advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How do you guys change your cals when time off from gym.

Thebigone

Kilo Klub Member
I plan to take a week off to kick my prescription adderal habit. I find I'm needing more and more and I've only been on it for 2 years so now is the time to quit. I know the first week I will be exhausted so I'm going to use more caffeine and try to sleep this whole weekend. I may throw some medium intensity cardio in. After a week if I can I'll train maybe 3 days that next week light high rep and just battle through the tiredness. I have humanofort and a ton of other supps to help adrenals recover. I'm staying on 500 test with gh and peptides so I doubt I'll loose any muscle. I was dieting on 3000 cals so I'm wondering how much I should lower the cals and ill prob go low carb high protein high fat which is the opposite of what I normally do. Thanks

Last edited:
If you are going to use stims while kicking the adderall habit I would use clen and ephedrine tabs. That will make for a smoother landing than caffeine alone. I think you are psyching yourself out here a bit and going to make it much worse than it actually will be. Are your estrogen levels and so forth in check? And how many mg did you get up to? It's always good to do a washout period with this drug and then you can be resensitized some that way you don't feel like you have to continually increase the dosage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

High protein and high fat is the smart way to go. I'd also lower cals by 200-300 to help with the inactivity and staying lean. As your current caloric intake is already dieting, you shouldn't need to lower too much

Last edited:
If you are going to use stims while kicking the adderall habit I would use clen and ephedrine tabs. That will make for a smoother landing than caffeine alone. I think you are psyching yourself out here a bit and going to make it much worse than it actually will be. Are your estrogen levels and so forth in check? And how many mg did you get up to? It's always good to do a washout period with this drug and then you can be resensitized some that way you don't feel like you have to continually increase the dosage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I take Adex as well and my blood work is usually test being around 1400 or so and estro in the 20-30's. Yes I know a lot of this is mental. I don't want to use clen as clen actually makes me tired. I was thinking about ephedra but it's technically in the ampetamine family which is what I want to avoid. I may use a little mondafinil the first week with caffeine/pre workout drinks to see how I feel. I may just not take the week off and just train feeling tired and train with less intensity to give my mind and body a chance again at training without any form of ampetamine's.

I take Adex as well and my blood work is usually test being around 1400 or so and estro in the 20-30's. Yes I know a lot of this is mental. I don't want to use clen as clen actually makes me tired. I was thinking about ephedra but it's technically in the ampetamine family which is what I want to avoid. I may use a little mondafinil the first week with caffeine/pre workout drinks to see how I feel. I may just not take the week off and just train feeling tired and train with less intensity to give my mind and body a chance again at training without any form of ampetamine's.

Easy for me to say but I'd just quit it cold turkey and avoid all stims including caffeine for at least a month. Or at the very least, taper off.

If you have time off from work just sleep the adderal addiction off all week. NyQuil helps a lot and anti diarrhea meds. Benzos will limit the suffering if its bad. Good luck! Food won't be much of a concern the week you withdraw but afterwards your body will crave sugar and carbs like crazy to replenish what it's missing in terms of serotonin and dopamine. Just feed the body what it craves until you feel heathy. Don't sweat bodybuilding for a couple weeks. Heal up first, then get back into the lifestyle.

I go very low carbs on non training days.

If you have time off from work just sleep the adderal addiction off all week. NyQuil helps a lot and anti diarrhea meds. Benzos will limit the suffering if its bad. Good luck! Food won't be much of a concern the week you withdraw but afterwards your body will crave sugar and carbs like crazy to replenish what it's missing in terms of serotonin and dopamine. Just feed the body what it craves until you feel heathy. Don't sweat bodybuilding for a couple weeks. Heal up first, then get back into the lifestyle.

I take lexapro which increases serotonin so I assume I won't have issues with that and I'm always on .5mg cabergoline 2x/wk which increase dopamine so I should be fine on that end I would assume? I am also prescribed 200mg lamictal and 5mg ability for mood disorder so I'm not sure in those effects of serotonin and dopamine.

What's really odd is even though I have been on adderal for about 2years I only got the appetite loss the first month but after that there was no change in appetite or carb cravings. And what's also odd is my heart rate is higher on it and significantly higher during cardio(like 155bpm with mild elliptical) yet I burn fat equally as when I was never on it.

Last edited:
1 week i wouldn't worry about droping cals at all. I've hardly trained in 6 months ate take out been off gear and still didn't get fat. (back on it now and recomping fast)You won't do any damage in a week. Plus imo its bettet to focus all your mental energy on kicking the adderal. Mental energy wasted worrying about diet during this week will just add to you're woes. Treat you yourself, kick the habit then hit it hard. Calorie deficits when kicking an addiction not good imo. If i was kicking any addiction I would go very high carb low fat to keep serotonin levels up or just say fuck it and eat what I want when I want but still focusing on carbs

Last edited:
Everytime I miss the gym I wind up eating bad.thats why I try not to unless my body tells me different

A week off is definitely enough to gain fat for most people if diet is bad. Not everyone has the same metabolic rate.

Haha I've made this mistake a few times in my life.

Yup sadly I also speak from experience. I'm actually taking two weeks off to heal my shoulder now and making sure my diet is spot on

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws