advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

IJBB Episode 233: Justin Shier Olympia Qualified After 4 Shows EVER!?

MR. BMJ

Kilo Klub Member / Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer

Stated he got up to 270-274# before dieting down to 222# stage weight.

Here are the time stamps:
0:00 intro
1:00 Pre-show talk
2:50 Enter Justin Shier
7:15 Justin’s off season to prep
10:00 bad gear in prep
13:30 dealing with discomfort
15:40 finding the right gym
22:00 hardest part of the prep
26:45 Would Justin over diet?
30:00 Where does Justin see himself at the Olympia
34:30 Training Partners
39:00 The influence of Justin’s training style
44:40 Farm Life - Growing Herb
54:00 Business Advice
1:05:50 Most impactful Pro to Justin
1:08:40 Best Olympia
1:15:45 Relationship Advice

Justin is getting too much hype.

44:40 was interesting

At 10:00 in Shier talks about having fake and / or underdosed gear during his prep and how Matt Janesen hooked him up with a new source and his progress took off.

People seem to be forgetting that Lunsford turned pro, won his first pro show, and got 5th at his first mr. Olympia in like.. one weekend lol

People seem to be forgetting that Lunsford turned pro, won his first pro show, and got 5th at his first mr. Olympia in like.. one weekend lol
Of course, but what Justin did was still very impressive.

The future is bright for the Open Division in the IFBB...Hadi is old(er) but looks really tough to beat, I feel like Derek is knocking at the door...hard. You've got Nick, and some other up-and-comers really making the future of the sport exciting, at least in my meaningless opinion.

The future is bright for the Open Division in the IFBB...Hadi is old(er) but looks really tough to beat, I feel like Derek is knocking at the door...hard. You've got Nick, and some other up-and-comers really making the future of the sport exciting, at least in my meaningless opinion.
Hadi is 35. That’s the prime of a bodybuilding career these days.

I've heard a few guys saying Hadi can no longer stay at the top but I don't see why. The top guys have become closer to his structure and he has shape and density no one else has.
To me, he is the most undeserving Mr. Olympia of all time. Looks to me like he got that win off of being extremely popular in a region of the world that has a lot of bodybuilding fans.

To me, he is the most undeserving Mr. Olympia of all time. Looks to me like he got that win off of being extremely popular in a region of the world that has a lot of bodybuilding fans.
1980 Arnold
1981 Franco
Chris Dickerson
Brandon Curry
Shawn Rhoden

That’s the name you pick for most undeserving? Why?

1980 Arnold
1981 Franco
Chris Dickerson
Brandon Curry
Shawn Rhoden

brandon and shawn are not undeserving mr olympias they were both the best out of the competitors who were on stage

1980 Arnold
1981 Franco
Chris Dickerson
Brandon Curry
Shawn Rhoden

I take Curry for the win on that but I agree I think the IFBBs desire to be global helped the last 2 Mr.Os

brandon and shawn are not undeserving mr olympias they were both the best out of the competitors who were on stage
I actually agree on Brandon. I included him because he’s typically regarded as one of the worst Olympias ever but in that lineup, I think it was deserved.

I had Phil beating Shawn in 2018 pretty easily but I think they had a point to prove there.

in the last olympia hadi won because he deserved to win not because they want to be global, same goes for ramy in 2020, 2019 brandon won but it coulda gone either way between him and hadi, that doesn't make him undeserving. 2018 same deal with shawn and phil's gut, phil got away with it in 2017 against ramy where i think ramy shoulda easily won but they gave it to phil, they did not give him a pass in 2018 though.

Many questionable olympias that could have had different results,1980 arnold and mentzer, 81 platz and franco, 1994 and 96 shawn ray and dorian, 97 nasser and dorian, 2001 jay and ronnie, 2007 jay and victor martinez, 2012 and 14 kai and phil, 2017 ramy and phil, 2019 brandon and hadi, 2021 ramy and hadi

I agree 2019 should have been Hadi, not Brandon

I never thought Kai was better than Phil in any of their head-to-heads.

I thought Shawn was better than Phil in 18

also, I'm on an island here I realize, but I thought Platz should have won in 81

Edit: I was not present at any of these shows, so my opinion is only going of pics...

I've heard a few guys saying Hadi can no longer stay at the top but I don't see why. The top guys have become closer to his structure and he has shape and density no one else has.
His conditioning is always on point as well. The striations all over his chest with that dense muscle is next level. Really separates him from the pack.

I actually agree on Brandon. I included him because he’s typically regarded as one of the worst Olympias ever but in that lineup, I think it was deserved.

I had Phil beating Shawn in 2018 pretty easily but I think they had a point to prove there.
I agree they fucked Phil, and Brandon is the worst Mr. O of the modern era let’s say from Ronnie til now, by far the worst. Funny thing is aside from being an asshole and a terrible ambassador for the IFBB, he has great potential he just never fully put it together.

I agree they fucked Phil, and Brandon is the worst Mr. O of the modern era let’s say from Ronnie til now, by far the worst. Funny thing is aside from being an asshole and a terrible ambassador for the IFBB, he has great potential he just never fully put it together.
Agreed he’s a horrendous ambassador, but surprised to hear he’s an asshole.

Agreed he’s a horrendous ambassador, but surprised to hear he’s an asshole.
Maybe not now but say 15 years ago, total asshole worked a few booths with him at shows and was just a dick to everyone bodybuilders, fans, kids. He might be chill now people change.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131