over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How to cut and keep muscle.

01dragonslayer

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
The goal of a cut is to obviously get as lean as possible, but most bodybuilders would also like to retain as much muscle mass as they can during a cut. Therefore, cuts should NOT be aggressive, and bodybuilders should shoot for a 0.5 – 1.0% drop in bodyweight every week in order to maintain lean mass. Use the steps on the graphic with your own bodyweight to determine your cutting deficit. If you’re not used to using pounds, multiply your bodyweight in kg by 2.2 to get to pounds. I’ll go into macronutrient recommendations over the next few days to give more insight on how to create this deficit.
-
▪️ Source: Helms, E. R., Aragon, A. A., & Fitschen, P. J. (2014). Evidence-based recommendations for natural bodybuilding contest preparation: nutrition and supplementation. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 11(1), 20.

I like to cut for 6 months. Slow and steady. I have done it quickly in 7 weeks and looked great but it required a lot of drugs and a lot of cardio.

Different strokes for different folks. I find it very difficult to lose muscle, even on very low calories, just as long as my protein intake is sufficient. I now use a more aggressive approach. Not only are the physical changes dramatic in a short period of time, it's...a short period of time. Fuck being in a deficit for six months. Some guys lose muscle a lot more easily, but for those who don't, slow cutting is not the only way to get to where you need to be.

Aas, dnp, gh, ephedrine, nicotine, high protein low carb low fat

No cardio

Reduce volume to increase weights

Eating in a deficit sucks. I'd rather lose a little muscle and go big on the diet/cardio for shorter periods. I am definitely not saying eat unhealthy but 6 months at low calorie is a challenge and honestly a lot of work
Vacations and holidays happen. I like to plan my cut around times when I go out of town ect.

Aas, dnp, gh, ephedrine, nicotine, high protein low carb low fat

No cardio

Reduce volume to increase weights

Yep, this.

A lot of you probably don't even need the AAS to hang on to muscle; I don't. Your body can handle a lot more than you think it can before it starts becoming seriously catabolic, at least I think most can. Know when to pull back and eat at maintenance for a week or two and know when to refeed. You'll shrink (fat) before your very eyes.

Aggressive cuts have the advantage that it's easier to maintain the diet when the goal is closer.

Very simple. Hormones, high protein and hard training. Gradually lower carbs/fats over time.

My intake for today. Only on TRT 100 mg cyp every 3.5 days. I do around 1200 calories in cardio per day. I walk about 4-5 miles for work. Currently 5'7" 191 lbs. 15%. 40 yrs old. Shooting for 12% before trying to go 500 cal surplus for a couple months. Don't compete never will. Summer goal is 8-10%.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191009-182034_Samsung Health.jpg
    Screenshot_20191009-182034_Samsung Health.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 346
I think you'd do fine with that, but no adding a multi or anything? I know most probably don't do much, but I take one, anyway, when I start lower calories.
People think that if you have an active job, you don't need cardio. It doesn't hurt unless it's just plain excessive. Eventually, your total daily energy expenditure already includes all your walking that you do every day. It pays to do extra cardio on top of that if you're trying to lose fat.

Last edited:
I think you'd do fine with that, but no adding a multi or anything? I know most probably don't do much, but I take one, anyway, when I start lower calories.
People think that if you have an active job, you don't need cardio. It doesn't hurt unless it's just plain excessive. Eventually, your total daily energy expenditure already includes all your walking that you do every day. It pays to do extra cardio on top of that if you're trying to lose fat.

Yeah I do add a multi just keeping track of calories with the Samsung app helps me a bit. Always on the run lol.

This shit is better than Netflix... :food-:mil

Yep, this.

A lot of you probably don't even need the AAS to hang on to muscle; I don't. Your body can handle a lot more than you think it can before it starts becoming seriously catabolic, at least I think most can. Know when to pull back and eat at maintenance for a week or two and know when to refeed. You'll shrink (fat) before your very eyes.

Don't need the aas. You got jokes. Most people that actually get lean ramp up the aas so they can cut at a moderate pace and gain muscle. If you're on aas bulking and go off cutting what do you think is the first thing to happen?

Man thats not a lot of food. I get you do a lot of exercise but I think protein should at least be 1gram per lb of bodyweight. I prefer 1.2 grams per lb. I don't believe in metabolic damage, but at a certain point you can cut calories to an extreme and your body is going to preserve energy regardless.

Also, I think the only way you can get from where your at to where you want to be, you need to have your diet and meal frequency on point....especially without drugs. Personal opinion, but I believe the best way to lose weight is to cycle carbs and macros depending on the day and activity.

For example, if you wanted to get leaner but build better shoulders. I would eat your carbs on this day, space out your fat to blunt glucose levels, and eat frequent small meals. On days your more sedentary eat in a larger deficit while adding in berberine, green tea, garlic, cinnamon...gdas ect. This is all my opinion and just what works for me and a handful of others I know. I'm sure you will get a difference of opinion because everyone is different to one degree or another.

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
20mg test and 10mg Tren ED upon waking
2iu hgh ED upon waking
1mg CJC/dac every 3rd day
45-60 minutes cardio every morning
Intermittent fast 18-20 hours/day first meal 6pm
train weights mid-afternoon full body 1-2 sets per body part
I am not a bodybuilder any more. I can drop 5 pounds per week like this and hold muscle pretty well

200-300mg tren a week goes a LONG way to spare muscle under harsh deficits.

2iu hgh ED upon waking
I am not a bodybuilder any more. I can drop 5 pounds per week like this and hold muscle pretty well

I’ve never done cjc/dac but an old school coach I had recommended this almost exact setup for cutting and maintaining. My aas doses were higher but it will definitely drop the fat and takes it from places that are what I consider the hardest for me to lose it.

2iu hgh ED upon waking

I’d ditch the intermittent fasting and do frequent small meals to keep the metabolism going. Like throwing wood on a fire. It burns hotter.

I can drop 5 pounds per week like this and hold muscle pretty well

Unless someone has ALOT of fat to lose I don't see how that is possible unless you are referring to just a few weeks. There is definitely no magic number but 5 pounds per week is a lot. Many would risk losing muscle if they lost that much weight each week. Although again things are different if they have loads of fat to lose. Everyone is different and some people are 10 and others 100 pounds over their goal weight but most don't go down too much. When I cut I tend to not lose more than approx 20 pounds so if I lost that much I would be done in 4 weeks. Many do like to do things fast on here and with a high protein (low fat and carb) diet one could lose fat fast and maintain muscle. Many love to use dnp for this very thing as well.

I guess it all depends upon someones goals. Many can do extreme depletions and lose loads of fat fast then they load back up. Like JJ posted I generally prefer a longer more gradual process (although more like 3-4 months and not the 6 he posted). I like the others things in your mix and all are great for maintaining muscle in a deficit. Although I would personally bump the tren dose slightly (20-30mg).

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131