advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much money would you need to retire?

There is no "magic number"

Unless you mean a number so high that you could invest in fed bonds and have an income stream that met your needs; but that is pretty unrealistic.

Really though, this is not at all a simple question and the answer depends on so many things. For someone that is fairly young, I don't think you can accurately determine what your expenses are going to be in "retirement," as it is difficult even for someone older.

The key is developing a passive income stream though. Dividends are fine, but there is still a lot of risk involved, even with 'established' companies. Real estate is great if you have any kind of "handyman" skills because you can use a lot of leverage (provided you have good credit) and your rents will rise with inflation.

One thing is for sure--it takes a lot more than most people think!

TM

By the time I retire, ~15 million. 24 right now, but with the insane costs of healthcare and a very uncertain SS future, I'll be ok with a nest egg of that size.

Yo bro,

I'm 29 and I have been trading since I was 18. After seeing the way the Fed is printing money, I would base your figure in something other than USD. Try basing your needs in gold, or in hard assets like real estate that will appreciate and throw you a cash flow. Unless you are willing to dedicate years of your life to learn trading, I would not look at it as a dollar figure, because most inflation numbers are BS. At least you're thinking in the right direction. 15m goal is a good start, and you can do it easily with steady determination. Start the compounding in your favor now! :D

If your mortgage isn't paid off, then this is where the "depends on which state you are from" comes into play.

glad you mentioned it
don't wanna retire, as someone said earlier

I would consider making now investments that would assure me a good retirement

Some of these numbers really shock me with how log they are, what type of life style/annual asset stream do you guys expect to live off with such small initial foundations?

Some people in the USA could live comfortably with a lot less. You just have a higher cost of living. ;) I don't have to retire since my job I don't really need to do anything physical at all. I just direct people, as long as my brain functions I can do for a very long time. I am planning now just too have a steady $3000 a month to move out of the country. You be surprised how they would called that rich in other countries.;)

Some people in the USA could live comfortably with a lot less. You just have a higher cost of living. ;) I don't have to retire since my job I don't really need to do anything physical at all. I just direct people, as long as my brain functions I can do for a very long time. I am planning now just too have a steady $3000 a month to move out of the country. You be surprised how they would called that rich in other countries.;)

I completely understand cost of living. Lets say if person X needs 500K, how long do they intend that money to last them? Will they be living off a percentage or earnings or withdrawing directly from their pot? This is honestly something I know absolutely nothing in regards to.

With that 3,000 a month though would you be renting an apartment or purchasing a home?

Trust me I know! You would be amazed what $20 can buy you in Rural Somalia! haha

didn't give it much thoughts, but indeed depends on the cost of living in each country. IMO 5000 k/month is decent.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear