advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Has anyone here ever had MRSA or known anyone that has?

taz

Registered
im just curious about it to see if anyone here ever had it and what their experience with it was. MRSA and staph are persistent fears in a fight camp because of the obvious mixing of sweat and blood on occasion. i just want to see what an experience with MRSA meant for someone. thanks

im just curious about it to see if anyone here ever had it and what their experience with it was. MRSA and staph are persistent fears in a fight camp because of the obvious mixing of sweat and blood on occasion. i just want to see what an experience with MRSA meant for someone. thanks

ask IABADMAN... nearly died if im not mistaken

mrsa

My wife got it about 2 months ago it was very scary. The Dr. said she prolly got it from dirty $ she is a bartender the Dr. said someone who was infected either sneezed on some $ or it was on some $ that was passed and she has a paper cut on her finger. At first it looked like a brown recluse bite, a nasty liesion on her ear that kept growing. They put her on 3 diff. antibiotics at once for a couple weeks and 3 diff. ones after that, all pretty strong stuff, but it worked! This was especially scary for us as my wife had brain surgery last june and anything that happens around her head gets me very nervous!

WOW, holy crap. man your lucky. im glad it worked out safely for you

Near death experience for a buddy of mine.

dropped 100 lbs like it was nothing.

**broken link removed**

edit: wanted to add it was when he was shirtless doing an atlas stone, it went in his chest around his heart. crazy shit.

Last edited:
I had it about two years ago. Started as a small pimple on my thigh (many mistake the sore for a Brown Recluse bite). Looked like a small infected follicle. I popped it and the next day it was about the size of a quarter, hard and hot, with a center about the size of a sesame seed. Got my ass right to a doctor and they put me on Bactrim and Keflex.

It went away, but after about a month, I started with 3 more sores just like the first, and they came on fast. One was on my calf and I swear that shit penetrated to the muscle layer. It hurt to stand.

Back to the doc's and on the same meds. This time I went through a fanatical regimen of washing and disinfecting everything in my apartment, along with using Neosporin cream in my nose every day (the organism will reside in the nares even after antibiotics). I bathed everyday with an antibacterial soap (Hibiclenz), letting it sit on my skin for up to 5 mins before rinsing. I made a hand sanitizer from the Purell alcohol gel mixed with Tea Tree oil and used that stuff constantly.

Since then I haven't had any outbreaks, but I am wary of any pimples on my torso or legs.

Systemic MRSA infections (in the blood) often require hospitalization and IV vancomycin. Thankful I only got a cutaneous infection.

Yes imabadman went thru hell and back with his....i would definitely pick his mind on this subject

MRSA can kill you for sure. Its a form of staph that is medicine resistant. You have to kill off almost all of the bacteria in your body in order to kill it. (good bacteria included)

I am a tattoo artist and MRSA is a big deal in our business. That shit is no joke. If you are concerned about getting MRSA and you train MMA look for cleaning products that contains a tuberculocidal. If it kills tuberculosis it will kill MRSA. You can find sprays (Like Lysol I.C.) or wipes (like discide ultra) or even gallons of chemicals like Wava-cide

MRSA is no joke thats for sure... Some people don't really even notice a thing, and then on the other end, I have seen limbs sliced open and then allowed to first heal by secondary intention, coupled with a strong regiment of antibiotics...

Also, most of us have staph aureus on our skin, its when there is a break in the skin that things can become a problem...

I had MRSA a few years ago, scary shit. I was in the hospital when I got it, so I was quarantined. Docs and family had to wear biohazard suits when seeing me for a week. The meds were expensive, but F it, you gotta do it or die. It sucked, if you have it or think you do, get your ass to the dr pronto!!!

i want to thank everyone for their information and help. thankfully i dont have any sores other than the regular old ones that i am comfortable arent mrsa related. but i do worry with training mma and muay thai. i know i am anal retentive about being clean to the point of showering twice a day and tons of purell everywhere i go. but i dont know about anyone else. and that freaks me out.

i was nervous because i had a friend who told me he got mrsa and nearly died from it and he never had any sores. he said he just had really bad back pain tothe point he couldnt hardly stand without real pain. i do have that. granted, i do have a fusion in my lower lumbar from an accident and i have basically no discs in L4 and L5 from herniations. and i have recently started doing heavy deads again so this could be residual pain just not getting a chance to fully heal.

i dont know, i am a hypochondriac maybe but rather be safe than sorry.

thank you for your information. and if anyone else has more please feel free to post it up. i feel better about it all now. but im still going to the doc anyway to check

here in mi we lost a great bbr about 2 years ago, scary shit.

yeah its often mistaken for spider bites, like the recluse..ive seen some nasty cases of MRSA..the worst under the armpit of a bro i know,it ate some serious holes in him,it was nasty!!

I've had several experiences with it. The Defense soap and Athletic Body Care is great for preventing it. I had a guy get a mat burn below his elbow and it was not cleaned properly and he spent 10 days in the hospital and ended up with foot long scar on his forearm.

MRSA

In my experience as a registered nurse, MRSA is a daily thing in my world. It is a staph infection that is resistant to methicillan/oxacillan and can be hard to treat. IV Vancomycin is effective treatment for this bacteria.

The bacteria is commonly found on skin and in the nasal nares. Most of us come into contact with it very often. Good handwashing is the key in prevention of this bacteria.

It can be dangerous but the media has also made it a horror movie. My wife works as a BSN(working towards nurse practitioner) in a wound clinic, where she works with even harder to treat microorganisms.

This stuff is serious and if you have a wound that starts to show signs of infection and is not healing, get it checked out ASAP. There is effective treatment!!

So many of my patients have it, luckily I never got it. Although it is no joke, it is not as serious as the hype that once surrounded it imo.. but thats just me.

Had it in 2007. Had driven to Vegas from PA because I was staying for a few months. A few days before leaving I felt what I thought was like an ingrown follicle on upper leg below glutes. The day I was leaving it was getting worse and I thought about getting it checked out before hitting the road, but decided against it. It kept growing and was like a baseball and hot. Finally it was like 3AM and I started getting sicker and sicker and ended up pulling off in Golden,Co, middle of nowhere, finding an outpatient facility to have it lanced. They gave me the same spider bite possibility, lanced and packed it, gave me anti-biotics, and sent me on my way. It was growing back by the time I got home. They re-lanced, diagnosed it as MRSA, and got rid of it.

The thing is, I think it kind of stays in your system. I have no proof of that, but others I know have recurring infections, and when I'm occasionally doing cardio, get real heated up, I can feel it raising again at times, but then it will subside when I cool down. Strange, I think it may lay dormant and come back on people with lesser immune systems, and those I know who have it recurring lead kind of unhealthy lifestyles. That's pure conjecture on my part, but I don't think it leaves the system entirley.

Caught mrsa while in the fire academy. Two days before graduation i notice a spot under my arm (arm pit area) and let it go. Site gets very hot and wake up in the middle of the night and have my wife look at my arm. My under arm is bright red, has green shit coming out of it and very painful. We go to the er and the admit me. I spend 7 days in the icu with mrsa, by far the worst experience of my life. They had me on dilaudid due to the extreme pain and iv drugs. It was pretty close for a few days.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws