over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hair Loss Prevention

What do you guys prefer to use to prevent hairloss during cycle?

• Finasteride

Votes: 42 73.7%
  • Dutasteride

Votes: 15 26.3%

• Total voters
J Dermatol. 2005 Apr;32(4):243-7.
Topical application of ketoconazole stimulates hair growth in C3H/HeN mice.

Jiang J, Tsuboi R, Kojima Y, Ogawa H.

Department of Dermatology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo 113-8421, Japan.
Abstract

Ketoconazole (KCZ) is an imidazole anti-fungal agent that is also effective in topical applications for treating seborrheic dermatitis and dandruff. Recently, topical use of 2% KCZ shampoo has been reported to have had a clinically therapeutic effect on androgenetic alopecia. The present study was conducted with the purpose of quantitatively examining the stimulatory effect of KCZ on hair growth in a mouse model. Coat hairs on the dorsal skin of seven week-old male C3H/HeN mice were gently clipped, and either 2% KCZ solution in 95% ethanol or a vehicle solution was topically applied once daily for three weeks. The clipped area was photographed, and the ratio of re-grown coat area was then calculated. The results demonstrated that 2% KCZ had a macroscopically significant stimulatory effect compared with the vehicle group (p<0.01, n=10). Repeated experiments showed similar effects, confirming the efficacy of KCZ as a hair growth stimulant. Although the therapeutic mechanism of topical KCZ for hair growth is unclear, our results suggest that topical applications of the substance are useful for treating seborrheic dermatitis accompanied by hair regression or male pattern hair loss.

"Ketoconazole Shampoo: Effect of Long-Term Use in Androgenic Alopecia", Pierard-Franchimont et al, Dermatology 1998;196:474-477.

"...Left untreated, androgen-dependent alopecia progressively deteriorates. This was found in the AGA subgroup using the nonmedicated shampoo alone. In contrast, both present studies concur to show an unequivocable effect of a 2% KCZ shampoo on hair variables affected by AGA. Hair density and size, and proportion of anagen follicles were all improved. Although the number of subjects was limited in the second study, results obtained compare with minoxidil. It has been stated that medications capable of maintaining the existing hair population should be regarded as effective treatments for AGA. The present data suggest that KCZ should enter this group of drugs".

"Ketocazole as an adjunct to finasteride in the treatment of androgenetic alopecia in men".

Hugo Perez BS.

California College of Podiatric Medicine, 371 Columbus Avenue, 94133, San Francisco, CA, USA

Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) binding to androgen receptors (AR) in hair follicles is commonly accepted as the first step leading to the miniaturizing of follicles associated with androgenetic alopecia (AGA). Testosterone is converted to DHT by the enzyme 5alpha-reductase. Finasateride a 5alpha-reducase inhibitor blocks the production of DHT and is currently used to treat AGA. The inhibition is not complete but a reduction of DHT systemically and in the scalp is accomplished. Ketoconazole has been clinically shown to be effective in the treatment of AGA. In this paper, evidence is presented to support the hypothesis that ketoconazole 2% shampoo has a local disruption of the DHT pathway. It is proposed that using ketoconazole 2% shampoo as an adjunct to finasteride treatment could lead to a more complete inhibition of DHT and thus better treat AGA.

PMID: 14729013 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

b{Hair Loss Study Abstract: Ketoconazole binds to the human androgen receptor.}

Title
Ketoconazole binds to the human androgen receptor.

Author
Eil C
Address

Department of Internal Medicine, Naval Hospital, Bethesda, Maryland.

Source
Horm Metab Res, 24: 8, 1992 Aug, 367-70

Abstract:

Ketoconazole, an imidazole anti-fungal agent, has often produced features of androgen deficiency including decreased libido, gynecomastia, impotence, oligospermia, and decreased testosterone levels, in men being treated for chronic mycotic infections. Based on these potent effects on gonadal function in vivo as well as previous work in vitro demonstrating affinity of ketoconazole for receptor proteins for glucocorticoids and 1,25(OH)2 vitamin D3 and for sex steroid binding globulin (SSBG), the binding of ketoconazole to human androgen receptors (AR) in vitro was also examined. Ketoconazole competition with [3H]methyltrienolone (R1881) for androgen binding sites in dispersed, intact cultured human skin fibroblasts was determined at 22 degrees C. Fifty percent displacement of [3H]R1881 binding to AR was achieved by 6.4 +/- 1.8 (SE) x 10(-5) M ketoconazole. Additional binding studies performed with ketoconazole in the presence of increasing amounts of [3H]R1881 showed that the interaction of ketoconazole with AR was competitive when the data were analyzed by the Scatchard method. It should be noted, however, that the dose of ketoconazole required for 50% occupancy of the androgen receptor is not likely to be achieved in vivo, at least in plasma. Finally, androgen binding studies performed with other imidazoles, such as clotrimazole, miconazole, and fluconozole, revealed that in this class of compounds only ketoconazole appears to interact with the androgen receptor. Ketoconazole appears to be the first example of a non-steroidal compound which binds competitively to both SSBG and multiple steroid hormone receptors, suggesting that the ligand binding sites of these proteins share some features in common.

