Newbies

MR. BMJ

Kilo Klub Member / Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer

Abstract​

BACKGROUND​

Sodium–glucose cotransporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitors reduce the risk of hospitalization for heart failure and cardiovascular death among patients with chronic heart failure and a left ventricular ejection fraction of 40% or less. Whether SGLT2 inhibitors are effective in patients with a higher left ventricular ejection fraction remains less certain.

METHODS​

We randomly assigned 6263 patients with heart failure and a left ventricular ejection fraction of more than 40% to receive dapagliflozin (at a dose of 10 mg once daily) or matching placebo, in addition to usual therapy. The primary outcome was a composite of worsening heart failure (which was defined as either an unplanned hospitalization for heart failure or an urgent visit for heart failure) or cardiovascular death, as assessed in a time-to-event analysis.

RESULTS​

Over a median of 2.3 years, the primary outcome occurred in 512 of 3131 patients (16.4%) in the dapagliflozin group and in 610 of 3132 patients (19.5%) in the placebo group (hazard ratio, 0.82; 95% confidence interval [CI], 0.73 to 0.92; P<0.001). Worsening heart failure occurred in 368 patients (11.8%) in the dapagliflozin group and in 455 patients (14.5%) in the placebo group (hazard ratio, 0.79; 95% CI, 0.69 to 0.91); cardiovascular death occurred in 231 patients (7.4%) and 261 patients (8.3%), respectively (hazard ratio, 0.88; 95% CI, 0.74 to 1.05). Total events and symptom burden were lower in the dapagliflozin group than in the placebo group. Results were similar among patients with a left ventricular ejection fraction of 60% or more and those with a left ventricular ejection fraction of less than 60%, and results were similar in prespecified subgroups, including patients with or without diabetes. The incidence of adverse events was similar in the two groups.

CONCLUSIONS​

Dapagliflozin reduced the combined risk of worsening heart failure or cardiovascular death among patients with heart failure and a mildly reduced or preserved ejection fraction. (Funded by AstraZeneca; DELIVER ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT03619213. opens in new tab.)

[email protected]

Registered

Lumpi

Registered
Newbies
i hope you are not taking any medication at all of you are afraid of every side effect found for each medicine ;-)
I am taking quite a lot of medication. I was just wondering what I would do if I face a urinary tract infection? What's the best way to treat it?

[email protected]

Registered
I am taking quite a lot of medication. I was just wondering what I would do if I face a urinary tract infection? What's the best way to treat it?
i received a pack of antibiotics and a cream from my doc with the first prescription of jardiance.
but never required it.
I guess this is more relevant for older, sedentary people who barely wash themselves anymore. we bodybuilder who usually shower 1-2 times daily and wash der pee-pee should be much safer regarding this side effect

Lumpi

Registered
Newbies
i received a pack of antibiotics and a cream from my doc with the first prescription of jardiance.
but never required it.
I guess this is more relevant for older, sedentary people who barely wash themselves anymore. we bodybuilder who usually shower 1-2 times daily and wash der pee-pee should be much safer regarding this side effect
Alright, I'm hooked. Starting with 5mg empagliflozin today.

Kr0m

Registered
i see clearsky has this but its hella expensive

Golden

Registered
Newbies
Seems to be a very beneficial drug in terms of multi disease management

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub