later went on and got more degrees in psychology IIRC)...that's why he was the chemist.

And yes, he's definitely smaller than today's standards, but he has a LOT of iconic pictures out there that have stood the test of time. You could place his physique into any time period in history and it'd still impress / be desired IMO.

**broken link removed**

He had a BS and taught mathematics and chemistry for a long time (later went on and got more degrees in psychology IIRC)...that's why he was the chemist.

And yes, he's definitely smaller than today's standards, but he has a LOT of iconic pictures out there that have stood the test of time. You could place his physique into any time period in history and it'd still impress / be desired IMO.

**broken link removed**
Wow, I wonder how many pros today could do that pose? Check out the ribcage and vacuum pose. Cool.

Sent from my P00C using Tapatalk

Zane was good for his time.

Definetly knew how to show off his physique,

Now if only today's bodybuilders would practice posing as much as they eat and train. And lower the dosage on whatever is making these guys get these leathery watery looks. Over carbed or whatever it is.

90's bodybuilders to me still is what I think of when I think the ideal bodybuilding look on stage

One of my favorite physiques

lol u serious

he was not taking any more then anybody else in his time mate

he was called the chemist as he was way ahead on his knowldege in OTC supps like bcaa and antioxidents what to do to aid recovery etc.

More then anything he made his own formulations and used on himself and in a logical and analytical way documented his stuff same as a chemist does when they work with all sort of molecular structures bonding shit and seeing what it results in going through various processes and formulations.

Everyone back then knew Franks supplement knowledge was way ahead compare to other bbers of his time.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk
I always heard he was hippy type and like to expand his mind then read things like this
He was affectionately known as “The Chemist” due to his methodical and analytical approach to enhancement. Frank was also the forerunner of the use of two compounds that were not well known to most bodybuilders at the time. One was T4. Franks realized that the thyroid was the body’s furnace and it forced to burn more fuel a hyped up thyroid resulted in the body using body fat for energy.
That's why I asked because I've heard both

I know this doesn't really add any input to the question asked, but I'll say this. I bet he was and prob still is banging most any chick he wants and isn't/wasn't that most of our motivation for lifting in reality to begin with?

I've said this before I'm not a fan of Zane this is my idea of the perfect physic!

Attachments

• mikementzer4 (1).jpg
    mikementzer4 (1).jpg
    57 KB · Views: 399
I've said this before I'm not a fan of Zane this is my idea of the perfect physic!
Mentzer was one of the greats. Sadly he never got his props.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity