YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gillette Mach razors vs rlectric shaver for face.

bananas007

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I have used Gillette razors all my life; for shaving my face. I rarely shave to the skin anymore; maybe once a month; and it’s becoming more costly to buy a razor and then either it rusts or I lose it when I travel.

What have your experiences been with electric shavers. Do they cut as close as a blade? What about the areas right underneath ur nostrils above ur lips, do they get close? Do they feel smooth while being used or they pull on the skin?

I do not really like electric shavers, unless you buy an expensive one you end up cutting yourself, witch never happens wirh razors

They never worked for me. Not for a close shave. That being said, Mach3 razors have really gone down hill in quality too. I usually buy a years supply on Amazon but the last batch I have to replace every other shave. Maybe every 3rd if I'm lucky.

use mach3 to shave head (daily) and electric to trim beard/mustache, i shave neckline though as well. the trick with mach3 to last longer is not use it on longer hair, since it dulls very fast that way. since not clean shaving, my skin irritation has gone down considerably too. if the cost wasn't an issue, i'd say razor is still the best.

Razors will give you the best shave but in my case they tend to irritate my skin, and if I cut myself, stopping the bleeding is a hassle, especially if you´re going to work. I bought a Braun top of the line 9 series almost ten years ago and it´s still going strong, all you have to do is replace the cassette when the shaver´s indicator turns on, I highly recommend it. My dad has an inferior Braun model and used mine once and his reaction was: "this shaves amazingly well, almost razor like and much better than the one I have". Mine had the cleaning station which in all earnest you don´t need, it will stop working eventually and you had to buy Braun´s special liquid cartridges, a weekly 30 minute submersion in a 50% alcohol / water solution and cleaning the head with soap and an old toothbrush will do the same job. It´s expensive but for the service it provides I wouldn´t even doubt for a second.

I´m a Braun man, I had the luxury of my dad passing down to me a Braun and a Philips model when I started shaving so I could decide which system worked best for me, If you haven´t used them I suggest you try and find friends or family that will let you have a test shave before you make the investment.

Highly suggest traditional wet shaving with a double edge safety razor and brush, once you get the technique down and find a blade and razor combo that works all your shaves will be flawless and your skin will thank you. The exfoliation it gives along with the shave is amazing. I have recommendations for anyone interested

Years ago I started "traditional wet shaving" at first I started with the safety razor. And more recently I also use a straight razor for my beard edges.

The benefits-
1-I save a lot of money (the initial investment compared to a modern 3 blade for blade or whatever maybe more but after that cost dramatically decreases.
I also save a lot of money on shaving cream (because I use a brush to froth up shaving soap)
2- I get a closer shave,
3- The biggest benefit over modern razers (for me) is I don't get any razor burn with traditional razors. (This was a very big issue for me when I used to use modern blades or electric razors) and I've tried many different brands and models. Even bought a $300 electric razor at some point.
4- overall the old school razors have a higher quality feel and look more elegant/sophisticated

I think modern razors are a money-grabbing scheme created by the razor companies. Poorer quality product for more money. I have saved hundreds of dollars by switching to safety razors

I have converted 2 friends by letting them try mine. My wife as well (for shaving her legs and pussy, personally I don't mind some pussy hair but if it's nice to change things up) she likes it because she gets a closer shave and with the safety razor and she doesn't cut herself and gets less irritation.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostriderTX
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws