over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Glucophage while dieting?

GoneForever

Banned
So i've never tried Glucophage but I got some 500mg pharm tabs and wanna give it a shot. Im currently dieting and I take in 50g carbs with breakfast, 50 pre workout/ 50post workout and 50 post workout meal #2, so only 200 total. Is 500mg glucophage too much to take with only 50carbs? Should I just only use them when i have cheat meals over 100carbs?

i'm currently taking it to see if i can get any kind of strength advantages from it. i can say that it seems to be making me leaner and i don't feel quite as bloated after large carb meals. here's some good info about it http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1193&highlight=glucophage

i do think that if you take 500mg metformin with meals containing less than 100g carbs, it can have the possibility of making you go hypo.

I read some past articles and this stuff kinda seems worthless unless your eating high carbs. Maybe I should just save it for cheat meals(like take 2 tabs with a large pizza) and then maybe use it only on my carb up days. It seems like its best advantages are to take a few hours before a workout to get the pumps, and pwo to get the benefit of the rapid insulin type results. So maybe only use on carb up days and take 500mg with a 100carb meal a few hours pwo and then take another 500mg with my pwo shake(100carb) but make sure the last pill was 4hours before.

I read some past articles and this stuff kinda seems worthless unless your eating high carbs. Maybe I should just save it for cheat meals(like take 2 tabs with a large pizza) and then maybe use it only on my carb up days. It seems like its best advantages are to take a few hours before a workout to get the pumps, and pwo to get the benefit of the rapid insulin type results. So maybe only use on carb up days and take 500mg with a 100carb meal a few hours pwo and then take another 500mg with my pwo shake(100carb) but make sure the last pill was 4hours before.

that sounds like a good plan to me, but im not real experienced with it. i'm sure Big A or someone else could chime in and give you a lot better advice. i may start taking one with my pre workout meal since i do high carbs then. i have yet to do so but ill probably try it wednesday.

A family member of mine has diabetes and has let me tried metformin/glucophage in the past. I have used it on just a couple diets for short amounts of time, trying to get a feel for it myself. Ive tried it on a couple occasions, med carb days, no carb days, high carb. I have to agree the above protocol sums up a good way of taking it, also it does not require high dosage. I also do feel a bit more vascular if taken after a meal, (any carb amount). If I take it before I sleep, I feel it a bit harder to get up in the morning, as this gets me tired and lazy, but i'm back to normal once I eat. Overall it has good effects, just dont expect too much

So can this stuff really cause muscle wasting if taken pwo since you want an insulin spike then, and this prevents it? I read someone say this on some past threads.

So can this stuff really cause muscle wasting if taken pwo since you want an insulin spike then, and this prevents it? I read someone say this on some past threads.

actually i was just reading about that as well. a lot of people say to avoid it post workout and just use your own real insulin like normal.

Well this sucks. Anyone else have any opinions? Maybe take only a few hrs preworkout for the pump?

I've been taking 500mg glucophage for about 2weeks now and absolutly love it. I want my insulin spike with my pwo shake, so I dont take it then.I take it with my 2nd pwo meal. First pwo drink is whey/waxy maize than 1.5hours later i'll have a meal with about 80carbs and take 500mg glucophage after the meal. then about 3hrs later I have another meal that has about 50carbs in it. Glucophage stays in system for 4hrs so its in with those two meals and then after that its just a shake/olive oil before bed. I've noticed a great diff. I stay fuller and getting a bit leaner. No feeling of hypo,etc... I also read in Life Extension that they think Gluco will be big soon. Reason is b/c fasting is extremely good for your body. Supposedly low restriced diets drastically improve your lifespan, and they are studing glucophage and think it may mimic the low cal effects even if your not getting low cals, therefore improving lifespan. Def like this stuff.
Also, sometimes when I have a big cheat like pizza,ice cream,etc.. i'd always take around 900mg ala with the meal to help with insulin sensativity. Now I just take about 300mg ala and 1000mg glucophage and wake up looking great the next day. It def helps with less fat storage from high carb meals. I just hope the stuff becomes legal soon.

Last edited:
diabecon

Is this the same thing--diabecon by Himalaya products? ( those that do Liv 52's )

diabecon:
**broken link removed**

looks like it has a similar purpose, does the same things but i am not sure which works better, i know glucophage is strong and has worked well for me. also, i know glucophage works by slowing digestion in your GI, not sure how this diabecon takes action

Last edited:
I will start this tonight.
1/4 tab immediately after I eat. I hope this is the right time to take it.
if I am fine, I will up the dosage.....I have to test it a bit.

BTW BIG THANKS to OUS for a fast delivery!!!

this stuff rocks!
i have more energy through out the day, I can see the pumps and I am getting leaner. If I knew that this is what my body needed, I would have done this a long time ago. I have been to the hospital 3 times because I suspected I had blood sugar issues but have been dismissed each time. My wife keeps asking why I suddenly have so much energy? My little secret.

plain and simple - helps you get much faster in state of ketosis when on a keto diet- 500 mgs after each meal ( and no you - cant go hypo, if you re healthy and have normal sugar levels), supposedly can keep you for gaining fat after large meals - 500-1500mgs after meal.But really dont expect any muscle or strenght gains.
I ve also tried it while on slin cycle , somewhere after the 4th week, i was shooting slin twice a day at 1 iu per 15lbs of bodyweight, first day i took 250 mgs in the middle of the day, 2nd day i took 500 split in two doses....and with humulin r my sugar levels were very stable and in normal range after the 4th hour(i'm shooting IM), even whitout any carbs, but that day somewhere after the 2 nd shot of slin around the 4th-5th hour, mu sugar stayed at 300-400 for a few hours..i stayed up real late taht day till my levels normalized - so bottom line - not the best idea stacking with slin, eventhou many bb'ers do it.
So the only benefit i see from metformin is using it only when i'm on CKD - on the carb oad days, and the first few days of depleteing.

You guys are sure youre not just seeing placebo effect?

It specifically states on the leaflet that glucophage wont do anything to blood sugar which is in the normal range.
I.e. if you dont have problems with decreased insulin sensitivity.

Well it will def work if you have a massive cheat meal, b/c even if you had normal insulin levels, im presuming intaking over 500carbs in a setting will cause a big spike which gluco can help with. I have def noticed that when using it with 100carbs i'll take 500mg and it has helped me get leaner, but now I dont go over 50carbs in a meal and I take 250mg gluco with it and havent noticed anything, like when I had 100carbs with 500mg

Great thread folks;

I just got attained whole lot of knowledge.

Cheers

You guys are sure youre not just seeing placebo effect?

It specifically states on the leaflet that glucophage wont do anything to blood sugar which is in the normal range.
I.e. if you dont have problems with decreased insulin sensitivity.

I highly doubt it. I have never had any placebo affect trying anything because I am a "I'll believe it when I see it" kind of guy. i was not expecting anything and definitely not this soon

I just started taking metformin. I take half a tab (500mg) after a large carb meal.
I will keep you guys posted. I just started yesterday. I also just started a new cycle of test cyp and dbol.
I noticed when I woke up I felt more hungry than usual but that could be from many factors.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ryan.veneficus
NapsGear