over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How do you feel using Big A's diet?

scottswald

Registered
ok, i've never followed the Big A (500g protein/300g+ carbs) way of bulking.

I decided to give it a go last week, i was only on it for 2 days (had a fire 4 days ago so had other priorities since) but i seemed to feel really full (muscles not stomach) which i was not expecting.

I was just wondering how you guys seem to feel/look after trying Big A's bulking diet as opposed to other approaches?

Never knew he had a diet posted either.. i usually stick to ~350g protein and high carbs and decent healthy fats all while bulking.. i stay full as hell and feel awesome. Protein to grow, carbs to utilize more of the protein i consume and spare it, and healthy fats for overall health and feeling good.. works for me

Quoted from http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/articles-forum/1158-growth-principles-beginners.html

"DIET
VERY simple. Very important that you try to get as
close to 500g of protein per day. Easiest way to do
that is to have a whey protein shake in water with
every meal. Fats and carbs don't matter. Calories
don't count, macro nutrients (protein, fat, carb) do.
If you get to add fat on, just cut out the fats and
keep your carbs bellow 300g/day. That's all it is!
Very simple, but hard to stick to, so not many people
get results. On gear, the more protein you eat, the
more you grow. Is as simple as that. Gear maximises
protein synthesis."

He was, but I would let this slide because it is a legit question that I would like to hear some opinions on.

Well depending on whos intaking 500 grams protien and 300 carbs that may not bulk anyone.

ok, i've never followed the Big A (500g protein/300g+ carbs) way of bulking.

I decided to give it a go last week, i was only on it for 2 days (had a fire 4 days ago so had other priorities since) but i seemed to feel really full (muscles not stomach) which i was not expecting.

I was just wondering how you guys seem to feel/look after trying Big A's bulking diet as opposed to other approaches?

I did too and it made a huge difference I can tell you

that many carbs just makes me fat.

i do 300 protein 150carbs 120 fat
i eat all my carbs after my workout.

2 times a week i will do 300 grams for carbs a 1 day of cheat sunday

i tried all those carbs never want to be that fat again.

for a 180-200pounds guy with bodyfat at 14+ with a normal metabolism
it will be to much.

diet does not have to be complicated. Big a's philosophies on eating is pretty dam similar to dantes. Why? well simply because it works. The main reason why steriods build muscle is through a much greater absorption rate of protein and without that protein you would be wasting the gear and your time. But this goes for natural or someone on gear, just for the person on gear should be increasing protein intake more than when they are off.

try to get 1.5- 2 times your bodyweight in protein. You need carbs and healthy fats and if you start gaining to much fat well you should lower the carb intake.

All working out provides is a stimulus of breaking down muscle fibers, working out does not build muscle. Food and nutrition is what builds up the muscle. Eat big grow big :cool:

I try to follow the BIG-A diet, but damn its hard to drink that many shakes in one day. Makes my toilet trips more frequent.

:(

In a bulking enviorment I think there should be less protein and more carbs and healthy fats.

..well lets suppose the individual is much larger, 500 grams protein and 300 grams carbs may actually not be enough to put a person positive in the calorie column.
Thats about how much protein I take in and 300 grams is what I take in on my low carb -carb up days, off season I eat closer to 6-700 grams.
I know the diet is intended for a beginner but just the same it is not a one size fits all.

..well lets suppose the individual is much larger, 500 grams protein and 300 grams carbs may actually not be enough to put a person positive in the calorie column.
Thats about how much protein I take in and 300 grams is what I take in on my low carb -carb up days, off season I eat closer to 6-700 grams.
I know the diet is intended for a beginner but just the same it is not a one size fits all.

keep in mind this is in "growth principles for BEGINNERS"

it is designed to get new guys in that direction

keep in mind this is in "growth principles for BEGINNERS"

it is designed to get new guys in that direction

Yes I understand, and stated it in my post.

This is a great thread thx for posting. pers i cant eat that many carbs either but been working on getting my body more used to them. sux i am cutting now so only able to hit like 1g of pro per lb of BW but when i start a slow bulk later this year im going to 1.5g and see how it treats me. I will be on cycle too then.

Yes I understand, and stated it in my post.

Sorry man, didn't mean to quote you the first time lol. Was going to leave a different reply on that and forgot to unquote it.

I loved that diet I often give the same diet to people and tell them read!.lol.

I gave it a try for awhile soon after coming to promuscle and it wasn't for me. BigA is a huge dude and not everyone can handle 500 grams of protien a day. I was shitting about 5 times a day and constantly had to go to the bathroom and had non-stop gas all day long.

Also the amount of drugs it takes to synthesize 500 grams of protien into muscle tissue is probably alot, a good portion of that 500 grams is probably just wasted. I am up to about 300-400 grams of protein a day and my digestion is used to that but when I bump up it takes it awhile to adjust so I think it takes time to get up that high.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws