over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

GnRH - AO

wilderbeast

Registered
I was looking into GnRH. I have never come across any data on its usage or dosages until today. I thought I would post the following info from the Journal of clinical endocrinology and metabolism:

Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism Vol. 55, No. 4 723-726
doi:10.1210/jcem-55-4-723
Copyright © 1982 by the Endocrine Society.
This Article

Chronic Pulsatile Low Dose GnRH Therapy for Induction of Testosterone Production and Spermatogenesis in a Man with Secondary Hypogonadotropic Hypogonadism*

GÖRAN SKARIN, SVEN JOHAN NILLIUS, LARS WIBELL and LEIF WIDE

Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Internal Medicine, and Clinical Chemistry, University Hospital, S- 750 14 Uppsala 14, Sweden

Address correspondence and requests for reprints to: Goran Skarin, M.D., Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital, S-750 14 Uppsala 14, Sweden.

Prolonged intermittent treatment with low doses of GnRH was given to a 23-yr-old man with secondary hypogonadotropic hypogonadism. The patient had experienced sudden onset of diabetes insipidus followed by progressive decrease of gonadotropins and gonadal function. Modern radiological techniques did not reveal any organic genesis. A small portable computerized infusion pump connected to a sc catheter was usedfor the 220-day GnRH therapy. One microgram GnRH was administered every 90 min during the first 90 days and 5 µg GnRH every 90 min during the following 130 days. During the prolonged GnRH treatment testosterone secretion normalized, libido and potency improved, and ejaculation returned. Spermatogenesis became close to normal and the subject 's wife became pregnant after 181 days of treatment. The prolonged treatment with the small infusion pump was well accepted and did not interfere with the patient's daily life activities. Thus, chronic pulsatile low dose GnRH treatment can restore normal pituitary-gonadal function in idiopathic male hypogonadotropic hypogonadism. (J Clin Endocrinol Metab 55: 723, 1982)

* This study was supported by Swedish Medical Research Council Grant 13X-3145

According to what I infer from this article; 16 mcg per day was administered the first 90 days and then 80 mcg for the remaining 130 days. After 181 days ( 91 days into 80 mcg/day dosing) spermatogenesis returned to normal. This makes me think that at least 80 mcg needs to be administered over the course of several months to return spermatogenesis and normalize testosterone secretion.

If anyone has any experience with GnRH aside from hypogonadism diagnostic testing I think it would be interesting to hear about theoretical dosage protocols etc.

BEAST

I have been able to find several more studies involving hypogonadal males and administration of GnRH. It seems that the average effective dosing protocol seems to be 100-300 mcg/day from anywhere between 30-180 days.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131