over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help for Beginners

On average how much water are you taking in?

I drink atleast a gallon a day of crystal light. Im really addicted to the fruit punch. It is so sweet tasting. As for just plain water, i dont drink much. During contest prep time, i go crazy with the crystal light and drink about 1.5 gallons along with diet soda and coffee. But i dont consume much plain old water..

During contest prep time, i go crazy with the crystal light and drink about 1.5 gallons

Is this relative to the amount of carbs you consume: increase carb intake = increase in water consumption?

Diet Advice

Alex,

I have started a diet routine about 1.5 weeks ago. I am 6"'3", 225 lbs at 11%bf. My goal is to move down to 6-7%bf.

06:30 Cardio 20 min
07:30 12 egg whites, 1 apple, protein shake
09:30 100g rice, 1 apple, protein shake
11:30 Red meat, salad (tomato, lettuce, cucumber), protein shake with 10g flax seed oil
12:00 Workout and 30 minutes of Cardio afterward with LBA's in between
13:30 Chicken or Fish , salad, 1 apple, protein shake
16.00 Chicken or fish, protein shake
19.00 Chicken or turkey or fish, salad, protein shake
20:30 Cottage cheese +and LBA's

Sunday is a re-feed carb day. I use the eat only when hungry routine 7 days a week.

Gear - 500mg/testE/week.

Any advice would help out a lot. Thanks Again Alex!

WildBB

Last edited:
Alex,

I have started a diet routine about 1.5 weeks ago. I am 6"'3", 225 lbs at 11%bf. My goal is to move down to 6-7%bf.

06:30 Cardio 20 min
07:30 12 egg whites, 1 apple, protein shake
09:30 100g rice, 1 apple, protein shake
11:30 Red meat, salad (tomato, lettuce, cucumber), protein shake with 10g flax seed oil
12:00 Workout and 30 minutes of Cardio afterward with LBA's in between
13:30 Chicken or Fish , salad, 1 apple, protein shake
16.00 Chicken or fish, protein shake
19.00 Chicken or turkey or fish, salad, protein shake
20:30 Cottage cheese +and LBA's

Sunday is a re-feed carb day. I use the eat only when hungry routine 7 days a week.

Gear - 500mg/testE/week.

Any advice would help out a lot. Thanks Again Alex!

WildBB

I would cut the shakes to one or two a day and get on get on a good thermo stack too.. Your diet is very low in carbs...If it is working ride it out. Personally i would do something totally different with your diet and cycle

Is this relative to the amount of carbs you consume: increase carb intake = increase in water consumption?

actually i drink allot of water because It curbs my appetite. The crystal light is sweet tasting and seems to satisfy my cravings for sugar and or food..There is no correlation with the carbs but my metabolism is running pretty high so is my appetite and I love to eat.. I just dont want to be fat. nobody does

I would cut the shakes to one or two a day and get on get on a good thermo stack too.. Your diet is very low in carbs...If it is working ride it out. Personally i would do something totally different with your diet and cycle

Thanks Alex for your comments!

I plan to add an ECA stack next week. How long should I run this diet routine (know if its working) before I should consider modifying?

This diet and cardio routine makes me crave food like crazy. If I am still hungry I have been adding more protein.

Motivation problem

Hi alex,

I have recently come into A problem when I get ready to work out.

I find myself staring at the curl bar/dumbell whatever trying to muster up the motivation to begin and when I do I will get through like two sets and want to quit.. I dont understand how I want to keep growing so bad but then it's like theres that little devil on my shoulder saying "That's enough, you can take A break, A few reps are enough...".

I work out at home so I am thinking this is the reason it is so convienent for me to quit after A few reps...

Should I be at A gym?

What do you think?

-SouthernStyle-

Hi alex,

I have recently come into A problem when I get ready to work out.

I find myself staring at the curl bar/dumbell whatever trying to muster up the motivation to begin and when I do I will get through like two sets and want to quit.. I dont understand how I want to keep growing so bad but then it's like theres that little devil on my shoulder saying "That's enough, you can take A break, A few reps are enough...".

I work out at home so I am thinking this is the reason it is so convienent for me to quit after A few reps...

Should I be at A gym?

What do you think?

-SouthernStyle-

From my experience, you'll be much more motivated at a gym. I use my home gym for times when i just cant make it to the gym, or need a break from the monotony of the same people/place. Usually after a week or two i want to get back to the gym.

Thanks Alex for your comments!

I plan to add an ECA stack next week. How long should I run this diet routine (know if its working) before I should consider modifying?

This diet and cardio routine makes me crave food like crazy. If I am still hungry I have been adding more protein.

I would run the diet as long as it is working, meaning give it some to start working but if you go a couple weeks with no progress, you should consider changing some things up. I would run the thermos for a about six weeks to two months and see how you respond. Then i would change things up.

Southernstyle: Mainevent took the words right out of my mouth.

Alex,

At some point this year I'm most likely going to use your services. Some stats: 5'7, 175lbs w/13-14% bf. I'm 26 and have been lifting for 8yrs now and sick of not going anywhere. In the past i've done the high protein low carb diets but always ended up flat and tired. Realistically speaking what type of prep would you recommend to get me into single digit bf and not looking flat but as full and vascular as my genetics allow. Mind you i will not be doing any contests but i do want to be in the best shape of my life just for me, thank you.

-Damian-

Alex,
May i know what's your thought on the use of microwave in cooking "protein source" like meat and egg?
**broken link removed**

Alex,
May i know what's your thought on the use of microwave in cooking "protein source" like meat and egg?
**broken link removed**

I really never thought about it. I only use a microwave to heat food, not cook it..

Alex,

At some point this year I'm most likely going to use your services. Some stats: 5'7, 175lbs w/13-14% bf. I'm 26 and have been lifting for 8yrs now and sick of not going anywhere. In the past i've done the high protein low carb diets but always ended up flat and tired. Realistically speaking what type of prep would you recommend to get me into single digit bf and not looking flat but as full and vascular as my genetics allow. Mind you i will not be doing any contests but i do want to be in the best shape of my life just for me, thank you.

-Damian-

Damian, i sent you a pm reguarding this.. It will not be a problem meeting your goals Im totally positive i can come up with a good plan for you to keep the fullness you desire and get shredded like you want.

You just have to be willing to give my method a go. I use a higher carb than most diet. It should be a nice change from the program you have done in the past. thanks for your interest in me helping you. alex

cardio

Hey Alex,

what is your opinion about precontest cardio, should it be done first thing in the AM or can it be done post work out in the afternoon or night?

Starting my diet very soon, San Fran NPC!

thanks bro,
Zomb131

Hey Alex,

what is your opinion about precontest cardio, should it be done first thing in the AM or can it be done post work out in the afternoon or night?

Starting my diet very soon, San Fran NPC!

thanks bro,
Zomb131

Guess what bro, we can talk more about it in person as I will be at your show. So for sure come talk to me. I will be helping at the registration and my wife shoots the show for MD sight.
To your question. I would try it all. I usuually do cardo after training. I believe with your hear rate already up high, you can burn a good amount of fat right after training.

Damian, i sent you a pm reguarding this.. It will not be a problem meeting your goals Im totally positive i can come up with a good plan for you to keep the fullness you desire and get shredded like you want.

You just have to be willing to give my method a go. I use a higher carb than most diet. It should be a nice change from the program you have done in the past. thanks for your interest in me helping you. alex

I am on this diet, dropped 7lbs. and drop alot of bodyfat, in 1 month. I have not drop any muscle, mostly of this is in my gut. I feel good and I am not hungry at all.

I am on this diet, dropped 7lbs. and drop alot of bodyfat, in 1 month. I have not drop any muscle, mostly of this is in my gut. I feel good and I am not hungry at all.

wow man. What more can i say than you probably are looking freaking great man. And feeling good about your progress.

That is great to hear. I was hoping things were coming along great for you bro. I mean, you started off looking good now you must be on your way to looking awesome man. Keep it up and drop me a line whenever you want. And send me some pics too if you are down for it.. let me give you my honest two cents worth bro! good to hear from you

wow man. What more can i say than you probably are looking freaking great man. And feeling good about your progress.

That is great to hear. I was hoping things were coming along great for you bro. I mean, you started off looking good now you must be on your way to looking awesome man. Keep it up and drop me a line whenever you want. And send me some pics too if you are down for it.. let me give you my honest two cents worth bro! good to hear from you

I will post pictures in 8-12 weeks, I just want to let all the newbies on this site know, Alex is a great guy and will bend over backwards for you. I will come over that grapevine to see you soon. Thanks, Alex, alot.

Thats why i want to go with Alex. Not only is he very knowlegeble but taking the time to offer advice on here and other forums really speaks a lot of his character. Anyway it wont be long before i contact you Alex, i cant wait :D .

Thats why i want to go with Alex. Not only is he very knowlegeble but taking the time to offer advice on here and other forums really speaks a lot of his character. Anyway it wont be long before i contact you Alex, i cant wait :D .

Hey looking forward to it. I really get into it. I take it personal. Since Im putting my name on helping you, i want to see you to look your best..and dont hold back on any info..

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear