over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Humulin-R vs Novolin-R , differances

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I reciently started using slin in my off season growing plan and got a bottle of Novolin-R rather than Humulin-R because the humulin was more than doublethe cost and they are SUPPOSED to be interchangeable.

What i have found is that the Novolin seems to come on a little faster and hang around a little longer compaired to what i felt the last time i used Humulin.

Now if i take my shot (Novolin) in the truck and walk into the gym , stretch and warm up then start sipping my drink (15 min or so after the shot) i can feel a little bit of the shakes and i sweat a little more for the first 20-30 min of my workout till i've gotten down most of my drink. I've also noticed that where the Humulin seemed to have cleared my system after close to 5 hrs the novolin seems to still be their at the 6 hr mark.

Im not saying that one is better than the other just wanted to point this out for guys that may be swapping from one to the other because it seems that Wal-MArt is only carrying the Novolin , or at least in my area.
BUT
As always guys strating out with slin or comming back to it need to be conservitive at first and assess their dose and needs

Great informative post Gunny.

Thanks for sharing this - I was considering Novolin as well purely for cost purposes (Humilin-R is readily available to me but the price is high for sure). Humilin-R is so accurate for me that I can set a stop watch at 30 minutes and 2 hours for carb times.

Last edited:
I've been using it as well. Just the other night, about 5 hours after injecting, I started going hypo,and it was after I had 250+ carbs. It shocked me.

I havent noticed it kicking it sooner though. But I usually dont wait long after I inject to start drinking my shake.

Thanks for sharing this - I was considering Novolin as well purely for cost purposes (Humilin-R is readily available to me but the price is high for sure). Humilin-R is so accurate for me that I can set a stop watch at 30 minutes and 2 hours for carb times.
Same here. I can sit back and know exactly when it's gonna hit. I like being able to do that so I can time the carbs

I reciently started using slin in my off season growing plan and got a bottle of Novolin-R rather than Humulin-R because the humulin was more than doublethe cost and they are SUPPOSED to be interchangeable.

What i have found is that the Novolin seems to come on a little faster and hang around a little longer compaired to what i felt the last time i used Humulin.

Now if i take my shot (Novolin) in the truck and walk into the gym , stretch and warm up then start sipping my drink (15 min or so after the shot) i can feel a little bit of the shakes and i sweat a little more for the first 20-30 min of my workout till i've gotten down most of my drink. I've also noticed that where the Humulin seemed to have cleared my system after close to 5 hrs the novolin seems to still be their at the 6 hr mark.

Im not saying that one is better than the other just wanted to point this out for guys that may be swapping from one to the other because it seems that Wal-MArt is only carrying the Novolin , or at least in my area.
BUT
As always guys strating out with slin or comming back to it need to be conservitive at first and assess their dose and needs
Both are exactly the same just different brands. The (R) is for regular insulin. Humalog and novlog are the same for fast acting insulin hey are just different brands

Both are exactly the same just different brands. The (R) is for regular insulin. Humalog and novlog are the same for fast acting insulin hey are just different brands

Yes in theory they are supposed to be the same as novo disk made novolin-r to be the generic counterpart to humulin-r. However, like all other drugs/medications, not all generics are created equal to their brand counterparts and many people report different views and results from brand vs. generic. I tend to believe Gunny on this one.

Yes in theory they are supposed to be the same as novo disk made novolin-r to be the generic counterpart to humulin-r. However, like all other drugs/medications, not all generics are created equal to their brand counterparts and many people report different views and results from brand vs. generic. I tend to believe Gunny on this one.

True...I was just going on personal experience. I'm diabetic so my insurance changes every year last year the covered novolog this year humalog, they have worked exactly the same for me, but again everyone is different

True...I was just going on personal experience. I'm diabetic so my insurance changes every year last year the covered novolog this year humalog, they have worked exactly the same for me, but again everyone is different

Of course bro. Personal experience and science are needed to get an accurate assessment of all medications.

the hosp my girl works out all uses nov-r... probably for cost purposes due to sheer volume of cost if went brand name... but if a major local hospital is ok for generic use it cant be too much variance... is it possible the nov-r you got was just possibly due to being a fresher batch than your previous slin which possibly could have degraded enuff over time if uve had it long enuff... since a 10ml vial has potential to last a loooooong time

The Walmart in my area quit carrying Humulin and switched to novolin. She didn't know why.

BUT

Your working a little to close to the edge with the prep load before doing slin. I would increase the amount of protein and carbs your doing an hour before the shot. For you to be feeling any symptoms from the slin you have a little lag going on in the window.
Priming your blood with carbs and nutrients before doing the slin is important to results as well as not experiencing symptoms.
Load before, during and after for best results.
I use Humalog(shorter window) and pin just before workout and after. I load as I advised and never have symptoms. I also have dinner about an hour after workout.
Good luck

CG

Your working a little to close to the edge with the prep load before doing slin. I would increase the amount of protein and carbs your doing an hour before the shot. For you to be feeling any symptoms from the slin you have a little lag going on in the window.
Priming your blood with carbs and nutrients before doing the slin is important to results as well as not experiencing symptoms.
Load before, during and after for best results.
I use Humalog(shorter window) and pin just before workout and after. I load as I advised and never have symptoms. I also have dinner about an hour after workout.
Good luck

CG

Agreed. I always have a small shake 10 minutes before I inject and then 30 minutes later when I hit the gym I start drinking the big one. You want those nutrients in the bloodstream when the slin hits so it can start shuttling them to the muscles

I just wish I could obtain either one. Where I live its a pain in the ass.:banghead:

threads a year old... Gunsmith is a friend of mine off forum and is taking care of business... My prayers are with that warrior...

this thing got bumped by this MatthewPogs clown...

Last edited:
threads a year old... Gunsmith is a friend of mine off forum and is taking care of business... My prayers are with that warrior...

this thing got bumped by this MatthewPogs clown...

How is he doing and what happened with him??!?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear