over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Inspirational Reminder!

Bio

Staff member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Every so often, a thread pops up about a person who inspires us by overcoming something that most of us cannot comprehend or find insurmountable! I just wanted to remind everybody, that we have a member on this board that a lot of you may be familiar with and some that aren't, who falls into this category. His name is Jeff Black (screen name is JBlack). I saw that he had posted the other day and was so glad to see him here again!! Jeff has Osteogenesis Imperfecta or OI for short. It's also known as brittle bone disease. There are different types with various effects, all of which have devastating consequences. Jeff is a type IV....When he was 11 years old, he was just walking through a store with his family and his leg broke!! That's what this disease is like!! Wait until you see what Jeff has accomplished!!!

I'm familiar with this disease because my girlfriends brother had it. He passed away 11 years ago this month at the age of 38! He wasn't even expected to live after birth!! He had a very severe form....When he was born, the doctors and nurses stopped counting broken bones at 50!!! The vaginal birth just crushed him. Back then they had no idea that there was anything wrong until he was born. He spent his life in a wheel chair but was as active as he could be and eventually ran a sports camp for kids....He was loved and admired by many!!! He was and is an inspiration for myself and many others!!! Every other year the OI foundation has a convention which my girlfriend and her mother attend. In 2010, it was in Oregon and it was my first time going! Let me tell you, it is full of energy, excitement, and fun!! No pity party at all!!! The positive energy is infectious!!! This year, in July, the convention will be in Washington, DC and once again I'll be there to learn, laugh, and love!!! Best of all, Jeff and I just touched base and it looks like he's going to go despite being deep into his prep....Great heart there!!!

Now, back to our member Jeff! He is a National competitor and a true inspiration!! This summer he will be competing in the Mr. Tennessee and the North Americans!! Here is a link to an article that RX Muscle did on him in September 2010. He tells some of his story here!! Trust me, you'll be amazed and deeply moved!! Read the article first and then check out the videos!! Once you read about his disease and then see him train, you'll be amazed!! He's accomplished something that technically should be impossible for somebody with his condition!! Jeff is a true warrior who went through a lot of pain and personal sacrifice to defy the odds and get to where he is now!! Thank you Jeff for being such an inspiration!!!

Jeff Black: He Breaks, But Comes Back!

Jeff Black 5 weeks out from Nationals - YouTube

Jeff Black 5 weeks out from Nationals, shoulders part 2 - YouTube

Amazing! Thank you for sharing, and reminding us that we have very little to complain about.

Jeff,

Something about you journey makes some of us who think we are big not feel all that big.

We wish you the very best always. Regardless of where you end up, it appears that you have already won the biggest challenge that life throws at you. None of us beat out death, but few of us learn to take life as its handed to us and rather then resigning ourselves to our fate, rise up and affect it in a way that leaves people amazed and inspired.

Thank you,

If theres anything we stock that you would like going forward we have $500 in product with your name on it.

Sincerely,

IPGEAR

Thanks BIO!!

Hats off to you Jeff!!!

Love this story. Amazing.

simply amazing

Thank you for posting Jeff's story. Very inspiring:)

First off thank you Bio for the thread and kind words about me. Ever since I first started lifting weights it was the only thing I ever did that I felt in control of and gave me power in my life. Bodybuilding and working out have given me a life others said would never happen that is why my life mission is to spread health and fitness and bodybuilding to as much people as I possibly can.

Too often this sport is filled with the athletes who do not take things for granted and who are not good ambassadors to our beloved sport. My vision is to help others realize our sport isn't all drugs and such, but heart, passion and soul. I cannot tell you how many times I have broken something working out only to at my friends and others calling me insane gone back to the gym to continue the progress the next day.

In life we are all dealt a hand we cannot control but it does not prevent us from making the most of it. Think about how amazing this sport could be if we all pioneered a new direction one in which we give back and help others and encourage others that through taking over our health and fitness we can experience relief and courage for anything in life and that it might bring us.

I encourage anyone reading this to make this board the centerpiece of knowledge, education, and brotherhood. Too often we are mistaken as different for what we pursue rather than addressing concerns and growing with the inviduals going forward in their pursuit of health and fitness.

IP - thanks for that I will be in contact with you soon! That is a blessing and honor for you to offer me.

Bio - Thanks again bro for the thread and phone call. I will call you later today and hopefully we can talk at good length!

To everyone else - Remember and love this great sport for the core basics: Passion, heart, soul, warrior pride, and self-renewal!

-Jeff

Jeff, what you just said above is spot on! You are the epitome of what bodybuilding is all about, or should be about!! I really hope people take time to look at this thread!!

Thx Bio! :) I look forward to us hitting the gym together in July while we are in DC!

Jeff you an amazing person, God Bless You bro.

Thx Bio! :) I look forward to us hitting the gym together in July while we are in DC!

Same here! Hey don't forget to post up the video of you benching, that you mentioned yesterday!!

Thanks Bio! Jeff's story is truly inspirational!

Thanks guys...truly a blessing and honor to be a part of this board. :D

Regardless of what disability you have, you can be anything you want if you put your mind to it and JBlack has done that, overcome the odds! Your an inspirational to us all!! Well done!!

One thing that always interested me is how powerful the human mind can be. I read a lot..and I split it up what I read. I enjoy books on leadership and self-improvement. An author I would recommend to all of you is Dr. Wayne Dyer. His book Excuses Begone is some great work about revamping your mindset on anything. I am a firm believer in empowerment and vision. Hence why my vision board this year has some crazy conditioned people on it to remind me to bring it all together this year at NA.

On of my first reads as a poster...., Great story.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131