over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Honest Opinions

MoCo

Registered
I've been working my ass off for the past year and a half - about a year and a half ago I was around 178lbs at 8-9% body fat. I have always had a passion for fitness but at that point decided that I really wanted to try and put on some size and potentially compete some day. My current weight in these pictures is about 210lbs. I still feel that I'd need to put on at least another 10-15lbs of LBM before I'd step on stage for the first time, but I just want to know what you guys think. Do I have some potential here, or should I give up on the thought of competing (I don't just want to get on stage, I'd want to do it to win)? Any particular weak points I should focus on, or should the goal just remain overall size?

Thank you, everyone, in advance for your input.

Attachments

• Mike - July 11.JPG
    Mike - July 11.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 723
  • Mike - July 11(2).JPG
    Mike - July 11(2).JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 633
HONESTLY

I've been working my ass off for the past year and a half - about a year and a half ago I was around 178lbs at 8-9% body fat. I have always had a passion for fitness but at that point decided that I really wanted to try and put on some size and potentially compete some day. My current weight in these pictures is about 210lbs. I still feel that I'd need to put on at least another 10-15lbs of LBM before I'd step on stage for the first time, but I just want to know what you guys think. Do I have some potential here, or should I give up on the thought of competing (I don't just want to get on stage, I'd want to do it to win)? Any particular weak points I should focus on, or should the goal just remain overall size?

Thank you, everyone, in advance for your input.

Yes, get your ass on stage! Will you win? Who knows til you try.

Just a couple more pictures. My girlfriend competes in figure and will be starting a prep in January - I think that my plan for now is to prep at the same time and maybe do a photo shoot with her after her show. If I feel that I can bring a competitive package to the stage, once I evaluate my physique once dieted down, maybe I will enter a contest last minute. But for now the plan is to prep for a shoot.

Attachments

• IMG_1851(2).jpg
    IMG_1851(2).jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 436
  • IMG_1854(2).jpg
    IMG_1854(2).jpg
    39 KB · Views: 426
  • IMG_1858.jpg
    IMG_1858.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 367
Yes, get your ass on stage! Will you win? Who knows til you try.

Golden advice. Compete for the thrill of competition. Since I finished wrestling in college, where I tried to win all the time, and very often did not,:(, I have participated in all kinds of athletic and physical challenges with no hope of winning, or even doing very well. But its fun!

Not competing is like being a driving range champ, and never stepping on the golf course. Then you are not a golfer. You practice the motions.

Golden advice. Compete for the thrill of competition. Since I finished wrestling in college, where I tried to win all the time, and very often did not,:(, I have participated in all kinds of athletic and physical challenges with no hope of winning, or even doing very well. But its fun!

Not competing is like being a driving range champ, and never stepping on the golf course. Then you are not a golfer. You practice the motions.

I get what you're saying - I just don't want to look stupid up there. A lot of times at shows you see these guys that clearly don't belong - I don't want to be that guy.

Dude, you have a girlfriend who does figure contests. You cant look stupid.;)

You have a solid physique. Nothing like regret in life to make you a cranky old man! If you aspire to compete then bloody do it. Reality is this, some will be better and many will be worse. The only thing that matters is you bringing your best possible to the stage. At least you wont die wandering.;)

Bro you will love being on stage. And no matter what, just stepping on stage will separate you from 80% of people who workout and claim to be bodybuilders. Not to mention the resources and knowledge you have here at PM.

Just go for it. A lot of people compare themselves to others before deciding to go onstage for the first time. Do it for yourself, and good things will come.

You have a decent frame, legs look good and will keep progressing as everything else does but at least they arent a weak point like on many.

Just go for it and enjoy the ride.

Ditto to all posts. You got a good base to start from. And you will have a great experienced support system as well. This will make your prep smooth. I am telling you man... This is why there are weight classes. If not, this would be a very limited sport. Good luck and keep is posted as prep starts!

Thanks guys maybe I'll give it a shot - I've been, and will continue, working with Alex (my girlfriend also worked with Alex for her previous prep and current off-season). Can't wait to work with him on the prep. I'll provide updates once that time comes.

Thanks again!

I get what you're saying - I just don't want to look stupid up there. A lot of times at shows you see these guys that clearly don't belong - I don't want to be that guy.

I agree and I'm the same way. But id still try to compete if its whats you want to do in life.

Definetely need to give a shot bro, you have a solid physique man from what i can see. Will definetely not look out of place, and you will never know till you get up there.

Its an amazing feeling coming out under those lights though i tell u that

Agree, go for it. Think you will enjoy the experience at the very least. And the potential is there to be competitive. Good luck.

Keep up the hard work bro, I hope to get there in a few more weeks.
:headbang:

u look great. you should really give it a shot if your interested.

Hey bro.. remember those are the guys that usually didnt prepare propper.. most often they dont have the guidance or discipline.. something is missing your working super hard and its all coming along real good man... you just need to keep focused... setting goals are what keep you working without missing a beat...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131