over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Having trouble with Hypoglycemia

A50#

Old School Moderator
Staff member
Registered
I've had this problem my entire life but as I've gotten older, it's getting more frequent and severe. I had no clue even what was going on until one day I bought a glucometer and began making notes. By blood sugar is never high but is dropping to around 50 in the mornings or middle of the day. Even after I eat I'm still getting them. I'm not taking anything at all but I am using some waximaize a few times per day. I have had some blood work done through my doctor for a metabolic profile so I will see if anything comes up there.
Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated.

i would go to the doctor asap. It sounds like you have diabetes.

Edit: Didn't see that you when to the doctor. He didn't check if you have diabetes?

I have those tendencies myself A50#. Like you, especially happens in the morning for me. My appetite in the first half of the day is enormous. If I don't eat, I crash. Do you think the waxi may be aggravating that by spiking your blood sugar only to drop too low? The only thing I have learned through the years is to control it by eating high protein, good fats, and complex carbs with plenty of natural fiber. Sometimes drinking too much coffee aggravates it for me too. I think that may be because it kills my appetite for a time then I find myself bombing because I have skipped eating.

I have the same problem, just like Brick said, first thing in the morning is the worst. I been eating like this in the morning and it has been working for me. 6am - 6 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 2 lbas, 2 slices of whole wheat toast, 6 oz. of 100% juice, then at 830am, I eat 1-2 cups of oatmeal, 2 scoops of whey, then usally I can go 3 hours. Later in the day, not as bad. I eat 6 meals a day, which will also help, and alot of fruit.

I have the same problem, just like Brick said, first thing in the morning is the worst. I been eating like this in the morning and it has been working for me. 6am - 6 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 2 lbas, 2 slices of whole wheat toast, 6 oz. of 100% juice, then at 830am, I eat 1-2 cups of oatmeal, 2 scoops of whey, then usally I can go 3 hours. Later in the day, not as bad. I eat 6 meals a day, which will also help, and alot of fruit.

That sounds almost exactly like what I eat. Except its a cup of black beans with the eggs and I add a tablespoon of peanut butter with my mid-morning oatmeal and whey.

Edit: Didn't see that you when to the doctor. He didn't check if you have diabetes?

thats not diabetes. diabetes is LACK of insulin which causes hyperglycemeia... not hypoglycemia

I have those tendencies myself A50#. Like you, especially happens in the morning for me. My appetite in the first half of the day is enormous. If I don't eat, I crash. Do you think the waxi may be aggravating that by spiking your blood sugar only to drop too low? The only thing I have learned through the years is to control it by eating high protein, good fats, and complex carbs with plenty of natural fiber. Sometimes drinking too much coffee aggravates it for me too. I think that may be because it kills my appetite for a time then I find myself bombing because I have skipped eating.

I'm wondering about the waximaize myself now. I'm using it PWO and another time later in the day. You think thats possible? I've been on a "see food" diet the last few days and have felt pretty good. This morning when I woke up my blood sugar was border line hypo and I ate a big breakfast and it went away.
Something that really bothers me though is these seem to hit me hard anytime I'm doing something real physical, like mowing the lawn. I guess I'm going to have to dramatically increase the complex carbs in my diet.

Be careful, that's dangerous.
Same thing happened to me recently, blood sugar was 24 according to paramedics who revived me with injection of dextrose.
I've never taken insulin and have been clean for 3-4 months.
Be careful. Carry sugar with you always and go see doctor.

I'm being checked for underlying conditions that could be causing the hypoglycemia. I was told by my doctor thyroid conditions may be culprit.

Blood sugar after fasting 12 hours @ doctors was 110

I'm wondering about the waximaize myself now. I'm using it PWO and another time later in the day. You think thats possible? I've been on a "see food" diet the last few days and have felt pretty good. This morning when I woke up my blood sugar was border line hypo and I ate a big breakfast and it went away.
Something that really bothers me though is these seem to hit me hard anytime I'm doing something real physical, like mowing the lawn. I guess I'm going to have to dramatically increase the complex carbs in my diet.

Might be worth dropping the waxi and substituting a complex carb and see how you do. Seems the complex carbs with a high fiber work well for me, like oatmeal. Keeps me even for a long time along with some protein.

its called hypoglycemia, low blood sugar.

it is NOT diabetes, its almost the opposite of diabetes.

i have this same problem too, i have never used slin. it happens when i'm on or off juice, while i'm on it occurs more often.

out of nowhere my blood sugar drops and i feel shaky and CRAVE carbs. i eat a buttload of simple sugars and problem fixed. i carry glucose tabs as well.

while in college i had a cool bio professor who had the same problem. we got to discussing it and i asked whether it was a hyper-secretion of endogeneous insulin, or perhaps hypersensitivity to your own insulin. he did not have an answer for me but agreed both were possible.

Might be worth dropping the waxi and substituting a complex carb and see how you do. Seems the complex carbs with a high fiber work well for me, like oatmeal. Keeps me even for a long time along with some protein.

I agree with Brick, since I put the Oatmeal in there, I feel 100% better.

Sounds like you are not alone, I myself have the same problem. I had a test done where I drank glucose on an empty stomach and had blood drawn every hour for 5 hours. It showed I crashed hard at the 1 hour mark and it slowly got better over the remainder of the test. They then wanted me to try eating more AM carbs and it helped, but not completely.
What I found is that when I was dieting for a show and eating very clean with no processed sugars and minimal fructose from fruit, I was symptom free. Even on low carb days I had no problems. Now fast forward to bulking cycle and I have some type of crash almost daily during the mid-morning. No slin has been used in this cycle as well.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear