over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Glucophage/Metformin Info

lol thanks anyways man. i'm just afraid to start this without knowing 100% of what i'll be getting into. i eat huge amounts of carbs in almost every meal so i'm thinkin this stuff could really help. i'm gonna keep researching on it and reading more info but im leaning towards trying it.

Yea it would help you stay leaner Ironfreak. Again, like I said before, the only thing that worries me is the reduction in androgen levels (like studies have shown). If you are "on" then it really probably wouldn't matter much, but if you are clean then I would be careful, but who knows...

Yea it would help you stay leaner Ironfreak. Again, like I said before, the only thing that worries me is the reduction in androgen levels (like studies have shown). If you are "on" then it really probably wouldn't matter much, but if you are clean then I would be careful, but who knows...

cool, thanks for the info bro. im gonna try it with my next cycle and see how it goes. i'm assuming that you can cycle on and off this stuff just like you would AAS. if thats the case then i'm going to give it a try.

Awesome... one of the most informative and short to the point posts I've come across in a very long time. THANKS BIG A.

Also... where can someone get Diamicron?

I will be purchasing some Glucophage from iVITAMINS with my next paycheck!

I am currently dieting for the Olympia, I am working at my sponsors booth, and also a few weeks right after that, I am getting married and going to Florida to the beach! SO I NEED TO BE SHREDDED, I am planning on only taking Metformin post workout, with my Glycerol + Vitargo. Any thoughts? Is it possible to get lean while on this drug Big A? If so, please let me know, I am paranoid I won't be in shape and hard for the showdown in Vegas or my wedding bro.

I look forward to any more information from you brother.

(PS: What would be addionally beneficial to take with Metformin? BCAA's, Arginine, Vanadyl Sulfate, Chromium, etc?)

....I am new to metformin. SO I really shouldn't comment on it yet. I think too many people do that on this board instead of just sitting back and letting the more educated guys answer. If I throw my two cents in it may just confuse the hell out of everybody.

Thanks

Honesty is the best way to build credibility.

Good job.

cool, thanks for the info bro. im gonna try it with my next cycle and see how it goes. i'm assuming that you can cycle on and off this stuff just like you would AAS. if thats the case then i'm going to give it a try.

IF83, hit me up via PM if you can't find it easily. My dad is diabetic and has a script for more than he will ever want/need...You're my bro;)

I know quite a few coaches/gurus in the industry that see gluc/metaformin as a staple in one's plan permanently, ie, used without cycleing off for the remainder of their lives....

I know quite a few coaches/gurus in the industry that see gluc/metaformin as a staple in one's plan permanently, ie, used without cycleing off for the remainder of their lives....

That is true.

The effects will attenuate in some people. Met is prescribed off-label as a weight loss drug. For some people it works forever, for some it doesn't.

You can go hypo with it at higher doses, BTW. I don't care what studies say.

what are your chances of getting lactic acidosis while on glucophage? i ask because my grandmother had to take it for her diabetes and she kept complaining about how sick it made her feel

what are your chances of getting lactic acidosis while on glucophage? i ask because my grandmother had to take it for her diabetes and she kept complaining about how sick it made her feel

very rare. Read my last pubmed abstract...

Metform

This stuff works great, it's been used by people who are into life extension, actually that's where I found it. I think the big thing is to take after large meal. It also keep you from going hypoglycimic. Sorry for the spelling. All I would say is I'm 50 so maybe it works better because of my age.

gonna order soon

I plan to try this out and start slow.
250mg after a large meal with at least 50grams of carbs.
once a day.
I wonder how difficult it is to get that many carbs? what kind of carbs? (Like the difference between and milk shake or some pasta)
also, I plan to eat after I go to the gym.

I am worried about the lowering of endogenous test. I am no longer on gear and cannot afford to go back on. since I quit, my BF% has gone up dramatically even though my cardio has been increased 3-fold. vicious circle here.
could I take a pro-hormone to help out?
would it be better if I stay on, or cycle off occasionally?

on last thing, I have seen the list of natural ways to increase sensitivity (will paste the list in the end). Y'all think I should try these first?

looking forward to all responses.

list:
Fish Oils (and other efa's)
Fenugreek
Gymnema Sylvestre
Cinnamon
R-ALA
Anabolic Pump and P-slin (USP Labs)
vanadyl sulfate (weak)
Bitter Melon
Avoiding Trans fats
Avandia
consuming more fiber
Alcar
Magnesium chelate (and the other types of magnesium that end in "ate"
Not abusing stimulants
Sesamin
Glucosol (corosolic acid)
d-pinitol
pour an ounce or two of lemon juice and an ounce or two of apple cider vinegar in a shot glass and drink that before you have a meal higher in carbs.
Chromium polynicotinate
green tea

<EDIT>

I am gonna try some natural stuff for now, once I get it, I will try for about 3 months. I will answer back with results. If I notice nothing after 1 month, I am gonna order the glucophage and get some Tribulus to support my test levels.

Last edited:
I plan to try this out and start slow.
250mg after a large meal with at least 50grams of carbs.
once a day.
I wonder how difficult it is to get that many carbs? what kind of carbs? (Like the difference between and milk shake or some pasta)
also, I plan to eat after I go to the gym.

I am worried about the lowering of endogenous test. I am no longer on gear and cannot afford to go back on. since I quit, my BF% has gone up dramatically even though my cardio has been increased 3-fold. vicious circle here.
could I take a pro-hormone to help out?
would it be better if I stay on, or cycle off occasionally?

on last thing, I have seen the list of natural ways to increase sensitivity (will paste the list in the end). Y'all think I should try these first?

looking forward to all responses.

list:
Fish Oils (and other efa's)
Fenugreek
Gymnema Sylvestre
Cinnamon
R-ALA
Anabolic Pump and P-slin (USP Labs)
vanadyl sulfate (weak)
Bitter Melon
Avoiding Trans fats
Avandia
consuming more fiber
Alcar
Magnesium chelate (and the other types of magnesium that end in "ate"
Not abusing stimulants
Sesamin
Glucosol (corosolic acid)
d-pinitol
pour an ounce or two of lemon juice and an ounce or two of apple cider vinegar in a shot glass and drink that before you have a meal higher in carbs.
Chromium polynicotinate
green tea

Yea, I'd say try some of those first. Glucophage is highly overrated in my opinion (when it comes to bodybuilding usage that is).

reading some other articles online and it seems that no matter what, I should be taking Tribulus when messing with slin sensivity even going the natural route.

this means that gluco can't do a carbs muscle loading if used alone, there aren't enough carbs and slin in your body to do this (see 2 and 3); the best way to do this, is a load/download diet regimen, with gluco in carbs download days and slin in load days.

remember: gluco is an antihyperglicemic drug, it isn't a macronutrients partitioning agent (as slin does)

JM2C

Can you elaborate on this please? I'm not sure I follow you completely.

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner