over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

[langtitle=vi]Mike Arnold insulin protocol question[/langtitle]

Hi Mike,

As a general rule, do you use your slin protocol with your athletes while in precontest phase?

Thanks

Keep in mind he does have other protocols for paying clients. He's much less likely to lay out these sorts of questions(I would think) but MAY divulge an evolved version of his pre workout slin protocol. We should probably not ask for too much extra. I consulted with him for a brief bit and was delighted at the protocols, information, and responses I got to my questions. Money well spent.

Keep in mind he does have other protocols for paying clients. He's much less likely to lay out these sorts of questions(I would think) but MAY divulge an evolved version of his pre workout slin protocol. We should probably not ask for too much extra. I consulted with him for a brief bit and was delighted at the protocols, information, and responses I got to my questions. Money well spent.

I totally understand and I know he makes a living out of this. I do not mean in any way, he lays out a precontest slin protocol, only wondered if he generally has his clients use slin precontest in a similar fashion as his known protocol :)

I am hesitant to post any one thing as the "standard" because not everyone responds the same to all foods.

Over time, I have found that the greatest increase in muscle fullness occurs when a large dose of Humulin is taken with a massive meal (shake or whole food) containing a variety of fast medium, and slow digesting carbs & proteins. Even some fats are involved, as it is difficult to remove all fats from foods anyway.

Some of my client's are consuming over 2,000 calories in this feeding alone, with 40 IU of insulin or more. 4-5 hours after this, the increase in muscle fullness is extreme. Other things may or may not be added to this feeding, depending on finances.

Apologies if im missing something but im a little confused with the last paragraph above.
Im assuming were talking about Insulin( humulin R ) for a pre training dose...but the above refers to the 2nd feeding which i assume is the 'massive shake/food immediately post workout.....yet it then says the insulin is taken with TAHT meal.....Hence my confusion????

Mike are you able to clarify please...or knight9 if able to....

I totally understand and I know he makes a living out of this. I do not mean in any way, he lays out a precontest slin protocol, only wondered if he generally has his clients use slin precontest in a similar fashion as his known protocol :)

Insulin is a double-edged sword. It inhibits both fat and muscle loss, so while it can be helpful in terms of lean issue retention during times of caloric restriction, it works agants one's fat loss goals.

This doesn't mean it can't be used uring prep--it most certainly can, but how it is used will vary from person to person based on their level of preparedness. In other words, is the person ahead or behind schedule?

As prep progesses, slin use tends to decrease and slower acting versions are discontinued in favor of faster acting versions. During the later parts of prep, when carbs are usually lower than normal, any carbs that are consumed around training are much more likely to be used for recovery. In addition, due to Humalog's rapid acting nature and short active life, it is able to transport nutrients in sufficient quantities without staying active beyond the workout window. Because of these things, Humalog used during this time normally has very little impact on the rate of fat loss.

Apologies if im missing something but im a little confused with the last paragraph above.
Im assuming were talking about Insulin( humulin R ) for a pre training dose...but the above refers to the 2nd feeding which i assume is the 'massive shake/food immediately post workout.....yet it then says the insulin is taken with TAHT meal.....Hence my confusion????

Mike are you able to clarify please...or knight9 if able to....

There really isn't any one way to do things. There are just too many variables involved which can change things. Some guys take 1 slin injection...some take 2 within close proximity to each other, with dose being determined by nutrient intake-availability.

As long as you understand the reason for using insulin, which is to enhance the rate and extent of nutrient transport into muscle tissue, you can construct an effective program based on your pown preferences, finances, and goals.

Research has shown us that mucle protein synthesis and nutrient delivery is at its peak both during and right after a training session. Therefore, it makes sense to supply the body with the nutrients needed to maximize protein synthesis and glycogen replenishment at this time. Injection timing, injection dosage, and the number of injections all depend on when you eat, the type of food you eat, and the amount of food you eat. As long as an optimal amount of carbs & protein are present during the training window and you are using a dose of insulin capale of transporting those nutrients into the muscle cells, recovery & growth will be maximized, at least in terms of slin use.

I can't provide an "ideal" program for everyone, which is why I am not listing one. There are just too many variables which can change things. For example, some guys have a very tough time training with even small amounts of food in their stomach, especially on leg or back day. Obviously, under these circumstances, food intake will be very light in the pre and/or intra training meal, with some guys consuming nothing but various amino acids and other low-volume ingredients, while the majority of their carbs will be consumed immediately after training. Someone in this situation would not be injecting very much insulin, if any, right before training. In this case, insulin would be used right after training.

Other guys don't have this prolem and are able to consume shake-based carbs or even whole-food carbs without issue. This could completely change their injection timing and even their dosages.

The original program I provided was designed to straddle the line between effectivness and safety, which could be used by any beginner without short or long-term harm. It accomplished the objective of maximizing protein synthesis, while simultaneously replenishing/maintaining glycogen stores. In terms of food qauntity and insulin dosage, my selections were based on the needs of the typical mid-level BB'r. It is impossible to have a single insulin dose or dietary recommendation that is ideal for everyone because no one person has the same needs. Therefore, I selected an insulin dose and amount of food which would be suitable for a typical intermediate BB'r just starting to use insulin.

There really isn't any one way to do things. There are just too many variables involved which can change things. Some guys take 1 slin injection...some take 2 within close proximity to each other, with dose being determined by nutrient intake-availability.

As long as you understand the reason for using insulin, which is to enhance the rate and extent of nutrient transport into muscle tissue, you can construct an effective program based on your pown preferences, finances, and goals.

Research has shown us that mucle protein synthesis and nutrient delivery is at its peak both during and right after a training session. Therefore, it makes sense to supply the body with the nutrients needed to maximize protein synthesis and glycogen replenishment at this time. Injection timing, injection dosage, and the number of injections all depend on when you eat, the type of food you eat, and the amount of food you eat. As long as an optimal amount of carbs & protein are present during the training window and you are using a dose of insulin capale of transporting those nutrients into the muscle cells, recovery & growth will be maximized, at least in terms of slin use.

I can't provide an "ideal" program for everyone, which is why I am not listing one. There are just too many variables which can change things. For example, some guys have a very tough time training with even small amounts of food in their stomach, especially on leg or back day. Obviously, under these circumstances, food intake will be very light in the pre and/or intra training meal, with some guys consuming nothing but various amino acids and other low-volume ingredients, while the majority of their carbs will be consumed immediately after training. Someone in this situation would not be injecting very much insulin, if any, right before training. In this case, insulin would be used right after training.

Other guys don't have this prolem and are able to consume shake-based carbs or even whole-food carbs without issue. This could completely change their injection timing and even their dosages.

The original program I provided was designed to straddle the line between effectivness and safety, which could be used by any beginner without short or long-term harm. It accomplished the objective of maximizing protein synthesis, while simultaneously replenishing/maintaining glycogen stores. In terms of food qauntity and insulin dosage, my selections were based on the needs of the typical mid-level BB'r. It is impossible to have a single insulin dose or dietary recommendation that is ideal for everyone because no one person has the same needs. Therefore, I selected an insulin dose and amount of food which would be suitable for a typical intermediate BB'r just starting to use insulin.

Can you give an example of a post workout food based shake?

It would seem to me if guys are doing multiple injects, humalog might be preferred or humulin 90 min pre and humalog post..?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Hey I had a question,in Mikes pre workout protocol you use glycerol mono,which is a fat right? Also could you just use Glycergrow by Controlled labs for this purpose? It's glycerol plus vitamin c and potassium. But my concern is its 56 grams of fat per serving!! Thsnks

Hey I had a question,in Mikes pre workout protocol you use glycerol mono,which is a fat right? Also could you just use Glycergrow by Controlled labs for this purpose? It's glycerol plus vitamin c and potassium. But my concern is its 56 grams of fat per serving!! Thsnks

I'm sorry I was totally wrong!! It has 6 grams of fat per serving 54 calories from fat!! Phew big difference there!

Can you give an example of a post workout food based shake?

It would seem to me if guys are doing multiple injects, humalog might be preferred or humulin 90 min pre and humalog post..?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Bumping this for Mike.

Re bumping to.....

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Omoney2323