over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Growth principles for beginners

Big A,
You mentioned that you train 3 weeks on 1 week off on this program. Does that mean no lifting at all for that week? Any aerobics? I may be wrong but I assume you would cut back on the amount of food eaten during the week off?

Hey Big A.....

Thanks for taking time to read all of this. It has been a very long while since i have seriously lifted. Would this program benefit me in any way being as how i have not lifted for an extended period of time? I read your post, and i must say that I am a little confused. I am not quite sure how i would apply your program to myself. I am 6'1" , and naturally a larger build. i have been working on the diet to drop fat, and i really want to focus on gaining strength and mass. I personally do not aspire to be completely ripped. I am 26, and I play both football and softball, and i honestly believe that developing my strength will allow me to progress further in my sports. If there is anything you can provide to steer me in the right direction i would appreciate it. I am so confused with all the different, excercise/rep/set combinations, that it has really become quite frustrating. thank you in advance.

Mike

Equalizer said:
Big A,
You mentioned that you train 3 weeks on 1 week off on this program. Does that mean no lifting at all for that week? Any aerobics? I may be wrong but I assume you would cut back on the amount of food eaten during the week off?

I do NOTHING during those weeks off.

TxDB11 said:
Thanks for taking time to read all of this. It has been a very long while since i have seriously lifted. Would this program benefit me in any way being as how i have not lifted for an extended period of time? I read your post, and i must say that I am a little confused. I am not quite sure how i would apply your program to myself. I am 6'1" , and naturally a larger build. i have been working on the diet to drop fat, and i really want to focus on gaining strength and mass. I personally do not aspire to be completely ripped. I am 26, and I play both football and softball, and i honestly believe that developing my strength will allow me to progress further in my sports. If there is anything you can provide to steer me in the right direction i would appreciate it. I am so confused with all the different, excercise/rep/set combinations, that it has really become quite frustrating. thank you in advance.

Mike

If you gain mass, like this program will do to you, you will gain strength by default, and vice versa.

If you want to onlygain lots of strength (and of course mass by default), check out the powerlifting forum on this site. Tons of good training programs there for strength.

If you want to lose fat, check out my other Sticky thread here in this forum call 'Dieting and getting ready for competition'.

Testo^ said:
How would you say this program is compared to a DC program ?

To be honest, I have NEVER read any of DC's programs or training instruction posts. I heard that supposedly it's similar, but I have no idea.

Well, the difference is that in a DC program you train your body like this..

1.Chest\shoulders\triceps\back

2. Biceps\legs

3. the same as 1

This is 1 week and maybe the next week u do 2. in position 1 and 3.

But they do like 1 on some muscle groups and so on...

Big A,
Do you train the Stiff-Legged Deadlifts to failure on the leg workout day or are they only done with moderate weight? I ask because with heavy Squats performed earlier during that workout and then heavy Deadlifts performed on friday that seems like a lot of stress on the lower back during the week.

Equalizer said:
Big A,
Do you train the Stiff-Legged Deadlifts to failure on the leg workout day or are they only done with moderate weight? I ask because with heavy Squats performed earlier during that workout and then heavy Deadlifts performed on friday that seems like a lot of stress on the lower back during the week.

stiff deads are on wed as well, not on fri.

Big A said:
stiff deads are on wed as well, not on fri.

I realise they are on Wed. as part of the leg workout but you also have regular deadlifts on friday as part of the back workout. Do you take both of them to failure or close to failure or, do you only use the Stiff-Legged Deads for stretching out the hamstrings?

I guess my point was that if both are done until muscular failure, then your working the lower back to failure on Wed. and again on Fri.

Big A,
On exercises where you only have 1 warm-up set listed, how much weight do you use on that 1 warm-up in relation to your actual work set weight?

Equalizer said:
I realise they are on Wed. as part of the leg workout but you also have regular deadlifts on friday as part of the back workout. Do you take both of them to failure or close to failure or, do you only use the Stiff-Legged Deads for stretching out the hamstrings?

I guess my point was that if both are done until muscular failure, then your working the lower back to failure on Wed. and again on Fri.

Properly performed stiff deads will not put any stress on the lower back at all.

Equalizer said:
Big A,
On exercises where you only have 1 warm-up set listed, how much weight do you use on that 1 warm-up in relation to your actual work set weight?

You warm up with a weight that gets the blood pumping but without tireing the muscle at all.

bravo

big a your article is jaw dropping! you know your shit. i have not read a better article about training and exercise. i will put everything you have said to the test without gear and with. i will never train professionaly but just for me not for the looks i might get. its a self confidence thing. i hope you post more great articles like this. you ever think of writing a book man you could really make a big amount off self experience. well man great article thank you for letting us all read this it will help everyone not familiar to maximum muscle growth techniques.

jrmuscle said:
big a your article is jaw dropping! you know your shit. i have not read a better article about training and exercise. i will put everything you have said to the test without gear and with. i will never train professionaly but just for me not for the looks i might get. its a self confidence thing. i hope you post more great articles like this. you ever think of writing a book man you could really make a big amount off self experience. well man great article thank you for letting us all read this it will help everyone not familiar to maximum muscle growth techniques.

Thank you for that. There's two more articles that you might find interesting - they are both Sticky's here in this forum - 'Dieting and getting ready for competition' and 'Site Enahncing Oils (synthol) - a how to guide'

I simply don't have time for a technical book. I do have a book about my life coming out shortly though.

Big A said:
I simply don't have time for a technical book. I do have a book about my life coming out shortly though.

Whats the book going to cover? Will it be a bodybuilding book?

healthfreak79 said:
Whats the book going to cover? Will it be a bodybuilding book?

Everything in my life, including my bodybuilding experiences, no holds barred.

it must be a good read as I had 3 publishers fight for it ;)

Big A said:
Everything in my life, including my bodybuilding experiences, no holds barred.

it must be a good read as I had 3 publishers fight for it ;)

Have you had any time frame on the release date?

Let us know when it comes out Big A!!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
novi0jqz
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity