advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High test people, do you take DHT blockers?

ionian

Registered
People who do high test, do you take DHT blockers? Are they necessary for maintaining health (mainly prostate health) using high test? I thought that one of the pathways that testosterone works is through increased DHT

fuck no.
youll only get DHT sides if youre prone to it.
DHT is a huge part of the positives that testosterone gives.

Conversion rates to DHT are very low, and it only has 2x the affinity for the AR that test does, so no matter how much test you take, DHT levels will never climb high enough to contribute much at all. Taking a low dose 5-ARI is very reasonable IMO for hair loss and prostate reasons.

dht blockers have fucked up many people... well, at least finasteride and dutasteride.
some have zero libido YEARS after taking the stuff

Risk to benefit ratio for 5-alpha reductase inhibition is skewed in the wrong direction. It looks like a good idea on paper but is an inherently bad idea. Avoid 5-ARIs.

Rex.

dht blockers have fucked up many people... well, at least finasteride and dutasteride.
some have zero libido YEARS after taking the stuff

Very inaccurate, these are people who are well into male menopause and are on the edge of sexual dysfunction already.

Risk to benefit ratio for 5-alpha reductase inhibition is skewed in the wrong direction. It looks like a good idea on paper but is an inherently bad idea. Avoid 5-ARIs.

Rex.

I am one of the people who help spread this dogma in decades past, an increase in knowledge has changed my views.

Ive never had any ED issues and I am almost 40 y/o now. I have been taking proscar 1mg a day in aims to prevent the hairline receding any more than it is. Bad idea???

Very inaccurate, these are people who are well into male menopause and are on the edge of sexual dysfunction already.

wrong.
being in your early 20s with perfect sexual function UNTIL starting finasteride is not being "well into male menopause".

just read up on some forums online.
theres a myriad of people who got fucked up from finasteride and dutasteride.

If you are concerned with your prostate do not use high doses. I took finasteride for my hair , ended up stopping it because it hurt my libido pretty bad while on for a few months. .02 cents , don't use it

I am one of the people who help spread this dogma in decades past, an increase in knowledge has changed my views.

This person also believes that dose does not matter where probiotics are concerned and that small elevations in ALT/AST cause cirrhosis. Lesson? Be very wary of uneducated psuedoscientists.

Rex.

Ive never had any ED issues and I am almost 40 y/o now. I have been taking proscar 1mg a day in aims to prevent the hairline receding any more than it is. Bad idea???

The finasteride causes ED people are similar to the vaccines causes autism people. There is an absolute massive number of people using finasteride for hair and prostate issues. When you get this number of people using a drug, even a very small percentage who have side effects become a very loud voice, and then the "alternative" health people get a hold of it and go crazy. This is what has happened with finasteride. If you actually read the studies, and look at the statistics, you will see. I would gladly take the time to post all the relevant information, but the only people who need convincing clearly don't deserve it.

wrong.
being in your early 20s with perfect sexual function UNTIL starting finasteride is not being "well into male menopause".

just read up on some forums online.
theres a myriad of people who got fucked up from finasteride and dutasteride.

The problem is your source.

This person also believes that dose does not matter where probiotics are concerned and that small elevations in ALT/AST cause cirrhosis. Lesson? Be very wary of uneducated psuedoscientists.

Rex.

Wow, this is just a personal attack probably from an alt, mods should investigate this.

The probiotic attack is especially obscure and makes me laugh. That isn't exactly what I said, but you should know, bacteria reproduce, and probiotics don't need to be taken all the time.

Your liver enzyme comment is probably more retarded. What you don't realize is, the "normal range" isn't some magical number you are "safe" as long as you are in it. A very healthy person has liver enzymes in the teens most of the time. CHRONIC elevations outside the normal range are ABSOLUTELY dangerous, to say otherwise is uneducated.

While I cant speak for libido sides, i can personally say I had a horrible experience with Finasteride. I was doing .25 (may have been .5, i remember cutting the tabs in half to keep dose low) and experienced major depression during the 2 weeks i tested it. This was in the middle of a cycle and i had no real problems in my life to link the depression to. In fact I dont experience depression at all, except the last time i tried finasteride. Are you saying that finasteride did not cause it in spite of the fact it alone can be pinned as the source of the mood swing?

Not hating on finasteride, I wish i could take it because im prone to hair loss on high test but any drug that makes me feel like finasteride did is not something i want in my body

I just wouldn't do it - DHT isn't bad.

Just use trest instead if it is a concern.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear