Big A

IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IFBB PROS
JUDGES
Registered
Newbies
This is from a Lambo board that I am a member on. Very good read with lots of interesting and inpirational stuff in it. Some crap to weed through, but a lot of good stuff.

------------------------------------------------------------
Financial advice?

pikemike420

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:03 pm Post subject: Financial advice?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is youre best financial advice to a young man trying to make his

first million?

No jokes please....

RRevolution

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:40 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just curious, how old are you?

Dealer of: HRE, Avus, Kreis-sieg, Capristo, Brembo, StopTech, and much much more...

ALLAN-LAMBO
Site Admin

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:11 pm Post subject:

Sell lots of drugs, dont get caught.

pikemike420

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:57 pm Post subject:

im 23 years old... Im about to get my bachelors in Hospitality Management

with a hotel management track....Then im probably going to get my MBA

from Nova Southeasten in Ft. Lauderdale...

v12 tkk

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:50 pm Post subject:

allan always pulls through with priceless advice

93 RX-7

BMWRACER
Miura Corse Expert

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:05 pm Post subject:

ALLAN-LAMBO wrote:
Sell lots of drugs, dont get caught.

Pimping as a sideline wouldn't hurt either

pikemike420

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:11 pm Post subject:

i know but i do the same thing so i understand..Thats why both of us have been banned from many forums(we are both smartasses )...But im trying to be good on this one....I think the smartest thing someone can do when they are trying to learn to make money is to ask those who have alot of it how they did it, and use their experiences as a point of reference to put yourself on that same level in whatever you are doing...I am a very unreluctant person so i know i am going to be very succesful one day but unfortunately i have 2 years of grad-school till i can put all of my time and effort into working and building my career...

Mike

BMWRACER
Miura Corse Expert

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:32 pm Post subject:

Well Mikey
1st thing to learn:Control you bad temper
2nd and final:Asking really isn't going to get you anywhere.You have to pay your dues in whatever business or industry you get invloved with.Hard work pays off but you also have to work smart and be lucky.
One thing is for sure:During your life time there will be one or two really good opportunities that will come up and you have to be able to recognize that and jump all over when it does come up.You can't be overly cautious and shy because if you don't stick your neck out and play safe all the time you will never get anywhere.
I know everything i said is very vague but it summarizes some of the most important keys to success

peters

Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:05 am Post subject:

Don't waste your time at school. Get educated not academically but financially. Start by reading Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki. Bulid the dream and the dream will build you.

Alexandru

Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:17 am Post subject:

peters wrote:
Don't waste your time at school. Get educated not academically but financially. Start by reading Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki. Bulid the dream and the dream will build you.

Don't waste your time in school...ok what did you just say...you need school in today's world.
School gives you strong base's in life and in your professional career

It aint as easy as it was 10 or 20 years ago to make money without a diploma !!!... you need to be very lucky to succeed without it !!!!

Go to school...get your MBA...work for someone a couple of years...start your own business aside ...you'll see immediately if it works out !!!

Having DREAMS doesnt making it in todayz world !!!

peters

Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:04 am Post subject:

Are you JOKING? How many people do you know that work a 9 - 5 job own a Lamborghini? IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT! All your doing is trading your time for money. You only have so many hours in a day and you can only be paid so much for your time. Working for your employer, not only being the highest taxed form of income, is also a guarantee for financial scarity. Be your own boss.

You have to learn how to create a passive income, build a business that puts money into your pocket. Acquire assests that produce income and acquire more assests. If the dream is big enough you will find a way out of the rat race...

My advice to you is to take advise from those you want to be like and associate yourself with them as much as possible. But hey it's your life, read that book and you'll never be the same. It should be easy to find, it's been on the New York Best Sellers list for 228 weeks now and counting...

Good luck.

Tommy

Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:06 am Post subject:

"I had a dream when I was young, a dream of sweet illusions..."

peters, are you Robert Kiyosaki ?

Alexandru

Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:27 am Post subject:

peters wrote:
How many people do you know that work a 9 - 5 job own a Lamborghini?