I've tried just about everything over the past 5 yrs but I've found a razor works best. Anyone in our line of work is bound to suffer significant hair loss imo.

I've used propecia over the years on and off. I go through phases where i'll use it daily and then take a break ( just laziness to get a new perscription or don't feel like spending the money on it ).

Funny thing is it makes me wonder if I TRULY need the stuff, since when i am off i keep the same set of hair.

The sexual sides can be an issue, where i would have weeks where sex was the last thing on my mind and libido down big time, and other times where it was fine. Most people i know on it suffer from sexual sides.

killed my libido after about a month or so and it stayed low for about 6 months afterward....never again!

[url=http://www.ibeautyz.com]Hi,My dear friend[/url]

Wow,Fantastic article,it's so helpful to me,and your blog is very good,I've learned a lot from your blog here,Keep on going,my friend,I will keep an eye on it,One more thing,thanks for your post!welcome to ÃÀÈÝ»¤·ôСÇÏÃÅ.

do any of the sponsors carry topical spiro?

also...this is strange but i've actually noticed way MORE hair loss in PCT than actually during my cycle. was on for about 16 weeks, normal hair loss for me (maybe even less than normal) and as soon as i start PCT i'm shedding like a madman. And no i wasnt on any long esters either. anyone have any similar accounts?

do any of the sponsors carry topical spiro?

also...this is strange but i've actually noticed way MORE hair loss in PCT than actually during my cycle. was on for about 16 weeks, normal hair loss for me (maybe even less than normal) and as soon as i start PCT i'm shedding like a madman. And no i wasnt on any long esters either. anyone have any similar accounts?

Aromasin?

Hits my hairline hard.

Zinc

It did the trick for me

Research Psychologist, Department of Clinical Psychology, Gaskell House, Swinton Grove, Manchester, M13, UK.

BACKGROUND: Nutritional complications following surgery for morbid obesity include both vitamin and mineral deficiency. Severe cases of zinc deficiency can lead to alopecia, diarrhea, emotional disorders, weight loss, intercurrent infection, bullous-pustular dermatitis and hypogonadism in males. Hair loss may occur after vertical gastroplasty (VG). METHODS: Diffuse hair loss occurred in 47 out of 130 patients who underwent VG. All patients had been routinely advised to take a multivitamin supplement, but 47 developed hair loss despite taking the supplement. These patients were then prescribed Zinc Sulphate 200 mg three times a day. There was no alteration in the vitamin supplementation. RESULTS: Arrest of hair loss and regrowth occurred in all patients. However, five patients reported recurrence of hair loss after stopping zinc. This loss was reversed within 6 months of recommencing zinc 600 mg daily. Ten control patients had no hair loss after gastrointestinal surgery. CONCLUSION: Significant hair loss occurred in about one-third of patients after VG, and was reversed by zinc supplementation.

PMID: 10731253 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher

Good info bro...

Topical spiro

I want to drop the 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors. Will liquid spiro all over the scalp at night and minoxidil 5 percent be enough? Is liquid spiro effective? I'm not sure but I think the inhibitors change my personality a bit. Making me a bit sluggish and depressed not sure. They definitely have kept my hair alive though.

I want to drop the 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors. Will liquid spiro all over the scalp at night and minoxidil 5 percent be enough? Is liquid spiro effective? I'm not sure but I think the inhibitors change my personality a bit. Making me a bit sluggish and depressed not sure. They definitely have kept my hair alive though.

I'm using the s5 cream 1-2 times a day (topical spiro), along with 10% minoxidil with 5% azelic acid once in the morning and once at night, and nizoral 2% from my doctor every other day and that combo seems to be working well for me with my test-e, Eq, primobolan cycle's but then again those are all pretty safe choices. I stay away from stuff like tren and mast now cus their both so harsh on my hair line, but wish i could run a short 6 week cycle but dont think i'm going to risk it. Personally when I ran the script of propecia I got from my doctor from beginning of summer (june) to about august 10th and stopped do to the possible side effects any one can get that i've found online, like FLOATERS (google it!) and plus the lose of sex drive I noticed when i was using it. I actually still have the the bottled prescription sitting on my desk with still probably 20 left. For now, I'm sticking to s5 cream (tropical spiro), 10% minoxidil with 5% azelic acid called Perfect image (found on amazon with over a hundred great reviews), and nizoral 2%. I suggest everyone try that if they haven't.

Could somebody PM me with a good place to get Nizoral 2%? I've found a couple websites, but I want to make sure I'm getting it from a reliable one (some of these places look a little shady). Thanks in advance!

I get mine on Ebay. The seller there will not require a script for the 2% which u need here in the U.S. Just make sure its 2%...more effective.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131