over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I have shitty genetics...

hellraiser27

Registered
I have been told that I have shitty genetics and that I should just face the facts. I'm 42. Maybe I'm too old and I should just throw in the towel.

Attachments

• new.JPG
    new.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 2,414
  • body8.jpg
    body8.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 6,291
  • side12.jpg
    side12.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 1,808
  • tricep.jpg
    tricep.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 8,959
  • forearm.JPG
    forearm.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,578
So long as you have no ambitions of taking the Sandow, looks like you have awesome genetics for your weight class.

I have been told that I have shitty genetics and that I should just face the facts. I'm 42. Maybe I'm too old and I should just throw in the towel.

Man thats a shitty deal! I would HATE looking like that at 25 yrs old let alone 42. :rolleyes:

Real solid bro! I'll kill to keep my fitness at that level at 42 years young.

what the hell ya talking about?? you look good bro. we all dont have those ronnie coleman genetics, so wtf can ya do

WTF are you talking about...throwing in the towel?! Fuck what other people say and think! Do what YOU want and what makes YOU happy, brutha! Truth be told you look great for a man of ANY age. Keep up the good work and keep the faith.

is that a tat of brett micheals??????j/k

i wouldnt say bad genes

Thanks,
I was being a smart ass. I was saying that to some haters on the board. A few have said I need to face reality.

I really appreciate the compliments! It means alot to me.

I plan on being even bigger and better this year!

So long as you have no ambitions of taking the Sandow, looks like you have awesome genetics for your weight class.

Also, forgot to mention, that I would hate to see you tuck tail and leave this site. You seem to always have something positive to say to people, and you have some good ideas and pointers from time to time.

I try to spend my time around people who will help build me up rather than those who just want to tear people down. ::tar-wars

Take some of those negative comments for what they are worth. You DO look great! Just remember that this board hosts a lot of jaw-dropping mass-monsters...so one may not have the same values as someone else here.

However, you really look good!!!

You look good, solid and fit, I'm sure that most 42 year olds in general would love to look like that. I'm sure that's why your personal training business does so well. Keep it up.

wtf????????????????

whenever someone says genetics aren't there, throw it in, etc.
I say loud and long fu*%@)(*@)&^@%% you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad:
This sport/hobby/obsession is not about anything except maxing out your own personal genetic gifts.
Make the most of what you have and you are a Champion by any standard.
I really hate to hear of anyone getting told to give up.:mad:

Anyone who advises that kind of thing is missing the point entirely.

The Florida Bodybuilding Scene

HR,
Looking forward to meeting and seeing you on the circuit this year. I hope you do well.

hellraiser,

You look great. I don't believe i ever said you have shitty genetics, we probably have about the same chance at winning the sandow though.

Keep up the awesome work, i seriously hope i look that good at 42.

Good job.

You have better genetics then me

HellRaiser, I may be wrong but here is my take on what your are thinking.

You got caught up in that genetics thread and it pissed you off. That's fine.

Your pictures do look good. In those you are lean, yes. Nice work. :)

I fall into the same boat you are in actually. For my height I don't look too bad at 275lbs. I've worked hard at it for a long, long time. I just turned 44 and have loved bodybuilding since I watched Arnold and Franco compete on television in 1973.

I just wanted to paint a picture for you, so that you don't think I am one of those guys who is attempting to discourage you. I sure as hell am not going to quit lifting. No way.

On the other hand I am not delusional. I stood next to Gunter Shliercamp and I weighed 292 lbs. The biggest I'd ever been. He was maybe 10 pounds heavier that day. So should I have walked away thinking to myself..."If I just gain that 10 more pounds I'll be as good as Gunter?" Not in my dreams, HellRaiser!

This is where you are misunderstanding and getting pissed off for no reason on the genetics debate. I will NEVER look like Gunter does. I may end up being a bigger, more muscular version of myself if I don't get injured, ate enough, rested enough and took enough drugs, but I won't look like someone with great genetics for bodybuilding. I've been muscular since I was young. People always told my dad, "that kid of your sure is getting built" way before I even lifted. So I would say my genetics are average or a little above. I am the average guy who lifts and strives to make the best improvements possible.

So what does this have to do with you? I look at your pictures and see a lean guy who is 42 and lifts weights. You do look great and I don't think ANYONE is telling you that you cannot build YOUR body.

However, do I think you are the next Lee Priest? No. Do I think I am the next Gunter? No. Do I need to get my feathers ruffled about it? No, I just need to be realistic if that was my goal to stand next to Gunter Shlierkamp! lol.

So build your body as best you can, but don't get too pissed off if the description you get on here is "fit for a 42 year old." :)

I hope you are hearing that I am saying I consider myself to be in the same genetic situation as you are. I am NOT hacking on you.

I wont say I agree with you on the whole "Gentetic Fiasco" that's spreading like a grass fire and is pretty "Obnoxious and Sope Opera-ish" by now....................................

but I will say you have a very respectable physique who's maximizing what God's given you and seem to be a very dedicated Bodybuilder who has a true love of the sport.

Genetics to be a pro? No. Genetics to be in the top percecnt for a 42 years old, you bet. How many guys are in the shape you are for 42, not many. Most of the men are fat with big guts. So, keep your chin up and know you look good!

You got caught up in that genetics thread and it pissed you off. That's fine.

Your pictures do look good. In those you are lean, yes. Nice work. :)

I fall into the same boat you are in actually. For my height I don't look too bad at 275lbs. I've worked hard at it for a long, long time. I just turned 44 and have loved bodybuilding since I watched Arnold and Franco compete on television in 1973.

I just wanted to paint a picture for you, so that you don't think I am one of those guys who is attempting to discourage you. I sure as hell am not going to quit lifting. No way.

On the other hand I am not delusional. I stood next to Gunter Shliercamp and I weighed 292 lbs. The biggest I'd ever been. He was maybe 10 pounds heavier that day. So should I have walked away thinking to myself..."If I just gain that 10 more pounds I'll be as good as Gunter?" Not in my dreams, HellRaiser!

This is where you are misunderstanding and getting pissed off for no reason on the genetics debate. I will NEVER look like Gunter does. I may end up being a bigger, more muscular version of myself if I don't get injured, ate enough, rested enough and took enough drugs, but I won't look like someone with great genetics for bodybuilding. I've been muscular since I was young. People always told my dad, "that kid of your sure is getting built" way before I even lifted. So I would say my genetics are average or a little above. I am the average guy who lifts and strives to make the best improvements possible.

So what does this have to do with you? I look at your pictures and see a lean guy who is 42 and lifts weights. You do look great and I don't think ANYONE is telling you that you cannot build YOUR body.

However, do I think you are the next Lee Priest? No. Do I think I am the next Gunter? No. Do I need to get my feathers ruffled about it? No, I just need to be realistic if that was my goal to stand next to Gunter Shlierkamp! lol.

So build your body as best you can, but don't get too pissed off if the description you get on here is "fit for a 42 year old." :)

I hope you are hearing that I am saying I consider myself to be in the same genetic situation as you are. I am NOT hacking on you.

Yeah I hear you. The title of this post started out as sarcasm from some other recent thread. Don't worry. My feathers don't ruffle nearly as easy as you think.
Of course I am realistic. I will never be a big guy.

I do apreciate your words man!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity