over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

It cannot be stated enough...BLOODWORK!

bieberhole69

Kilo Klub Member
I've been fortunate to have been working under the wing of biggmike for a while now. The man has really emphasized health to me--and we all know this sport is NOT healthy, and there are things we must do to maximize our health.

With that being said--the single most important thing he's made me do to have his advice has been routine bloodwork. Many of us know we are supposed to be doing it, but what percentage do you think actually gets it done? And will hold off cycles until their bloodwork is good, or actively tries to modify diet and supplementation to improve bloodwork?

In the past I was a strong user / abuser of tren in the offseason. I reasoned with myself that the best $$-effective cycle was test and tren (and perhaps it is, when looking at just the cycle itself and the gains to be had). Mike has always been against this when I've suggested it, saying save the abuse for precontest. Well, I decided to have a go at a very mild test / tren cruise--140mg test, 60mg tren per week (200mg total if you can't do the math).

There's plenty of threads on here about how test / tren cruise is safe and will help retain more gains. Yes, it will absolutely help retain more gains--even as low as 60mg / week. But whether it's safe or not? Only bloodwork can tell. I had my bloodwork done recently on week 7 of my cruise like this, and, FOR ME PERSONALLY, even with everything else on point (healthy fats, grassfed beef, pastured chicken, evoo, citrus bergamot, etc...)--60mg of tren lowered my HDL by 5pts from normal and raised my LDL about 10pts. Nothing too serious, but as a guy that constantly struggles to break the 40 HDL barrier, I need all that I can get!

I know this is a long post so, in summary, PLEASE don't just take the word of others that everything is "g2g." Do you personally know how certain things can affect your bloodwork? I now know that 60mg tren has a negative impact on my lipids, and as such, I can only imagine what 200-400mg can do to it. Knowing this, I don't have to question whether or not to use tren in the offseason anymore--at this point in the game, I want to be healthier and will be avoiding it. That's not to say everyone will have this happen to them, this post is merely saying (in a long, rather drawn out way) that it's imperative to get your bloodwork regularly, and when making changes to normal protocols, to see what is actually going on inside of YOU.

Cliffs

-get your bloodwork done, you never know how certain things will affect YOU
-tren, even at a low dose of 60mg / wk, lowers my HDL and raises LDL. Are you sure it isn't doing this to yours?
-get your bloodwork done!

Bloodwork is very important, and everyone should get it done. BUT, don't let it give you a false sense of security. There are many issues that either a) won't show up on bloodwork at all, or b) by the time they do show up on bloodwork, you are deep shit.

Get bloodwork done, but don't let it lure you into a sense of security and health that isn't actually there (based on what you know you are putting in your body).

The fact is, unless there is something wrong with you, bloodwork will look normal even on very high doses if you are doing everything right, and even though the body IS under a lot of stress.

I do totally agree though, bloodwork is essential.

Bloodwork is very important, and everyone should get it done. BUT, don't let it give you a false sense of security. There are many issues that either a) won't show up on bloodwork at all, or b) by the time they do show up on bloodwork, you are deep shit.

Get bloodwork done, but don't let it lure you into a sense of security and health that isn't actually there (based on what you know you are putting in your body).

The fact is, unless there is something wrong with you, bloodwork will look normal even on very high doses if you are doing everything right, and even though the body IS under a lot of stress.

I do totally agree though, bloodwork is essential.

I'm absolutely in agreement with this! What it CAN do is show you things that are BIG potential problems. For me, this is apparently tren at any dose.

The older I get, the less a "sense of security" (ignoring the truths we know) I have and the more a "if I'm going to do this, I need to be very smart about it, and more importantly, REALISTIC about it" feel I have. My current education and career path is also slamming the importance of health home...so it's even more concerning to me now.

Last edited:
I agree with both you and Kaladryn. Big A said long ago...get blood work done every 4 weeks...if things look good, then continue on. Every 4 weeks would give somebody a lot of insight as to how there health is holding up.

I don' think most people on here bother to do blood work...they're too busy convincing themselves that they feel fine...what could possibly go wrong?:rolleyes:

I agree with both you and Kaladryn. Big A said long ago...get blood work done every 4 weeks...if things look good, then continue on. Every 4 weeks would give somebody a lot of insight as to how there health is holding up.

I don' think most people on here bother to do blood work...they're too busy convincing themselves that they feel fine...what could possibly go wrong?:rolleyes:

I agree. It's too late when you have start having heart problems or blow out your kidneys. Preventive care is the best solution which has to include blood work done often enough. But like you said bro, too many people here don't care or are in denial.

I get complete physicals 4 times a year. Two from my job where they bring their people in, and two from my personal doctor. I try to stagger them every 3 months. All have blood work, and two of them have me carrying a jug for a couple of days for urine analysis. I asked about that onetime and was told that they look at stress issues and markers such as Catecholamines although I'm not sure why.

But I feel it's very important to be as proactive as possible!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I try to get bloods done every 8 weeks or so. Last bloodwork I had done revealed I was positive for Lyme Disease. Only symptoms I had were lethargy and headaches. Would've never caught this had I not gotten bloodwork.

It eliminates the need for guess work. Numbers and figures are what we should be after, not speculation.

I try to get bloods done every 8 weeks or so. Last bloodwork I had done revealed I was positive for Lyme Disease. Only symptoms I had were lethargy and headaches. Would've never caught this had I not gotten bloodwork.

It eliminates the need for guess work. Numbers and figures are what we should be after, not speculation.

How did routine blood work show that you had Lyme Disease?

How did routine blood work show that you had Lyme Disease?

I should have clarified. "Routine" blood work wouldn't reveal such a thing. A Lyme test must be ordered. I merely got my routine bloodwork and told my doctor about my symptoms I had been having over the course of 5 or so weeks.

Why 60mg tren? Didn't Dante write something about how 7mg 3x per week or was it EOD(can't remember) shot subQ is the effective low dose for long term cruise on tren.

Also how do u know it wasn't the test that messed with your lipids. It's very common to have a drop in hdl with just Trt.

Why 60mg tren? Didn't Dante write something about how 7mg 3x per week or was it EOD(can't remember) shot subQ is the effective low dose for long term cruise on tren.

Also how do u know it wasn't the test that messed with your lipids. It's very common to have a drop in hdl with just Trt.

Funny you ask...

Was giving it a shot to see if replacing 60mg of test on cruise with 60mg of tren would have an improvement on my lipids from lowering the test (and quite a few people saying they saw no negatives come out in their bloodwork). This is my first cruise that wasn't test only, and my HDL is almost always exactly 5pts higher than what it was this go-round (and the LDL 10pts lower, or more). I'm pretty consistent in everything I do (which is why I ruled out other things having caused it) so was surprised to see this happen.

Edit: Checked older bloodwork I have. HDL was even 5pts lower than 150test-only cruise, and LDL 14pts higher.

Last edited:

No i never wrote that....at all! I wrote that i was personally doing (during the summer) not now......7mg of tren eod

That wasnt a recommendation at all and anyone who percieved it that way I can not be any more clear on that... I tried it for myself during the summer.

THIS IS SO VERY TRUE.

I've been feeling absolutely frigging EXHAUSTED with an overall sense of extremely bad health for almost a year now, yet my bloodworks always look close to perfect except for a few slighty elevated values here and there, that get easily corrected... which makes the doc say: "oh your health is excellent" :rolleyes:... while I clearly know it ISN'T... :eek:

Personally Iv just had my bloods done while crising and been told everything is satisfactory. Pleased with this and now I will start blasting again. I will then get another set of tests done in 8 weeks to see how I am.

Also had an ECG test done.

THIS IS SO VERY TRUE.

I've been feeling absolutely frigging EXHAUSTED with an overall sense of extremely bad health for almost a year now, yet my bloodworks always look close to perfect except for a few slighty elevated values here and there, that get easily corrected... which makes the doc say: "oh your health is excellent" :rolleyes:... while I clearly know it ISN'T... :eek:

I'll second this. When I was blasting away I felt pretty miserable...yet my labs always looked fine. High normal h/h or slightly over. But nothing overwhelmingly out of range.

No i never wrote that....at all! I wrote that i was personally doing (during the summer) not now......7mg of tren eod

That wasnt a recommendation at all and anyone who percieved it that way I can not be any more clear on that... I tried it for myself during the summer.
Were the results worthwhile?

Bloodwork is imperative for everyone in this sport, especially those that choose to use PEDs. Like the TS, I learned that Tren tanked my HDL (higher doses than 60mg though). Sometimes I wonder how big of an impact 8 weeks of that will have in the long run...any input from others on that? Genetically I lucked out with cholesterol, when I'm not running anything my HDL sits around 73 and my LDL sits around 79, total cholesterol ~163. If it's consistently like that outside of 8 weeks of a given year (I'm not a habitual tren user), I'm curious just how much those 8 weeks can influence your health.

Dante doesn't like when people misquote him and I don't blame him. He said he started experimenting with 7mg 3x per week and so far it hasn't effected his bloodwork. It's not like he said that is THE way to do it. Personally I wouldn't even bother with such a low dose but to each his own.

Edit: I posted this before even realizing he replied himself lol

Last edited:
Were the results worthwhile?

Bloodwork is imperative for everyone in this sport, especially those that choose to use PEDs. Like the TS, I learned that Tren tanked my HDL (higher doses than 60mg though). Sometimes I wonder how big of an impact 8 weeks of that will have in the long run...any input from others on that? Genetically I lucked out with cholesterol, when I'm not running anything my HDL sits around 73 and my LDL sits around 79, total cholesterol ~163. If it's consistently like that outside of 8 weeks of a given year (I'm not a habitual tren user), I'm curious just how much those 8 weeks can influence your health.

Tren can screw with cholesterol and over time, that can cause heart issues. I am the minority here, but I believe tren is also kidney toxic as are all aas if run long enough at high enough doses. There would be no way to truly measure how renal toxic it can be as the kidneys can take a beating long term before starting to fail. Just my 2 cents.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws