Votes: 4 13.8%
  • All pre WO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All morning

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters

LiftAmongstGiants

Registered
Alright guys its been discussed over and over again but I'd like to get some final input before my "friend" goes on this long journey. HGH timing, take it before bed , in the morning, in the morning and at night, all PWO.. yada yada yada.. I'd like to take a poll and see which one people really prefer. Also if Hgh burns fat at low doses like 2 and 3 ius and possibly builds mass around larger doses how about this. M W F all 6 IUS PWO and T TH run your 3 in the A.M. and 3 in the P.M. Okay go ahead and let me have it.:sport-smi

Your post/poll doesn't really make sense. Are you trying to maximize fat loss or maximize mass gain? You split your dose up into 2-3 doses if you're going for fat loss and stack it up post-workout if you want mass gains.

Here's a quote from Mike Arnold on another board

"It depends on what your goal is. For fat loss, breaking your dose up into 1-2 daily doses, every day, works best. If mass & strength is your goal, you can get by with a larger injection 3-4 injects per week.

Why? GH works through 2 primary mechanisms...through GH molecule mediated activity and IGF-1 mediated activity. GH itself causes barely any growth, but is responsible for most of the lipolysis that takes place when using GH. Therefore, if you want to maintain lipolysis (lipolysis is when fatty acids are released from the fat cell) around the clock, you need to keep GH levels elevated around the clock...or at least for a significant part of each day. After an inject of GH, GH levels only remain elevated for about 10-12 hours and the return to baseline. By injecting GH only 3-4X per week with much larger dosages, you will get a big blast of lipolysis a few times per week, but no increase in lipolysis the rest of the time. Additionally, since the body can only burn so much fat at once, due to oxidation (fat burning) being the rate limiting step in the fat loss process, it does not make any sense to allow lipolusis to exceed the rate of oxidation. If that happens, all the fat which was released from the fat cell will simply be redeposited back into the fat cell. Since the body's ability to burn fat at any one time is limited, if the primary goal is fat loss it does not make a lot of sense to blast a huge dose of GH at once, especially if one has recently eaten a large meal and will be sitting on their ass, as it is unlikely that all that newly released fat will be burnt off for fuel. In essence, it is an ineffiicent use of fat release. Making matters even worse is that most people who use GH in 3-4X large dosages per week tend to use it post-workout, in order to amplify IGF-1 production and accelerate muscle growth. However, what are most people doing right after a workout? They are eating and relaxing, which is the last thing someone should be doing when trying to optimize the oxidation of newly released fat. In other words, when using GH in this manner, not only does it fail to take into consideration whether or not the body is primed to burn fat (such as evaluating current blood sugar levels and the current level of caloric expenditure), but the body is actually placed in an envitonment which is counterproductive to fat loss, as most BB'rs will be stuffing their faces and sitting/laying down, which means extremely elevated blood susgar and less calorie burning. That is hardly the ideal environment for burning newly released fat.

Now, when using GH to build muscle, administering it 3-4X per week in larger dosages is likely advantegous for the following reasons. One, IGF-1 levels are not maintained in the same way as GH levels. While GH levels may only remain elevated for 10-12 hours per inject, the IGF-1 which was produced by the liver as a result of that GH injection will be maintained for days! Unlike GH, which has a comparatively short active life, IGF-1 sticks around for a long time. So, by injecting GH 3-4X per week, you won't experience the wide flucuations in IGF-1 blood levels like you would with GH levels. In fact, by injecting GH 3-4X weekly, IGF-1 levels will not only be maintained inbetween injects, but they will continue to rise as the weeks go by. Therefore, there is no need to use GH multiple times per day when attempting to increase and maintain relatively stable IGF-1 levels. With IGF-1 being the primary muscle-builder of the two hormones, for those men who desire to increase mass & strength above all else, there is no need to focus on optimizing the lipolysis-oxidation process. Fat will certainly still be lost...just not at the same rate as a more frequent injection schedule. In addition, by injecting GH only a few times per week, the indvidual is less likely to form anti-bodies, allowing him to continue to use GH for a longer period of time (maybe permanently) without needing to take time off. Lastly, by injecting a large dose right after a workout, the large, immediate burst of IGF-1 resultant from that inject will help to accelerate the recovery & growth process at a time when it is needed the most.

While science is still trying to more figure out exactly how to use GH for growth purposes, we do know by real-world expriences that using GH a few 3-4X per week in larger doses appears to be at least equally effective for growth...and likely more so."

Great post ^^ but what do you think about my proposed cycle of trying to get mass out of it by doing m/w/f at 6 ius PWO and monday tuesday a maintence dose of 3 in the morning and 3 in the evening taking friday and saturday off? I realize you would still burn fat if you did it 3 times a week just PWO but I would think hitting those T/TH days would increase fat loss. Opinions?

It works, but it isn't optimal for either. I personally don't think anything less than around 50iu per week of hgh is going to do much for mass gain. Might as well just split up doses am/pm to keep the fat loss consistent.

I'm doing 10ius before bed M-F. But I'm doing a high enough dose and am old enough that I don't care about my nighttime endogenous GH pulse.

Okay well the thing is my Friend would never use it for just fat loss i mean damn theres way cheaper ways to do it than GH. Hopefully it will help the recovery after his cycle. But the main thing is that isn't it suppose to build new muscle cells?? Is there a certain amount you have to take for this to happen or does it happen regardless?

Well here you go and this should be the end of thread this came from Mr yates himself all in the morning.

Thanks very much for sharing this, nothuman. I love reading anything by Mike Arnold. Do you know where I could find any more articles or tid bits from him?

Here's a quote from Mike Arnold on another board

"It depends on what your goal is. For fat loss, breaking your dose up into 1-2 daily doses, every day, works best. If mass & strength is your goal, you can get by with a larger injection 3-4 injects per week.

Why? GH works through 2 primary mechanisms...through GH molecule mediated activity and IGF-1 mediated activity. GH itself causes barely any growth, but is responsible for most of the lipolysis that takes place when using GH. Therefore, if you want to maintain lipolysis (lipolysis is when fatty acids are released from the fat cell) around the clock, you need to keep GH levels elevated around the clock...or at least for a significant part of each day. After an inject of GH, GH levels only remain elevated for about 10-12 hours and the return to baseline. By injecting GH only 3-4X per week with much larger dosages, you will get a big blast of lipolysis a few times per week, but no increase in lipolysis the rest of the time. Additionally, since the body can only burn so much fat at once, due to oxidation (fat burning) being the rate limiting step in the fat loss process, it does not make any sense to allow lipolusis to exceed the rate of oxidation. If that happens, all the fat which was released from the fat cell will simply be redeposited back into the fat cell. Since the body's ability to burn fat at any one time is limited, if the primary goal is fat loss it does not make a lot of sense to blast a huge dose of GH at once, especially if one has recently eaten a large meal and will be sitting on their ass, as it is unlikely that all that newly released fat will be burnt off for fuel. In essence, it is an ineffiicent use of fat release. Making matters even worse is that most people who use GH in 3-4X large dosages per week tend to use it post-workout, in order to amplify IGF-1 production and accelerate muscle growth. However, what are most people doing right after a workout? They are eating and relaxing, which is the last thing someone should be doing when trying to optimize the oxidation of newly released fat. In other words, when using GH in this manner, not only does it fail to take into consideration whether or not the body is primed to burn fat (such as evaluating current blood sugar levels and the current level of caloric expenditure), but the body is actually placed in an envitonment which is counterproductive to fat loss, as most BB'rs will be stuffing their faces and sitting/laying down, which means extremely elevated blood susgar and less calorie burning. That is hardly the ideal environment for burning newly released fat.

Now, when using GH to build muscle, administering it 3-4X per week in larger dosages is likely advantegous for the following reasons. One, IGF-1 levels are not maintained in the same way as GH levels. While GH levels may only remain elevated for 10-12 hours per inject, the IGF-1 which was produced by the liver as a result of that GH injection will be maintained for days! Unlike GH, which has a comparatively short active life, IGF-1 sticks around for a long time. So, by injecting GH 3-4X per week, you won't experience the wide flucuations in IGF-1 blood levels like you would with GH levels. In fact, by injecting GH 3-4X weekly, IGF-1 levels will not only be maintained inbetween injects, but they will continue to rise as the weeks go by. Therefore, there is no need to use GH multiple times per day when attempting to increase and maintain relatively stable IGF-1 levels. With IGF-1 being the primary muscle-builder of the two hormones, for those men who desire to increase mass & strength above all else, there is no need to focus on optimizing the lipolysis-oxidation process. Fat will certainly still be lost...just not at the same rate as a more frequent injection schedule. In addition, by injecting GH only a few times per week, the indvidual is less likely to form anti-bodies, allowing him to continue to use GH for a longer period of time (maybe permanently) without needing to take time off. Lastly, by injecting a large dose right after a workout, the large, immediate burst of IGF-1 resultant from that inject will help to accelerate the recovery & growth process at a time when it is needed the most.

While science is still trying to more figure out exactly how to use GH for growth purposes, we do know by real-world expriences that using GH a few 3-4X per week in larger doses appears to be at least equally effective for growth...and likely more so."

before bed every night. Kiss.

I voted for AM and before bed because that was the best answer, but I truly think AM and early afternoon is the best answer.

I voted for AM and before bed because that was the best answer, but I truly think AM and early afternoon is the best answer.

I follow this too. I don't want to screw with my bodies on gh during sleep and only pin 4iu broken into 2 shots. However I am also running peps with one dose of iPam prebed

I follow this too. I don't want to screw with my bodies on gh during sleep and only pin 4iu broken into 2 shots. However I am also running peps with one dose of iPam prebed

Yeah, I think if you're at an age where your body is still giving you a good pulse at night it's best to keep pinning times away. But if you're older and not getting much endogenous hgh then nighttime might be the best to mimic your body's natural pulse.

Thanks very much for sharing this, nothuman. I love reading anything by Mike Arnold. Do you know where I could find any more articles or tid bits from him?

I agree his stuff is really great to read because he does such a good job explaining everything.

I would suggest searching for his posts (username: Mike Arnold) on the following boards:
Muscular Development boards
ironmagazineforums.com
and here (pro muscle)

Thanks! Will do :)

I agree his stuff is really great to read because he does such a good job explaining everything.

I would suggest searching for his posts (username: Mike Arnold) on the following boards:
Muscular Development boards
ironmagazineforums.com
and here (pro muscle)

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members