over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

friend going through cancer

lsxmustang

Registered
I have a friend in his mid 50's that just got diagnosed with lung cancer and he will be using the VA . Now his situation is he has lost mass and size over the years and the va has done nothing but put him on a shit ton of pills for every little thing . So my question is what aas would be helpful for him to put some size and weight back on during his treatments ?

I have a friend in his mid 50's that just got diagnosed with lung cancer and he will be using the VA . Now his situation is he has lost mass and size over the years and the va has done nothing but put him on a shit ton of pills for every little thing . So my question is what aas would be helpful for him to put some size and weight back on during his treatments ?

Trying to eat really good while going through treatments will be the best possible thing, the key isn't to gain mass the key is to gain your life back. Don't be a dumbass or stupidity will take you to your grave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is...is this a serious question?

I don't ask bs questions .
In 1994 I watched my dad go through the same cancer and died in 1995 . The radiation made it where he could not eat and had the be fed with a tube . I've read where guys would take test and other aas to help keep weight and strength. Some people juice or drink ensure because it's so hard to swallow . I KNOW I WATCHED MY FATHER GO FROM OK TO NOTHING IN 8 MONTHS !! I was 15 and had no idea how to help or give good advice now that I'm 36 I have the means to help out as much as I can .

Will steroids save his life?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No they won't .. but will it help him keep strength ? Will it help him want to eat ? Like I said above I watched a 185 ld man go to 135 lb in 8 months . Couldn't walk , eat , drink or piss . I know when you go through the treatments you drop weight , energy and a will to live at that point .

I don't ask bs questions .
In 1994 I watched my dad go through the same cancer and died in 1995 . The radiation made it where he could not eat and had the be fed with a tube . I've read where guys would take test and other aas to help keep weight and strength. Some people juice or drink ensure because it's so hard to swallow . I KNOW I WATCHED MY FATHER GO FROM OK TO NOTHING IN 8 MONTHS !! I was 15 and had no idea how to help or give good advice now that I'm 36 I have the means to help out as much as I can .

YOU ASK THIS ON A BB BOARD? If you really care for your friend, have them ask the treating Oncologist.

No one should be taking cancer treatment advice from a bodybuilding board. :banghead:

What stage is the lung cancer?

In this case, pot brownies are the best thing you can get for him to get calories and spike his appetite.

YOU ASK THIS ON A BB BOARD? If you really care for your friend, have them ask the treating Oncologist.

No one should be taking cancer treatment advice from a bodybuilding board. :banghead:

What stage is the lung cancer?

They said the spots are very small so I guess they found it early .

ALso the va really don't even care about a person they ask what's wrong he will tell them a symptom and they give him pills ,it's almost like a experiment. He told me this morning his natural testosterone levels was waaaaaay below normal and he ask them about it and they said that don't matter he will be OK .

They said the spots are very small so I guess they found it early .

ALso the va really don't even care about a person they ask what's wrong he will tell them a symptom and they give him pills ,it's almost like a experiment. He told me this morning his natural testosterone levels was waaaaaay below normal and he ask them about it and they said that don't matter he will be OK .

Find out what stage, so you can better understand both the survival rate and time.

I have had a colleague of mine die within 6 months of diagnosis. Women and men have slightly different survival rates.

You want to know what the stage is and if it is localized. If it has metastasized, it is likely game over. This is true of almost all cancers.

I hope they caught it early and the outcome is good.

Check out this link for more information:

Cancer of the Lung and Bronchus - SEER Stat Fact Sheets

Smoking or eating pot that is high in CBD and mid to low in THC can be great for him. His appetite will increase, nausia will drastically go down, pain relief, and better sleep. If he lives in a state where you can get medical cannibus they have just what I'm taking about in every form you can think of.

Find out what stage, so you can better understand both the survival rate and time.

I have had a colleague of mine die within 6 months of diagnosis. Women and men have slightly different survival rates.

You want to know what the stage is and if it is localized. If it has metastasized, it is likely game over. This is true of almost all cancers.

I hope they caught it early and the outcome is good.

Check out this link for more information:

Cancer of the Lung and Bronchus - SEER Stat Fact Sheets

This.. it's actually almost been a year since my old man died... Broke his femur June 5th gone July 18th....7 weeks...Stage 4... Cancer was everywhere.. Knowing what stage will give you a much better understanding on how to approach it.... IMO AAS should be the farthest thing from his mind....just my .02... wish him the best

Just want to thank everyone for the advice and I'll find out more and share details

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. It can be very difficult to watch someone struggle with an illness and feel helpless. I strongly suggest that your friend, like others have said, consult with the treating physicians. Many people do not understand that when the body is fighting such a strong illness, it does not require the same amount of energy that it once did (ie the person will not be as hungry). It is a mistake to force-feed these people above their specified daily requirements (as determined by their care providers) as their body will not use the nutrients.

The other issue you and your friend need to be aware of is that these medications will cause your friend to be immunocompromised (weakened immune system). If you start providing them with substances that are potentially pathogenic (can cause infection), you could kill your friend.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. It can be very difficult to watch someone struggle with an illness and feel helpless. I strongly suggest that your friend, like others have said, consult with the treating physicians. Many people do not understand that when the body is fighting such a strong illness, it does not require the same amount of energy that it once did (ie the person will not be as hungry). It is a mistake to force-feed these people above their specified daily requirements (as determined by their care providers) as their body will not use the nutrients.

The other issue you and your friend need to be aware of is that these medications will cause your friend to be immunocompromised (weakened immune system). If you start providing them with substances that are potentially pathogenic (can cause infection), you could kill your friend.

You could not be more wrong. I guess you never seen a person waste away from cancer.

Cancer patients have a higher resting energy expenditure and the energy expenditure causes weight loss in cancer patients. Cancer patients do need extra nutrients!

I have personally witnessed my grandfather succumb to cancer and the weight loss, lack of energy, and loss of appetite was unimaginable. Thankfully he passed quickly and suffered little.

I have also seen this in other cancer patients I have known.

You could not be more wrong. I guess you never seen a person waste away from cancer.

Cancer patients have a higher resting energy expenditure and the energy expenditure causes weight loss in cancer patients. Cancer patients do need extra nutrients!

I have personally witnessed my grandfather succumb to cancer and the weight loss, lack of energy, and loss of appetite was unimaginable. Thankfully he passed quickly and suffered little.

I have also seen this in other cancer patients I have known.

ThinkTank, I have seen a person waste away from cancer. After re-reading my post, I see where I may not have been very clear so let me ellaborate on the point in my previous post where you may have had issue with.

"The body does not require the same amount of energy that it once did. It is a mistake to force feed these patients."
When talking about muscle wasting and the accelerated reduction of fat stores in cancer patients, you are referring to cachexia. This is a metabolic disease that cannot be treated by simply increasing food consumption. In fact Dr. Otis Brawley, predecessor to the current chief medical officer of the American Cancer Society, suggests that aggressive efforts can actually increase the risk of infection and death. Cachexia is directly responsible for a very small number of deaths in cancer patients whereas the dysfunction of the immune system is much more likely to cause death.

When the body is fighting cancer, the metabolism is altered and a personalized diet must be implemented for that particular patient depending on a variety of factors (hence my statement concerning an alteration in the body's caloric needs and the need for a specialized plan of care). I agree that cancer patients need nutrients but I still stand by my statement that you cannot force feed them and, above all, you should not be turning toward substances that may increase the risk of infection in a cancer patient without the guidance and supervision of your health care provider.

I think I remember reading a long time ago that Deca had been given to cancer patients to combat muscle loss.

Ok guys I have a update. He had 4 spots total unsure of size but I but him 4 or 5 bags of syntha 6 and gave his wife recipes with penutbutter, yogurt, fruits, egg whites etc due to his esophagus being basically burnt from radiation so this allowed him to drink with ease. As of last month he is cancer free and put on almost 30lbs during all his treatments. So wanna thanks for all the input you guys shared...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131