Yeah LOL

pikemike420

Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:09 am Post subject:

BMWRACER wrote:
Well Mikey
1st thing to learn:Control you bad temper
2nd and final:Asking really isn't going to get you anywhere.You have to pay your dues in whatever business or industry you get invloved with.Hard work pays off but you also have to work smart and be lucky.
One thing is for sure:During your life time there will be one or two really good opportunities that will come up and you have to be able to recognize that and jump all over when it does come up.You can't be overly cautious and shy because if you don't stick your neck out and play safe all the time you will never get anywhere.
I know everything i said is very vague but it summarizes some of the most important keys to success

very good advice Aram...Im working on the temper part as we can all see...But the second part is very true....Thanx for the advice

Mike

JbJam

Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:03 pm Post subject:

If you are going for a degree in hotel managment id go to Cornell.

Peter... sometimes you have to work for someone if you cant afford to just jump out and make it on your own. If this is the case you have to work extra hard and get your own stuff going on the side. Im havnt made _bank_ on my own so I cannot really vouch for to much, but my Dad and entire family have... n most of them posses degrees, not that you cannot make it without one; but sometimes they are essential depending on what you plan to do.

pikemike420

Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:54 pm Post subject:

Cornell is definately the best hotel school in the country i was going to go there, but its very harsh winters up there plus the whole money issue...I go to Florida International University right now which suprisingly is in the top 5 Hotel Management Schools in the country...But i have family that have held very high positions in this industry, so one day i hope to do the same...Right now just have to keep working my 40-50 hours a week and go to school so i can graduate and start making money....

Mike

ALLAN-LAMBO
Site Admin

Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:43 pm Post subject:

Buy Land, they arent making any more of it. As for school, it depends, i think if a person is dedicated and has a vision of what they want to accomplish school slows you down, and bog you down with more financial burden for the future. case in point, my sister and my wife. My wife did 4 years of college, my sister did 6. My sister is an optometrist, with 150,000 worth of College loans to pay back making approx 90K yearly. My wife went directly into pharmaceutical sales, making approx 100k yearly, then moved into medical devices making right around 180K. She was pretty much at the top of her game in both those fields. Now she works in resort sales, where all you need is a Real Estate license, and makes 3X what she did in medical devices. I know 23-25 year old girls making 350-500k yearly with no college degrees. In the car industry, i knew salespeople making 100-250k, with no degrees. Most of the people i know with degrees are making 40k.

Alexandru

Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:47 pm Post subject:

ALLAN-LAMBO wrote:
Most of the people i know with degrees are making 40k.

Well you know me

TheLimey

Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:21 pm Post subject:

Mike-

Here is my advice-

YOU will NEVER get rich working for someone else.

College won't hurt. It just depends what YOU do with it.

If you are going to College to learn the Hotel Industry, get your degree, work a few years at a Hotel, then use that knowledge to START YOUR OWN HOTEL.

Otherwise, I'd agree with Allan, get into Real Estate.

-James Miller

JimmyJ
KimmyJ Owned

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:12 am Post subject:

peters wrote:
How many people do you know that work a 9 - 5 job own a Lamborghini?

I work 7a to sometimes 10p sometimes. Like Beemer said, work hard.

1. Education is a must. I don't have my BS in Applied Mathematics yet, but when I hire an employee, I look at their education first, and then their job experience second.
2. Hard work get's you great rewards (it depends on what you value as a reward)
3. Set some goals for yourself, don't set 'em too high, but attainable.
4. Investing always helps (as well as dealing and pimping )

rakjoe

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:39 am Post subject:

1) Hang a big poster of your favorite Lambo on the ceiling above your bed so it will be the last thing you see before you fall asleep.At some point it will become an obsession that you will must buy to get it out of your system, you WILL find the means.

2) Stop being financially responsible, buy something you consider out of your budget and strugle to pay for it, at some point you will get used to it and except it us part of your life than buy another thing you can't afford.
What it does it trains your basic instinct of survival and force you to find ways to make more money.
While doing that you will discover who you really are and which talents and abilities you really posses, you will stop wasting your own time doing things that are not important and focus on those which help you pay for the previously unobtainable thing you recently bought.
your current dreams are closer than you think, in fact they are just around the corner.
School or no school it will all come down to how determined YOU are to live the life of your choice.

pikemike420

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:45 am Post subject:

Great advice guys....I'd like to thank all of you for taking time to give me
this advice..Ill take everything you guys say to heart....
But please dont erase this thread!
As far as the loans go....I didnt have to take any so when i graduate
my money goes in my pocket..Hard work while i was in school helped me
accomplish this...In my industry my degree will help, but its more the connections you make in your career of choice, while in college, that really help you..

I plan to work in sales when i graduate probably at the Fontainebleau Resort on Miami Beach....Nicest propery in South Fla...

JimmyJ
KimmyJ Owned

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:49 am Post subject:

Or you could always play the lottery

Tommy

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:22 am Post subject:

The second rakjoe's advice is also good to go in jail

steam

Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:31 am Post subject:

make sure you sit down and make a business plan of your life. figure out where you want to go and how you are going to get there. some things will change along the way. but you can always adjust it. make sure you set your goals realistly. some thing that you can make.

cobra4

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:14 am Post subject:

**broken link removed**

read this book. It contains everything u need for make moneyand to be great with yourself. Do not read any other book or theories but this book, as it prescribes

It's completely free

pikemike420

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:29 am Post subject:

Thanks to all of you for being so generous with your wealth of knowledge! I really do appreciate it..

Mike

NuclearJACK

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:14 am Post subject:

People need to stop saying "get an education" "go to collage". Yes that can be very important but just going to school wont help. You need to have a plan. Get a degree in something that will actually get you a job. Too many people are going to school and getting degrees that are not useful. 1/2 of my coworkers have university degrees and student loans and they make the same 40k that I do. My theory is “the difference between my coworkers and the owners on this forum is you need to plan what to do with your degree. Figure out what you want to do that will make lots of money and a degree may or may not be needed on that path.”

Ps: I bet this advise would sound a lot better from someone that was rich. Another book to consider is “the automatic millionaire” where basically he suggests saving 10% of ALL money you earn.

pikemike420

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:34 pm Post subject:

I completely agree i have a plan for when i graduate and a couple years after, but after that its kinda up in the air...I know when i graduate i will work as a sales manager at the fountainebleu resort on miami beach, after that i plan on working as a director of sales at the same hotel or one of the same calibur, I plan to be a GM by 30-33 yrs. old, work in corporate and/or own my own hotel/s after that...

Now this may change due to working conditions or better job offers from different industries, but this is my general outline...

Again, thanks for the input from everyone i do Really appreciate it!

O-Ace

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:20 pm Post subject:

If I had to guess, I'd say most Lambo owners on this forum DID NOT have a plan from the start. I think they were just smart enough to see an opportunity when it knocked on their doors and the rest is history. Good luck...

Pantera

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:37 pm Post subject:

pikemike420 wrote:
I completely agree i have a plan for when i graduate and a couple years after, but after that its kinda up in the air...I know when i graduate i will work as a sales manager at the fountainebleu resort on miami beach, after that i plan on working as a director of sales at the same hotel or one of the same calibur, I plan to be a GM by 30-33 yrs. old, work in corporate and/or own my own hotel/s after that...

Now this may change due to working conditions or better job offers from different industries, but this is my general outline...

Again, thanks for the input from everyone i do Really appreciate it!

Dont have children or a wife! and you will have more money to yourself.

Me i plan on retiring by 33.

pikemike420

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:59 pm Post subject:

lol!

I know i have had a gf for 2 and a half years now shes my most expensive expense!

You should be able to write them off in your taxes!

cgperry

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:14 am Post subject:

There's no question that starting your own business is the only way to make significant money, and to simulataneously give yourself time to enjoy that money. As someone else said, you have a fixed amount of time which can only produce a fixed amount of income regardless of what you do. Once you are making money off other people's time, all you have to do is continue to add people.

That said, though, you really need to work at someone else's business for a while first. You WILL make certain mistakes in your business career. The trick is to make mistakes on someone else's dime and learn from them so that you won't repeat them in your business.

And love what you do. You will spend a huge percentage of your life working. If you don't enjoy it, you will never develop the deep commitment necessary to excel.

The Zapper

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:21 am Post subject:

true words. even though I just started my new career I already love it and I see huge potential. it really makes working hard a lot easier.

STIrampage

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:17 pm Post subject:

peters wrote:
Yikes, what a shitty book.

IM me if you want to talk about anything.

SupraSeb
Fat Girls ROCK!

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:35 pm Post subject:

If you want be rich, first off all, dont work for someone. To make a LOT(I mean A LOT) of money, you need to something nobody else did before, you have to try new things, of course you can fail, but you can succeed too, but trying crazy things will only work if your intelligent and have good imagination and good financial/business skills too, and you need all of those becuase having a good idea is nothing if you dont know how to present it and market it....same thing if your good in business but you cant find something incredible to work on........
But theres something you should know, rare are those who succeed, but those who do make a lot of money...need an exemple? im 18, own a 1300+hp supra worth over 150k, have a 1m$ project going on(see the 2nd website in my sig), im music producer and art director on an international project with a bunch of German DJs, etc....of course im busy all the time, but thing is im further in life than 99% at 18yr old, and thats because I took risks, but those risks paid off...

-Seb

2005 Lotus Elise LSS
1994 Toyota Supra TT
200X Project Lucifer

BREATHE FORUMS
www.breathesupercars.com
www.smengineering.info

Faraz

Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:01 am Post subject:

That girlfreind will keep you from meeting your goals. Especially if she is your major expense already. Most of the wealthy young people I know had to sacrifice thier relationships to fully devote themself to thier goals. Id say dont be afraid to compete. I would suggest the following Reads for small business startup. You have to eat, sleep, and breathe your business all day and all night long.

- the 22 immutable laws of marketing.
- Guerilla Advertising / Marketing.
- How to persuade people who dont want to be persuaded.

Pantera

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:36 am Post subject:

^^^
That is so true which is why i stay far away from them. The only way right now id date someone and thas if she is rich.

BlackBear

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:41 am Post subject:

My two friends Tony and Tony helped me get going again after I lost my first $3M.

Tony Robbins, get all his CDs, follow his goal setting and create your own road map.

Tony Soprano, watch all five seasons on DVD. You'll get an idea of how to manage people and hold them accountable. This is just quick way to learn this. You'll be able to build on it from here.

zoomboy

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:44 pm Post subject:

Faraz wrote:
That girlfreind will keep you from meeting your goals. Especially if she is your major expense already. Most of the wealthy young people I know had to sacrifice thier relationships to fully devote themself to thier goals. Id say dont be afraid to compete. I would suggest the following Reads for small business startup. You have to eat, sleep, and breathe your business all day and all night long.

- the 22 immutable laws of marketing.
- Guerilla Advertising / Marketing.
- How to persuade people who dont want to be persuaded.

wow thats so true, never thought of it that way. come to think of im doing the same thing right now. hard work almost everyday long hours . but its paying off as well. i hate the people who just chills all day everyday, then hates people who worked much harder then they did because we have things which they cant afford . i see this everyday. even in my friends too , they all get really jeoulous .ive gotten rid of alot of friends just because they cant stand the fact that i can afford things that they cannot. but then again they just party 24-7 , so what do you expect from that....when you work hard you can play hard as well.

The Zapper

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:28 pm Post subject:

exactly. they expect to get something out of nothing.

supradedupra

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:57 pm Post subject:

well... when I was 14 I decided I wanted my Supra.... I worked my ass off (often working illegal hours against child labor laws) in order to buy my supra about 2 months after my 17th birthday. I paid cash for it. Since then, I have fallen in love with the Ferrari 360 Modena. Recently, I have decided to change my career path from becoming a patent lawyer to becoming an air traffic controller. It seems like the right move on my part.

As I see it, I can be making a base pay of 6 figures before I'm thirty, and along the way invest most of it into real estate. That is my plan to keep myself financially stable.

From what I calculated, I only need to make $18 k a year to afford just the Ferrari Payment. Not including issurance, housing, etc. etc. But, I realize it would be smarter to save my money until my asset pile can pay the $18+ k a year. Then I get a free car

Pantera

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:11 pm Post subject:

supradedupra wrote:

I only need to make $18 k a year to afford just the Ferrari Payment. Not including issurance, housing, etc. etc. But, I realize it would be smarter to save my money until my asset pile can pay the $18+ k a year. Then I get a free car

Theres no way you can buy a Ferrari with 18k a year unless its either a kitcar or some beatup non running 308. my mother at my age(18) owned a Ferrari 308 when they first came out and even with a fulltime carrer making over 30k a year no kids and living at home she still couldnt afford it and had to return it that next month.

Your best bet is to make about 50k a year so like that you can be insured. Inssurance is a must with any car because you never know some asshole can hit you or jack your ride and you will not get paid for it. Plus you could pay all the bills and still have money to save for just about any supercar if you make about 50grand a year but you have to be single no kids. Otherwise you will be rich if you play your cards right. That means saving up everypenny and not buying shit you don't need.

NuclearJACK

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:37 pm Post subject:

Umm he could get this one **broken link removed** for US $129,900.00 which if he financed over 72 months with 6% interest and 15% sales taxes would run him $2,475.74 a month. To get to 18k a year or 1500 a month for only the payments he would either need to go with less sales taxe, lower interest or an old model.

wow it took my 9 minutes to do all this

NuclearJACK

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:20 pm Post subject:

Pantera wrote:
supradedupra wrote:

I only need to make $18 k a year to afford just the Ferrari Payment. Not including issurance, housing, etc. etc. But, I realize it would be smarter to save my money until my asset pile can pay the $18+ k a year. Then I get a free car

Theres no way you can buy a Ferrari with 18k a year unless its either a kitcar or some beatup non running 308. my mother at my age(18) owned a Ferrari 308 when they first came out and even with a fulltime carrer making over 30k a year no kids and living at home she still couldnt afford it and had to return it that next month.

Your best bet is to make about 50k a year so like that you can be insured. Inssurance is a must with any car because you never know some asshole can hit you or jack your ride and you will not get paid for it. Plus you could pay all the bills and still have money to save for just about any supercar if you make about 50grand a year but you have to be single no kids. Otherwise you will be rich if you play your cards right. That means saving up everypenny and not buying shit you don't need.

Stop saying 50 grand a year. look at it this way
Say you find a car that is $140,000. You pay 6% loan interest, with sales tax of 7% and go big with 96 months (8 years) loan that will cost you $2000 a month. Now the most you would be able to talk a bank into lending you on a car loan would be 20% of your gross income, and that is best case. The average person only spends 11% but anyway. So that works out that you need to gross $10,000 a month or $120,000 a year. At 11% of gross that would mean grossing $222,000 a year

PS I hope this doesn’t shatter any dream and my bad if my math is off but it’s late and I have too much free time on my hands

mystic

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:30 am Post subject:

WOW...what a crock of sh$t. First, your supra isn't worth nearly $150,000...maybe to someone in UK that will give you 175k check and wants 25k of it back If its worth 150g then why did Bob Helms sell you the car for under 50g if its worth well over $100g. Secondly...if you are worth all these millions then WHY were you trying to bum 800$ of me so you could get your car running? hahaha please bro... You got called out so many times on www.supraforums.com for being so full of it and then you come on here trying to imrpess these guys. Not only that...this 1mil $ project, actually I won't even go there

Secondly..people who have all the money that you say you do, don't come on here bragging.

To become successful in business do everything everyone else does...for example, follow me. I own a $175,000$ lexus, a $105,000 Supercharged Viper, a $50,000 escalade, and I own my own house OUTRIGHT that is worth 200g. I am also in the process of building over a MILLION DOLLAR house on 5 ACRES!!!

haha seb please, quit with the bullshit

SupraSeb wrote:
If you want be rich, first off all, dont work for someone. To make a LOT(I mean A LOT) of money, you need to something nobody else did before, you have to try new things, of course you can fail, but you can succeed too, but trying crazy things will only work if your intelligent and have good imagination and good financial/business skills too, and you need all of those becuase having a good idea is nothing if you dont know how to present it and market it....same thing if your good in business but you cant find something incredible to work on........
But theres something you should know, rare are those who succeed, but those who do make a lot of money...need an exemple? im 18, own a 1300+hp supra worth over 150k, have a 1m$ project going on(see the 2nd website in my sig), im music producer and art director on an international project with a bunch of German DJs, etc....of course im busy all the time, but thing is im further in life than 99% at 18yr old, and thats because I took risks, but those risks paid off...

-Seb

2005 Suzuki GSXR1000

mystic

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:36 am Post subject:

PS; Your dad got you your job SEB

Did you get motor #3 for your car yet? On top f the 150k did you add the 2 additional motors and since you use only the best of the best parts that must make the car worth another 40-50k for your fuckups so your car is actually worth more along the lines of 200g
2005 Suzuki GSXR1000

NuclearJACK

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:03 pm Post subject:

Speaking of crock of shit what does this mean? "First, your supra isn't worth nearly $150,000...maybe to someone in UK that will give you 175k check and wants 25k of it back " . Are you trying to say that yes his car is worth 150 grand and then trying to make fun of how people in the UK buy cars?
Then you go on to explain how he bought the car for 50k and then put more money into the car. From what you have said alone it sounds like he has spent 150k on the car to me. And yes everyone knows that what you put into a custom car you don’t get back when you sell it.
Next you manage to misunderstand "have a 1m$ project going on". This doesn’t mean he is worth millions it means he is working on a project that is. It could even mean he is a carpenter working on a million dollar building. Who knows?
But the best part is this "Secondly. People who have all the money that you say you do, don't come on here bragging. " Which is amazingly followed by you bragging about how much money you have.

Alexandru

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:51 pm Post subject:

DAMN SEB YOU GOT OWNED SO BADLY IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY

View previous topic :: View next topic
BMWRACER
Miura Corse Expert

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:31 pm Post subject:

This has turned into the DUMB and DUMBBER THREAT.
SEB and PANTERA. WTF ARE YOU GUYS SMOKING???
The first one is so full of shit i just about rolled on the floor laughing when i read his post.
AND Pantera,when are you finally going to figure it out that 50K a year isn't going to buy you much.We discussed this before and we explained it to you and you STILL DON'T GET IT.ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW STUPID YOU COME ACROSS

Last edited by BMWRACER on Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

wangan

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:42 pm Post subject:

Seb are you the guy that got owned a couple of months ago on MontrealRacing ?

It must be you...you haven't changed !
You need to take a chill !

Kalil
bmwmcoupe friend !

mystic

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:49 pm Post subject:

NuclearJack; First off... I know seb and his stupid ways. He bought the car for not even 50g.. He thinks because his car dynos at 900rwhp that is makes it worth 150g...

Secondly I am not making fun of the UK.. I am just poking at all the scammers who offer to buy a car and send a check for X amount of dollars and then the seller sends a check back to them for the difference.. Did you not follow my humour?

I know his 1mil$ project and he is supposidly building some car out of a completely undiscovered composite that will weigh 500 lbs and be 4000hp. Seb is so full of shit that his breath reeks like my asshole. He is not implying he is a carpenter working on a 1million $ project...he is saying he is building a car that cost over a MIL to duplicate.

I am not bragging at what I own.. I am simply mocking him... I just pulled numbers out of my ass to give him shit. My lexus isn't worth 150g...even though there is close to that in the car, I know it isn't worth anywhere near that.. Seb on the other hand things that every gallon of c16 ran through his gas tank raises the value of his car 9$
2005 Suzuki GSXR1000

mystic

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:49 pm Post subject:

Wangan, Seb is from canada so I would assume so. Hes even worse in person!!!
2005 Suzuki GSXR1000

TheLimey

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:11 pm Post subject:

mystic-

I like your style.

mystic is the New BikerBoy

-James Miller

pikemike420

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:04 pm Post subject:

Guys!

I just wanted some financial, and business oriented advice. I didn't want this thread to be an ego bash. Many of you have made rich men out of yourselves at a variety of ages, who's richer really has no bearing on the effectiveness of your statements. Please, I am an up and coming businessman, and i just wanted advice from the very knowledgeable and wealthy group of guys that we have on this site. No need for the arguing. You have all given me excellent advice and i will use everything you have written to better myself and my businesses in the future.

I just wanted to thank you for the support

-Mike

P.S-Aram i am again truly sorry for the way i acted in past postings, I was wrong to bash you without any knowledge of who you are and what you are about.

Keep the peace

-Mike

Pantera

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:48 pm Post subject:

BMWRACER wrote:
This has turned into the DUMB and DUMBBER THREAT.
SEB and PANTERA. WTF ARE YOU GUYS SMOKING???
The first one is so full of shit i just about rolled on the floor laughing when i read his post.
AND Pantera,when are you finally going to figure it out that 50K a year isn't going to buy you much.We discussed this before and we explained it to you and you STILL DON'T GET IT.ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW STUPID YOU COME ACROSS

As i said before if i get a Lambo in the near future while on my own im not planning to get one brand spanking new. You can find a lambo Countach now adays at an affordable price and its not a kitcar.

NuclearJACK

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:10 pm Post subject:

"Secondly I am not making fun of the UK.. I am just poking at all the scammers who offer to buy a car and send a check for X amount of dollars and then the seller sends a check back to them for the difference.. Did you not follow my humour?"

my bad here. I havnt heard of this scam so it made no sense to me.

SupraWoman
She's a Babe!!

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:10 am Post subject:

I know a guy in UK, he has a silver Supe with 800 bhp, and I know he spent £70 K - which is over $100K. But he's selling his car - well was selling last year I heard for £32K.

aND HE'S A YOUNG GUY - 22-23 Y.O.

JayStyleRacing

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:46 pm Post subject:

I'm at the same point with business ventures here and there, and currently getting my majors in International Business, Marketing, and Technical Communication while taking some engineering classes for technical reference.

And, of everyone that I associate myself around they all say some key things, which I believe to heart!

1) Education first and foremost
2) At this time of your life, you need to decide what dreams you really passion for and make them Goals.
3) Enough of concentrating on the short run, as you live life to the fullest, develop your plans to appreciate in value in the long run
4) Sacrifices are going to come up in everyone's lifetime...they have to be made, just know how and for what to make them.
5) Opportunists aren't assholes unless in bars scouting women/men
6) Associate yourself with successful and knowledgable people.
7) Personality and social skills matter, and is just as key as education
8) Creativity...entrepreneurs who can innovate or create instead of just "jumping on the bandwagon" go far.
9) Mistakes and failures happen....you only fail if you decide to stop and not take the challenge because it is too hard
10) Never forget the value of life and people...As my father says "You make the money...dont let the money make you"

These I follow whole-heartedly, and something I suggest....close friendship with someone you look up to. My best friend, Nick, is a sophomore and one of the most influential and success-driven people I've known. He's 19 and has his own indepedent health care consulting business (works with doctors who run their own practice and hosptials), during the summer is the assistant to the VP of a Kenosha hospital..among other things.

pikemike420

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:02 pm Post subject:

Very good points.. I see the same way on pretty much everything you said. Education is always first in my book,(even though many will disagree), you need a basis for understanding how things work. Sure you can learn as you go, or be tought, but having a good understanding on how to do something without someone having to show you is priceless. Entrepreneurs are the richast and poorest people in the world. They arent afraid of risk, which is good, but dangerous at the same time. Doing what nobody else is doing is going to make you a ton of money, or it can make you nothing. To associate yourself with knowledgeable and successful people is key because it is rare that a successful person has poor and lazy friends. Success surrounds itself with success, and i believe that whole-heartedly. People have been mentioning books, i typically don't have much time to read, but a veryinteresting book i read recently is called the 48 Laws of Power. It goes through some great stories and why successful people become successful. Also a businessman's classic is the Art of War. I have met many successful Businessmen and all of them have told me read it and live it!

Thanks for the excellent post, i agree with youre 10 guidelines and believe if you follow that you will be rich and succesful in the future

-Mike

phxdiablo

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:18 pm Post subject:

Mike,

Here's my advice: Forget school, MBA's and other crap. That stuff just bogs you down with debt and sends you off on the WRONG PATH ... employee-land. My #1 piece of advice is to find a need in the marketplace and solve it. Translation: Start a business. Yes, its that simple. Everything you need to learn can be bought and read at Barnes and Noble or the library. Never stop learning. The more people you can help (solve needs, make them feel good, etc) the more $$$ you make. As for me, I became a millionaire @ age 31, multi-millionaire @ 33. In hindsight, it happened pretty quick -- properly executed and systemized businesses grow PROFITS EXPONENTIALLY, salaries DON'T.

Good luck!!!

pikemike420

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:30 pm Post subject:

phxdiablo wrote:
Mike,

Here's my advice: Forget school, MBA's and other crap. That stuff just bogs you down with debt and sends you off on the WRONG PATH ... employee-land. My #1 piece of advice is to find a need in the marketplace and solve it. Translation: Start a business. Yes, its that simple. Everything you need to learn can be bought and read at Barnes and Noble or the library. Never stop learning. The more people you can help (solve needs, make them feel good, etc) the more $$$ you make. As for me, I became a millionaire @ age 31, multi-millionaire @ 33. In hindsight, it happened pretty quick -- properly executed and systemized businesses grow PROFITS EXPONENTIALLY, salaries DON'T.

Good luck!!!

I agree with everything you said in the post, but im not going to graduate with any debt(parents are paying for it). I see the whole emplyee land thing you are talking about, but my uncle used to be the CEO of a large hotel chain and he started as a bartender(He did get his Bachelors degree, but i think just to make the parents happy). He is now the CEO of another very large hotel management company with acquisitions in excess of a Billion dollars
I plan to get my experience when i get out of school in december(already have 2 years experience now) and go learn from work for him for a couple years to learn from someone who truly "knows his shit." At that point id like to either buy franchised hotels for myself, start my own franchise, or be in senior executive positions in a top level company. All of which i think would be pretty lucritive.

If i find something that will possibly caus a demand for a new market, or make a market better and more lucritive in the meantime, i will surely drop my plans and go for where the gold is! But im 2 semesters before graduation so i might as well finish. Don't think ill be going for an MBA.

Thank you for your input i greatly appreciate all of your help guys,

-Mike

BMWRACER
Miura Corse Expert

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:39 pm Post subject:

phxdiablo wrote:
Mike,

Good luck!!!

Pretty good advice except the forget the school part.Just because it worked for you doesn't mean it will work for everyone and imo before someone goes out into the working world it would be nice to have some theoretical knowledge.Most of it will not be used but the main lesson to be learned from schooling is discipline.
No discipline and dedication=no success

phxdiablo

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:46 pm Post subject:

Yes, I will admit that. College taught me discipline, people skills & time-management. As for being the CEO of a large company; I'd bet your uncle is "older" -- late 40's or above. My goal was to be a millionaire by 30. Climbing the corporate ladder to CEO land is great if you don't mind cashing in your millions when your losing your hair and going gray with whatever's left.

Young-and-rich is a lot better than OLD-and-rich. Bottomline, get involved in business on the OWNER level as quickly as you can.

pikemike420

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:17 pm Post subject:

You are very right phxdiablo. It is much better to be young and rich.

Also what do you guys think of the real estate market. Although weve seen outstanding gains in the housing value in Florida in the past 5 years, I have heard from one of my teachers today that typically when our country goes through a large gas-petroleum shortage the government typically drives up interest rates across the board to help ease the petroleum prices back to average pricing.

Another idea i have had that many people have been doing in south florida is buying as much property as you can afford to hold on to, and selling in 3-5 years.

There was a line cook at my hotel that was making $9 an hour that owns more than a million dollars in real estate. He lived in a small apartment and was renting 3 houses to different families. I couldn't believe it until someone that worked with him started renting one of his properties.

-Mike

berseeker

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:22 am Post subject:

if everyone is rich and knows how to make money, then no one is rich no one has any money.

NuclearJACK

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:30 pm Post subject:

ummm so who has all the money?

DrTofu

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:49 pm Post subject:

NuclearJACK wrote:
ummm so who has all the money?

it sure as hell isnt me

berseeker

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:46 am Post subject:

i hope no one think i'm talking non-sence here, coz everyone here knows what they're talking about.

if you want to be wealthy, you have to understand who you are and what you are. And mostly importantly, accept who and what you are.

once you figure that out, you'll know what you have to do.

but one definate advice, don't do any of those get rich quick scheme / lessons.

Charles

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:54 am Post subject:

ALLAN-LAMBO wrote:
Buy Land, they arent making any more of it.

Allan, how would you go from a real estate agent that makes 3 to 4 grand monthly to someone who has enough money to by land thats worth hundreds of thousands if not millions??? Don't peices of land cost more than a couple thousand dollars?? ( it costs that much to buy land in Vancouver) I know to work hard..... but there are plenty of people who work hard but stay at mediocrity for the rest of their lives...... well at least for the very best parts of their lives anyways.....

ALLAN-LAMBO
Site Admin

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:40 pm Post subject:

Inmo, if you are a real estate agent making 3-4 k a month, there is something VERY wrong.

Tommy

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:49 pm Post subject:

Allan, do you know any guy somewhere around the globe looking for a house in riviera?

Thanks for this post BigA. I am now reading The Science of Getting Rich. I have heard things like this before. Tony Robbins comes to mind and the few times I have applied these things, they've worked wonders. I think my faith had faultered and I believe I am ready to apply everything in that short book.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear