over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Interesting tren study in rats

Knight9

Featured Member / Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Improvements in body composition, cardiometabolic risk factors and insulin sensitivity with trenbolone in normogonadic rats. - PubMed - NCBI

Steroids. 2015 Feb;94:60-9. doi: 10.1016/j.steroids.2014.12.017. Epub 2014 Dec 30.
Improvements in body composition, cardiometabolic risk factors and insulin sensitivity with trenbolone in normogonadic rats.
Donner DG1, Beck BR2, Bulmer AC3, Lam AK4, Du Toit EF3.
Author information
Abstract
Trenbolone (TREN) is used for anabolic growth-promotion in over 20 million cattle annually and continues to be misused for aesthetic purposes in humans. The current study investigated TREN's effects on body composition and cardiometabolic risk factors; and its tissue-selective effects on the cardiovascular system, liver and prostate. Male rats (n=12) were implanted with osmotic infusion pumps delivering either cyclodextrin vehicle (CTRL) or 2mg/kg/day TREN for 6 weeks. Dual-energy X-ray Absorptiometry assessment of body composition; organ wet weights and serum lipid profiles; and insulin sensitivity were assessed. Cardiac ultrasound examinations were performed before in vivo studies assessed myocardial susceptibility to ischemia-reperfusion (I/R) injury. Circulating sex hormones and liver enzyme activities; and prostate and liver histology were examined. In 6 weeks, fat mass increased by 34±7% in CTRLs (p<0.01). Fat mass decreased by 37±6% and lean mass increased by 11±4% with TREN (p<0.05). Serum triglycerides, HDL and LDL were reduced by 62%, 57% and 78% (p<0.05) respectively in TREN rats. Histological examination of the prostates from TREN-treated rats indicated benign hyperplasia associated with an increased prostate mass (149% compared to CTRLs, p<0.01). No evidence of adverse cardiac or hepatic effects was observed. In conclusion, improvements in body composition, lipid profile and insulin sensitivity (key risk factors for cardiometabolic disease) were achieved with six-week TREN treatment without evidence of adverse cardiovascular or hepatic effects that are commonly associated with traditional anabolic steroid misuse. Sex hormone suppression and benign prostate hyperplasia were confirmed as adverse effects of the treatment.
Copyright © 2014 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.

There are studies where tren seems to act like a sarm in most tissues and this seems to support that.

just saw that it was 2mg/kg/day

so for a 220lb male, that would be 1400mg a week.. that's a pretty good-sized dose right there :headbang:

Please don't take one study on Tren as it is a safe compound. For each one of these studies, you can find 5 that show the exact opposite. I have said for years, that i think Tren is way too harsh for most people to run. If you are not making you living with your body, you have no business running tren. I have read several studies that show tren increases the heart size more than any other compound. Also several studies that show Tren does more damage on your prostrate than any other AAS.

To each their own though.

There's no doubt in my mind that my prostate is enlarged due to a past tren cycle. Also on that cycle I developed acid reflux that never went away. Anecdotal, but relevant to me.

There are studies where tren seems to act like a sarm in most tissues and this seems to support that.

Those studies used extremely low doses. Tren didn't show that same selectivity at higher doses.

What studies like that do show is that Tren and Trest are better candidates for TRT.

There is no doubt tren is a harsher AAS. I think when tren is used it should be only used pre contest around 8 weeks out and no more than 300mg a week. Supplemented with 2400 mg of NAC and a good kidney and liver support supplement....and oh yeah 2 gallons of water a day.

There's no doubt in my mind that my prostate is enlarged due to a past tren cycle. Also on that cycle I developed acid reflux that never went away. Anecdotal, but relevant to me.

Oh yeah, definitely prostate issues on Tren. Been on it for 5 months. At one point I dropped the dose down from 100mg ED to 50mg ED for about a month and they drastically subsided, bumped back up to 100mg ED to blast hard again last week and I'm already suffering from increased urge to urinate as well as a little after-dribble from time to time if I don't shake him for a damn minute straight after I piss. It's pretty annoying! I've been on stinging nettle which helps some but considering a couple other options of adding in on top of that to see if I can get it fully under control.

Please don't take one study on Tren as it is a safe compound. For each one of these studies, you can find 5 that show the exact opposite. I have said for years, that i think Tren is way too harsh for most people to run. If you are not making you living with your body, you have no business running tren. I have read several studies that show tren increases the heart size more than any other compound. Also several studies that show Tren does more damage on your prostrate than any other AAS.

Links? Would love to read them.

Thanks!

I mostly agree but feel free to post studies...legit ones. I was surprised to find something fairly favorable on something as legit as pubmed.

Oh yeah, definitely prostate issues on Tren. Been on it for 5 months. At one point I dropped the dose down from 100mg ED to 50mg ED for about a month and they drastically subsided, bumped back up to 100mg ED to blast hard again last week and I'm already suffering from increased urge to urinate as well as a little after-dribble from time to time if I don't shake him for a damn minute straight after I piss. It's pretty annoying! I've been on stinging nettle which helps some but considering a couple other options of adding in on top of that to see if I can get it fully under control.

See Mast does this to me..... i'm about 10 weeks in to my Tren cycle and was doing great other than some sleep issues.... I bring Mast in and BAM... prostate issues... so uncomfortable that I had to remove it from my cycle..last year pre contest same thing.... was only doing 350mg a week....Mast just makes my shit swell up like a grapefruit... I just can't handle it even tho' I like it.

I humbly disagree with a couple of your comments. You shouldn't use tren unless you're a pro? You can run low dose tren w/ very few issues. And mast was 10x harder on my prostate than tren ever has been.

Those studies used extremely low doses. Tren didn't show that same selectivity at higher doses.

What studies like that do show is that Tren and Trest are better candidates for TRT.

What Tren replacement therapy? If you want to use the compound that is your decision, but misleading members that it is or has ever been used for TRT is not accurate.

Ak

Last edited:
What Tren replacement therapy? If you want to use the compound that is your decision, but misleading members that it is or has ever been used for TRT is not accurate.

Ak

We were talking about a study that suggested Tren had selectivity at low doses, and it has been suggested that it could be a good candidate for TRT.

As far as Trestolone goes, Agencies such as the World Health Organization want to use it for Male Contraception and thus Hormone Replacement Therapy. Use of an effective 19-nor has considerable backing on the world stage.

Testosterone replacement therapy is just that. Trenbolone has never been approved for human use. This has been the stance here at PM. TRT is a medical term with a narrow scope of dosing and compounds.

Ak

just saw that it was 2mg/kg/day

so for a 220lb male, that would be 1400mg a week.. that's a pretty good-sized dose right there :headbang:

rat dosages DO NOT translate to human dosages 1:1

rats have much faster metabolisms (just compare the resting heart rate etc)

while i dont have a comparison regarding AAS, for some orally taken supplements the ratio translates to about 1:6 human dosage equivalent vs rat dose
i can only guess here based on a study on ginger, where the rat dosage was 250mg/kg and the human equivalent dosage was 40mg/kg

so the 1400mg/week dosage of the rats would translate to roughly 250mg tren a week for a human.
which would be a pretty damn good outcome imo !

Last edited:
Testosterone replacement therapy is just that. Trenbolone has never been approved for human use. This has been the stance here at PM. TRT is a medical term with a narrow scope of dosing and compounds.

Ak

Is there some sort of cognitive deficiency going on here?

There was some study somewhere that "suggested" Trenbolone as a possible "candidate" for TRT, or may I say, HRT. That was in no way a recommendation or anything to do with "the stance here at PM."

Some study somewhere, Where?

"What studies like that do show is that Tren and Trest are better candidates for TRT."

That is your assumption, And again TRT has nothing to do with TREN, regardless how you try to spin it smart guy.

BTW since you now want to throw HRT in there, what Hormone is it replacing.

Ak

Last edited:

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear