advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I need to know how did he qualify for the USA's......

He's a bantamweight. Usually at state level shows, that class is relatively small. As long as he placed top 2 at a national qualifier (like a state show), he is qualified for any national level show.

In his particular case, he placed 2nd in the bantamweight class at the 2007 San Francisco BBing Championships.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, no offense to the guy, but anyone who would step on any bodybuilding stage - much less the USA championships - with that kind of physique, well, is just not right upstairs. :confused:

I'm sorry, no offense to the guy, but anyone who would step on any bodybuilding stage - much less the USA championships - with that kind of physique, well, is just not right upstairs. :confused:

there's a guy in much worse shape who does the State Championships here EVERY YEAR. i realize that's not a pro qualifier, but similarly, you've got to wonder...did he lose a bet? i think that's taking "doing it for yourself/personal satisfaction/for the challenge" to a whole other level.

there's a guy in much worse shape who does the State Championships here EVERY YEAR. i realize that's not a pro qualifier, but similarly, you've got to wonder...did he lose a bet? i think that's taking "doing it for yourself/personal satisfaction/for the challenge" to a whole other level.

That is exactly what I was thinking as I sat there and watch this guy at prejudging and the finals. Yes this is definitely taking it to another level. I think he may have been tricked!!!

I saw that guy during weigh ins. Well during the meeting they announced that if you do not do the mandatory photo shoot for the Overally winner on sunday you then won't get your Pro card. Well this guy after went up to one of the officials and asked him to repeat what he said. He then told him well I should clear my schedule then in case I win and have the shoot to do. The official said uhhhh yeah you should. When he walked away the official looked at me and another guy and said "I just didn't have the heart to tell him." LOL.

I remember I guy back east, that had no physique what so ever, and did the most hilarious posing routine. We use to call him Red Fox, because of his bright colored hair. Well, the year was 1986, I went into a local show(that I won) and he entered it too. When we were back stage, he came up after the prejudging to tell give me congrats, because I look the best out of all. I talked too him, for a few minutes, and he turned out to be one of the best guys. He did these shows, because it made him feel good, and to be a part of the show. By the way, he got more applause then alot of competitors, because he was entertaining, and they loved him. Some guys realise they will never win, but like to be a part of the excitement. I learned from this experience.

By the way, I personally would not enter a show, unless I thought I was competitive, but to each his own.;)

I talked too him, for a few minutes, and he turned out to be one of the best guys. He did these shows, because it made him feel good, and to be a part of the show. By the way, he got more applause then alot of competitors, because he was entertaining, and they loved him. Some guys realise they will never win, but like to be a part of the excitement. I learned from this experience.

By the way, I personally would not enter a show, unless I thought I was competitive, but to each his own.;)

Same with our local guy...most of the crowd finds it entertaining, and he genuinely is having a great time. And I'm with you 100% on your last statement. It takes all kinds, and only I have to live up to my own standards (high compared to some, yet too low for others).

Last edited:
I remember at the E-CUP in 2002 there was a SUPER HEAVY on stage and he was about 18% body fat...weighing in at 285lbs...since there was only 3 SH, he took home 3rd place...people were laughing while he was posing...I said in a very loud voice: I don't see anyone of you up there in your posing trunks...the people around me stopped laughing. I then said maybe he is handicap or has a disability and he is getting up there for some motivation. Anyways, come to find out he was up there because he had lost 210lbs and felt GREAT about himself. they interviewed him on stage after he was done posing.

I remember at the E-CUP in 2002 there was a SUPER HEAVY on stage and he was about 18% body fat...weighing in at 285lbs...since there was only 3 SH, he took home 3rd place...people were laughing while he was posing...I said in a very loud voice: I don't see anyone of you up there in your posing trunks...the people around me stopped laughing. I then said maybe he is handicap or has a disability and he is getting up there for some motivation. Anyways, come to find out he was up there because he had lost 210lbs and felt GREAT about himself. they interviewed him on stage after he was done posing.

great post. you never know what anyone else had to go through to get where they are.

He's been at the 3 cali shows I competed in a few months ago. Nice enough guy, but don't look at his feet - icky! He seems like a normal guy and probably just likes being up on stage.
There are a couple of other guys that get up there that aren't in such good shape and i think they are mentally slow but are proud of their own achievements and their families are there to support them.

I know it's easy to judge people at first, but we all have different experiences, backgrounds, motivations in this sport. I guess I would just want to ask him what his are.

He's been at the 3 cali shows I competed in a few months ago. Nice enough guy, but don't look at his feet - icky! He seems like a normal guy and probably just likes being up on stage.
There are a couple of other guys that get up there that aren't in such good shape and i think they are mentally slow but are proud of their own achievements and their families are there to support them.

I know it's easy to judge people at first, but we all have different experiences, backgrounds, motivations in this sport. I guess I would just want to ask him what his are.

CSlim,

That sounds like a nice conversation to have while relaxing in the hot tub and giving him a relaxing, congratulatory foot massage...

;)

-S

I've seen him compete in about every show i've been to in the past four years. That includes shows in phoenix, and in cali. He definitely gets around. Not sure what his story is, but he asked another board member for spare change in the bathroom following a cali show last year. Must spend all his money on entry fees;)

What's funny about this is......

If he is traveling and doing all of these shows, he probably has money and enjoying retirement, while my tired ass is still working a 9 to 5.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear