over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Heart Test? Heart failure..

bhumik

Registered
Which ones are the best test for Heart function.. ?? I am getting chest pains, dyspnea and palpations but the EKG comes back normal.. But I want to make sure 100% everything is normal cause EKG is not 100%.

I am thinking of getting an Echo done. That should tell 100% right if there is a heart malfunction?? right?? But when you do an echo you are resting so will it still be able to pick up abnormalities that occur upon exertion.. Should I get a stress test done as well. ??
Nething else?? I was thinkig a blood test for B natiuretal peptide..

For people that have had minor heart failure,, What did the dyspnea feel like..? was it on every breath or was it only on some breaths (specially the deep ones)??

I don't have any heart defects other than a minor mitral valve murmur but I have had all 3 tests done. You are right, the EKG does not show much. A heart echo will show any enlargement, valve problems or any physical abnormalities. This is a very simple and easy test to have done but is pretty much just a physical picture. The stress test is the best for checking your heart's actual performance, but is the most involved and expensive. My test took several hours to complete. They will put a low level radioactive dye in your vein and "see" how your heart performs at rest as well as under physical exertion. You will be connected to electrical sensors much like an EKG. They can see any blockages and tell if your heart's electrical activity is correct during exertion (this can affect the mechanics of your heart contractions while pumping blood). My test involved periods on a treadmill getting the heart rate very high (checking my heart's electrical activity), dilating the blood vessels (checking for blockages), as well as chest scans at rest and also after exercise. You will get a very complete picture of your heart's performance with this test. Good luck.

Last edited:
Insurance should cover that stress test, right ?

Absolutely. Mine did. Most insurance companies would rather find a potential problem early if there is reason for concern and get that remedied before it becomes a catastrophic and very expensive problem.

Last edited:
Which ones are the best test for Heart function.. ?? I am getting chest pains, dyspnea and palpations but the EKG comes back normal.. But I want to make sure 100% everything is normal cause EKG is not 100%.

I am thinking of getting an Echo done. That should tell 100% right if there is a heart malfunction?? right?? But when you do an echo you are resting so will it still be able to pick up abnormalities that occur upon exertion.. Should I get a stress test done as well. ??

For people that have had minor heart failure,, What did the dyspnea feel like..? was it on every breath or was it only on some breaths (specially the deep ones)??

see a cardiologist,,,they will know what to do.

Just going to throw this out there...

I noticed in some previous posts you talked about some digestive/upper GI issues. Have you ruled out that the symptoms you described are not related to your digestive problems?
The reason I bring this up is there is a condition caused by gas pressure pressing on the Vagus nerve. This results in a false signal to your heart causing arythmias, flutters and all kinds of scary stuff that will make you think your having a heart attack when really it's nothing more serious than bad gas from your 4K calorie bodybuilder diet.

See your doctor right away and if you rule out heart failure, maybe bring this up.

By the way, what do your earlobes and cuticles of your fingernails look like? Notice anything unusual there?

BHuMik:

I agree with Brick totally, I think the stress test and the echo are necessary for a "complete" picture. I had an echo yesterday as I am exactly one year into a congestive heart failure episode. They no longer give me stress tests, but I request one as part of my yearly physical now.

BTW according to the media, my girlfriend, my mother, infact everyone EXCEPT my cardiologist my problems were caused by STEROIDS! LOL
Pekkerwood

Last edited:
Do you have any other symptoms?
How many pillows do you need to sleep with at night?

Hey man, umm i dont know, no other symptoms that i think.. Like i dont get edema anywhere, just need one pillow to sleep. It doesnt get worst while i lie down.. Infact it gets better when i lie down and i never wake up at night.. Also no coughing at all.

Maybe its just the insane amount of stress i am going through.. I have never been so stressed in my life

I can empathise.
There is no shame in seeking medical attention for an anti-anxiety med if thats what you think you need.

Hey man, umm i dont know, no other symptoms that i think.. Like i dont get edema anywhere, just need one pillow to sleep. It doesnt get worst while i lie down.. Infact it gets better when i lie down and i never wake up at night.. Also no coughing at all.

Maybe its just the insane amount of stress i am going through.. I have never been so stressed in my life

I suggest stoping all supplements and just train mildly with a perfect diet and brief cardio(walking),etc... until you get a more accurate test.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws