over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How to know when you are too fat

tazzie

Registered
There has been a lot of discussion about how you should look offseason.. some people say, when you cant see your abs, you are too heavy..
some say, when you can't see your serratus and intercostals, you are too fat..

The problem is that varies too much from person to person.. for instance, I have abs even at 12% bodyfat... so here is my take on simplyfying things... here we go:

When you stop looking better with your clothes off than with them on, you know you need to start dieting again

I wonder what this guy's take on that is.

Attachments

• coleman_1.jpg
    coleman_1.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 1,019
or this guy:

Attachments

• shawn.jpg
    shawn.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 958
Tazzie.... I agree...when your a bodbybuilder and cant really take your shirt off in front of people and feel pretty good.. I think its time to tighten up...

If your a competitor and have to diet down to lose 30 plus pounds your just making things hard on yourself as well.. But in my opinion... if your a bodybuilder people should not question the fact.. they should see it and know you are one.

Tazzie.... I agree...when your a bodbybuilder and cant really take your shirt off in front of people and feel pretty good.. I think its time to tighten up...

If your a competitor and have to diet down to lose 30 plus pounds your just making things hard on yourself as well.. But in my opinion... if your a bodybuilder people should not question the fact.. they should see it and know you are one.

Which is why I am BUSTING my ass right now

There has been a lot of discussion about how you should look offseason.. some people say, when you cant see your abs, you are too heavy..
some say, when you can't see your serratus and intercostals, you are too fat..

The problem is that varies too much from person to person.. for instance, I have abs even at 12% bodyfat... so here is my take on simplyfying things... here we go:

When you stop looking better with your clothes off than with them on, you know you need to start dieting again

Its all personal choice bro. Some people think %12 is too fat. I personally think those people are crazy as %12 i feel is the perfect bodyfat to have most of the year to add muscle and still be very very healthy. It also depends on your bodytype. IF your an ectomorph you will always stay leaner so its easy for those people to say you should be single digits year round, but if your anything but an ecto i'd say %12-%16 is a good offseason range where you are still healthy. I also agree with what Alex said. If your gonna walk around saying your a bodybuilder you should be able to take your shirt off at any given time, but most bb'ers have major self esteem issues, so even if someone is like 260lbs at %12 they could feel they look worse than a fat guy so its hard to tell. bottom line, its all personal choice. I also think the bigger you get its better to stay leaner. Reason being, weight regaurdless if its muscle or fat is not healthy. If your a 200lb bb'er and you can get away with being %16ish or so and still be very healthy but once your around 250+ you should try to stay leaner as all that weight plus water plus fat is not healthy at all.

Ronnie and Shawn in those pics are too fat to guestpose, but not too fat for a bodybuilder at the offseason, they could b leaner but it´s not that they are fat as cows... (Kamali an JOJ actualy guestposed fat as hell, too fat for guest pose and for a bber offseason)

Ronnie and Shawn in those pics are too fat to guestpose, but not too fat for a bodybuilder at the offseason, they could b leaner but it´s not that they are fat as cows... (Kamali an JOJ actualy guestposed fat as hell, too fat for guest pose and for a bber offseason)

I bet they are still less than %10. When your that massive when you retain water it looks much worse. They retain extreme amounts of water and thats why they look that way. Its not fat is bloat. Shawn you can tell is carrying more fat but its still mainly water. You know when its fat when you see guys like Kamali and Brewer and Priest take it too far.

can you post an offseason pic of kamali or brewer?
BTW - the reason for this post is a friend of mine just started dieting for a show.. I asked him to take his shirt off an pose, but he was too embarassed cause he wasnt in good shape... so I was like WTF? If your too embarrased to take your clothes off, maybe you shouldnt have gotten so damn heavy!

I'm always too fat.

The challenge is that unless you get down to contest condition then when fall comes and you start working on putting on new muscle starting from around 12% by the time the new year hits you are up to 20%.

Each year I get a little leaner in the spring and this results in being a little less fat in the winter but unless you get down to 4 or 5% in the spring I really can't see how you can put on any decent amount of muscle without getting a wee bit fat.

If you go out jogging and hear someone applauding, but when you turn around there is nobody there .... You might be too fat.:D

I am 6'4 350 right now and around 19-20% and i look better than alot of the other guys i see ay lower bf.Its depends on your body.

And this is the reason i decided to work with Alex. I couldn't even tell i used to be a bodybuilder, so i know that noone could. This is why its time to pay my dues again and learn to love cardio morning and night

Note to self: Never let yourself go again

i myself actually strive for a thicker build... i personally wanna always be around 9 10 percent..... i don't compete, don't plan on competing... so to me i see no point in getting that lean... i like the look of being massive and holding a lil water compared to shredded.. but thas just me

I always want to be leaner and more muscular...there is no reason why you cant build muscle weight and get leaner too. Its a hard and delicate process to learn, but once you dial it in, then it is what it is...just like anything else youre disciplined to do. Im learning how to really chow down when the body is primed for it...then Ill slow down when my body tells me to (satisfied hunger wise and my need to eat as frequently slows down). As your food intake goes up, your muscle fill out and your leverage and weight goes up. At the point when your calorie needs top off, you can eat accordingly or adjust hormone supplementation without gaining any fat and maintain your lean mass. Your body changes its needs all the time....daily....it cycles in weird ways. Learn your body first by getting lean, then make fine adjustments to continue progression.

And this is the reason i decided to work with Alex. I couldn't even tell i used to be a bodybuilder, so i know that noone could. This is why its time to pay my dues again and learn to love cardio morning and night

Note to self: Never let yourself go again

all the hard work is paying off as you know the end result will yield wonderfull results... then it becomes maintinence... like it has been for me.. a way of life.

No one should ever question if your a bodybuilder.....

One should look at you and know you are one!

Also remember even if you are %15 or %16 and your still big as fuck like 250+ the only people who can tell your b/f is on the higher side are other bodybuilders. %99 of the population would have no clue and just think, jesus that guy is huge.

You have to find what works for you.

In my experience, the guys who are worried about losing their abs in the offseason are the guys who stay in the same weight class year after year after year.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131