over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how do you bbers feel around contest time

bwilly

Newbies
How do you feel around contest time as compared to off season. Energy wise emotional wise and ambition wise.. That kinda stuff.. I myself feel amazing all day everyday but being kinda fluffy think it would be nice to be leaner in the summer.. I normally sit around 295-300 I cut one time to 265 for a fight. I looked good but i felt like poop. I wanna do it again but I don't wanna feel shitty. Does this feeling of drained lathargic happen to everyone or am I just a dumb meat head and did it wrong.. I used good diet and more of a cross fit type of train with a shit ton of clen..

its a roller coaster. One day you love how you look, others you want to say fuck it and just eat the head ache away. the cardio sucks. you hurt all the time. youre so irritable and bitchy that you'd piss a nun off. You walk past the bread and curse its delicious aroma.

That being said, on those good days, its great. When you take your shirt and pants off, with gnarly striations, vascularity, and full muscles that make people stare, nothing beats it. You KNOW youre going to win that show, because by god no one else is out working you.

Its a love/hate lifestyle. its not easy, but nothing great comes easy. If anyone else says otherwise, they havent done it.

its a roller coaster. One day you love how you look, others you want to say fuck it and just eat the head ache away. the cardio sucks. you hurt all the time. youre so irritable and bitchy that you'd piss a nun off. You walk past the bread and curse its delicious aroma.

That being said, on those good days, its great. When you take your shirt and pants off, with gnarly striations, vascularity, and full muscles that make people stare, nothing beats it. You KNOW youre going to win that show, because by god no one else is out working you.

Its a love/hate lifestyle. its not easy, but nothing great comes easy. If anyone else says otherwise, they havent done it.

Exactly what this guy said!

Well that doesn't fucking sound fun at all.. so what if i half assed it hahaha got to about where guys are about 7-10 weeks out. Haha how does that feel

Well right now I'm freezing ass cold and my knees are aching like a mofo because all that wonderful cushion and insulation I had before I started dieting are disappearing. I also flexed this morning and I'm pretty sure I lose an inch off my arms overnight. Dammit.

Well right now I'm freezing ass cold and my knees are aching like a mofo because all that wonderful cushion and insulation I had before I started dieting are disappearing. I also flexed this morning and I'm pretty sure I lose an inch off my arms overnight. Dammit.

Dude I feel the same way about my arms lol. One day I was feeling good about them, then I wake up and I look like Justin Beiber.

Fuck.

Well that doesn't fucking sound fun at all.. so what if i half assed it hahaha got to about where guys are about 7-10 weeks out. Haha how does that feel

Im not trying to be a dick when i say this, so try not to take it that way, but then youre not a bodybuilder. theres nothing wrong with that! if you just want to look good, thats great. seriously. bodybuilding isnt for everyone. it's like why anyone bust their balls at anything, because they love it.

"Passion, because any logical person would say it cant be done."

You can't spell dieting with DIEtING.

Not going to lie - last 4 weeks felt like absolute shit. It is a miserable feeling to be hungry, tired, drained, exhausted, etc.

Im not trying to be a dick when i say this, so try not to take it that way, but then youre not a bodybuilder. theres nothing wrong with that! if you just want to look good, thats great. seriously. bodybuilding isnt for everyone. it's like why anyone bust their balls at anything, because they love it.

"Passion, because any logical person would say it cant be done."
no offense taken because i know i dont want to be a bodybuilder. I just wanna lean up.. and asking if the lathargic feeling was the same as i felt before. I love whoppers and lifting heavy ass shit.. that isnt the bodybuilder life. I just wanna look good naked

no offense taken because i know i dont want to be a bodybuilder. I just wanna lean up.. and asking if the lathargic feeling was the same as i felt before. I love whoppers and lifting heavy ass shit.. that isnt the bodybuilder life. I just wanna look good naked

well then it comes down to your genetics. I stay around 12% year round eating basically whever i want. pretty mesomorphic. I stay strong at this bodyfat as well. I dont start REALLY losing strength until around 6-7% bf. Then i start feeling puny. from 8-10% is actually when i feel best. Im not carrying around so much extra ass, but im strong, look better, etc.

My advice, go with how you feel, eat clean when you can, dont rely on aas or other compunds to keep you lean. You'll simply burn yourself out. Hope this helps bud and best regards!

Last 4 weeks was pretty miserable, but in my head everyday I had this vision of what I wanted to look like come stage time, and my ambition and desire to succeed was probably at an all time high. Take the good with the bad. I loved it and will hopefully be stepping on stage again once I'm able to jump a weight class.

being a bobybuilder isn't for everyone but if you do the 12 week diet once without cheating you should find that you can stay leaner and harder than you did before hand even when you go back to eating shitty.

Every cut you get harder and its easier to maintain every time.

well then it comes down to your genetics. I stay around 12% year round eating basically whever i want. pretty mesomorphic. I stay strong at this bodyfat as well. I dont start REALLY losing strength until around 6-7% bf. Then i start feeling puny. from 8-10% is actually when i feel best. Im not carrying around so much extra ass, but im strong, look better, etc.

My advice, go with how you feel, eat clean when you can, dont rely on aas or other compunds to keep you lean. You'll simply burn yourself out. Hope this helps bud and best regards!

Thats perfect thanks.. ill shoot for 9-10% i can keep a clean diet so thats no problem just got to go back to only eating one whopper and only on sundays haha.. i really didnt want to lose to much strength so thats perfect.. and i never just rely on AAS to do the work.. i thank everyone for their input. Greatly appreciated

when eating for contest prep/maintaining leanness

i am basically hungry ALL the time (i eat when hungry so this is good but tedious lol). and about 20% more tired than usual. so i go to bed ealrier.
-JS

Around contest time there are days that are good and bad. I usually feel great and near the end feel horrible because of the ow carbs. I burn fast so my body does not do well low carbing. It is a total mental game. You have to have your head right, or you will never make it. It's all in the mind. And get a nutritionist or someone who knows this game to look at your changes. You will always feel like you look bad, but your eye is deceiving. Get someone else to look at you throughout the prep

Thats perfect thanks.. ill shoot for 9-10% i can keep a clean diet so thats no problem just got to go back to only eating one whopper and only on sundays haha.. i really didnt want to lose to much strength so thats perfect.. and i never just rely on AAS to do the work.. i thank everyone for their input. Greatly appreciated

Personally i think once you get to under 6 % bf is when you'll really know your body (diet wise) the longer you stay there if your a former fat guy i honestly believe that it's beneficial it will help to change your body's ways of where it stores food . Suck it up and do it once its tough but its worth it

So your saying halo is More toxic than tren I used to run 30mg for 8 weeks befor contest .never looked Better.
I don't even think tren compares.
I still have those 2.5mg stenox brand halos in the blister packs,
I bought before injury.
I wish I could use them .
I never had problems with halo.i used to get the ten mg halos by Upjohn I think that came in a bottle similar to cytomel those were the best

First few weeks you feel amazing because all your eating is healthy good clean food, your loosing weight and leaning out a bit and generally feel awesome.

then you get to 6-7 weeks out and the diet gets tougher and tougher, all you think about is how much your going to destroy that pizza on friday evening, and how your going to eat a tub of ice cream after the show is over, even when u dont like ice cream!

And then you get to 3-4 weeks out and your constantly thinking "do i look good" "am i still fat" "why arent my quads coming out" "am i training enough" "do i need this cheat meal" its like a constant battle and you have to keep having conversations with yourself re assuring yourself that your on track.

and then you get to 1 week out and everyone tells you there own special way of getting the water out of your system and carbing up. as people have said before, dont do anything mental if you look good 3 days out you will look good on stage, just keep doing what your doing.

then when your done with the show its like getting 500lbs of your back and you get to pig out like a mother fucker and scoff that 1kg of soft scoop ice cream with a whole bottle of chocolate sauce on top :D

well thats what it was like for me before my first show.

A friend of mine told me this before

If you look good in the gym, you're still fat
If you can achieve an erection, you're not ready
If you're not suicidal, don't expect to win

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member