over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Infection/ abscess course?

bananas007

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Pinned some test in bicep. But reused an old needle(stupid i know). Next day the area turned red and hurt. Went to the ER. Doctor gave a course of keflex. Antibiotics cleaned out the redness, on day 2 of antibiotics currently.

But i still feel pain in that area. What i am worried about is an abscess inside the muscle. Should I stick an 18g needle in and try to make sure there is nothing in there? or should i just use the antibiotics.

This is the first time i have had an infection. What is the usual course I should expect?
Doctor told me to lay off working out upperbody for a few days. Dont have fever, but have that weird feeling when ur body is trying to fight off something.

Thanks

Pinned some test in bicep. But reused an old needle(stupid i know). Next day the area turned red and hurt. Went to the ER. Doctor gave a course of keflex. Antibiotics cleaned out the redness, on day 2 of antibiotics currently.

But i still feel pain in that area. What i am worried about is an abscess inside the muscle. Should I stick an 18g needle in and try to make sure there is nothing in there? or should i just use the antibiotics.

This is the first time i have had an infection. What is the usual course I should expect?
Doctor told me to lay off working out upperbody for a few days. Dont have fever, but have that weird feeling when ur body is trying to fight off something.

Thanks

Bro let the antibiotics do their job. Only day two and there is still pain? Of Course there will prb be pail for 5-7 days. Don't stick anymore needles in your arm to drain it, let the med's do their job. If its not better in 5 days go back to the MD.

Last edited:
Reusing a needle is like reusing a condom- it might work but it's dirty. You can order syringes from a sponsor without even getting off the couch.

Looks like you had to learn the lesson the hard way and Im sorry that happened. I once had a really bad abcess from shit gear and had to have a chunk of my ass cut out after it wouldnt heal after 1 month of treatment with the strongest antibiotics known to man!
Take the full course of keflex but let your doctor know if it is not better by the end of 10 days. He might have to try a different antibiotic. We tried seveal, one of which was augmentin. Augmentin is a good one. They can also give you a shot of antibiotics in the site or an IV. I had both of those too and it still wasnt enough. Yours sounds like its getting better.
Don't go trying to drain it on your own because you could make it worse by spreading the bacteria. If it needs to be drained the doc can do it there in a much more sterile environment.

This should be a sticky on what not to do!

I hope you heal and don't have a problem from this but bro that was f-ing stupid.

How great are you gonna look when they have to cut out 1/4 of your bicep.

Everyone should learn from this guy! :banghead:

Take the anti and let the doctor handle it from here.

Always use a clean needle to draw with and change into a new to inject every time!

Last edited:
Give it a few days man. I have had plenty of bad ones over the years. I never did what you did, but never the less give it time. Some clear up quickly, others take a good 5 days or so. You should start to see it go down and become less painfull. I have never had to go to the ER or DR for any of mine.

Thanks

The bicep often gets red, irritated, and sore post injection. It's nothing to worry about. Leave it alone and it will heal. I have reused the same needle a dozen times. Your body reacts to injecting something in a new area it isn't used to. Eventually it adapts. Lower the dose next time. Don't worry!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity