over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lets discuss how EVIL Debt is!!!!

Debt is not evil. When used irresponsibly it can be a burden, or worse. The problem is unwise purchases, people who live beyond their means and the "buy, buy, buy" attitude and sense of entitelment that people have.

Even with a signing bonus, nobody forces you to buy an expensive house. If you overextend yourself, it is not debt's fault, it's yours. That's just like saying guns kill people and spoons made me fat. Take some damn responsbility for your choices.

exactly. I'm a college student and this is my last semester and I am not in debt and people will actually decide to hire you or not based on your car.

I don't have problem with credit cards and I love them. You just have to learn how to use them.

Seriously hating credit cards or other things like it because of debt is like hating food because it can make you fat.

check this out. when Obama is out of office the total debt will be 20 Trillion. (10 of which was add during his rein of terror) when interest rates rise to 5-7 % the payment on just the interest of the debt will be 1 trillion a year. we take in about 2 trillion in tax revenue. that's unsustainable and we'll never be able to afford it. it'll be the end of the US. prepare yourself for the collapse. it's coming....

and buy gold because he dollar won't be worth the paper it's printed on.

have that always in the back of my head feeling when in debt feels like i constantly circle back to the though of how much more and how long till its paid off.

It's our imaginations that got us into trouble, IMO

WTF is debt? what's an economy? They don't exist, they are just ideas, yet we are crippled by them.

What if we all, every single person in the world, just didn't leave our house tomorrow? Not you, not me, not the hooker down the street, not the Wal-Mart manager, not President Obama..... NOBODY in the WORLD shows up for work tomorrow, or the day after....

Will earth fly off its axis? Will the sun not rise? Will fruit not grow?

We, myself included, created silly bullshit ideas like we can't walk around naked and we have to have 28 inch legs......... so we're trapped now. Because someone has to hem pants and someone has to build and sell a damn squat rack and someone has to stand in a factory putting tubs of protein powder into a box and someone has to deliver this shit when you could just be naked like every other animal and learn to eat a damn apple off a tree and not give a shit what you look like or if you're losing gains.

Not pointing fingers, I'm just as guilty. But it's all so stupid.

At the end of the day I would just make a suggestion don't borrow if you don't need to. Carry no more than 1 tops 2 credit cards and use them for items that you would normally pay with cash. Sorry that you we're dealt the cards you we're given with your employer, but as a practical matter you took the money. Does that make it right to treat an employee like shit NO!

If all else fails..remember there is NO such things as debtors prison :D

At the end of the day I would just make a suggestion don't borrow if you don't need to. Carry no more than 1 tops 2 credit cards and use them for items that you would normally pay with cash. Sorry that you we're dealt the cards you we're given with your employer, but as a practical matter you took the money. Does that make it right to treat an employee like shit NO!

If all else fails..remember there is NO such things as debtors prison :D

This. Of course there are unfortunate circumstances that people find themselves in regarding debt, such as unexpected illness, etc.

But the vast majority of people I hear complaining about their personal debt did it to themselves. Either through financial illiteracy, or living outside of their means. For example, have a lady at work that always complains about debt. She recently bought a new car, she has 3 kids who are all in private school, goes on vacations, smokes, etc., the list goes on.

It's like lady, maybe you wouldn't be in debt, or at least so much of it if you curtailed some of your living expenses. Maybe people in debt shouldn't go on expensive vacations and bill it to their credit card, maybe you should quit smoking, maybe you don't need to have your kids in private school, maybe you don't need a brand new car. It's literally mind boggling how people can live like this.

I still live a pretty comfortable life and save close to half my post-tax income. I pretty much cook all my own food, I don't date vapid princess girls, and my hobbies are pretty inexpensive. I read, play rugby, hike, and fish. I go on a reasonable vacation once or twice a year with my old college buddies, and I'm happy with what I have. I also picked Economics as a college major, not anthropology or some other lower paying major (in the aggregate).

This. Of course there are unfortunate circumstances that people find themselves in regarding debt, such as unexpected illness, etc.

But the vast majority of people I hear complaining about their personal debt did it to themselves. Either through financial illiteracy, or living outside of their means. For example, have a lady at work that always complains about debt. She recently bought a new car, she has 3 kids who are all in private school, goes on vacations, smokes, etc., the list goes on.

It's like lady, maybe you wouldn't be in debt, or at least so much of it if you curtailed some of your living expenses. Maybe people in debt shouldn't go on expensive vacations and bill it to their credit card, maybe you should quit smoking, maybe you don't need to have your kids in private school, maybe you don't need a brand new car. It's literally mind boggling how people can live like this.

I still live a pretty comfortable life and save close to half my post-tax income. I pretty much cook all my own food, I don't date vapid princess girls, and my hobbies are pretty inexpensive. I read, play rugby, hike, and fish. I go on a reasonable vacation once or twice a year with my old college buddies, and I'm happy with what I have. I also picked Economics as a college major, not anthropology or some other lower paying major (in the aggregate).

I got a friend like this.. spent 100k in student loans to get a bachelor's in bullshit.

somehow secured more loans from a bank to buy a brand new car for 30k

I see him post pictures on social media of new tattoos that he just got..all looking like total shit.

I got a friend like this.. spent 100k in student loans to get a bachelor's in bullshit.

somehow secured more loans from a bank to buy a brand new car for 30k

I see him post pictures on social media of new tattoos that he just got..all looking like total shit.

Lol, yeah... Was talking to one of my ex's that I'm still on decent terms with and she told me a girl at work just bought a new car. What was the girl's approach? She literally went in, asked what the biggest loan she could get was and then decided what car to buy... Was like wtf!??

Oh man if I could redo my life the first thing I would do different is keep debt to a bare minimum. I would drive cars until the wheels fell off ok maybe not that long.I would buy a house with a 15 year mortgage etc etc.

interest destroys! you wonder why people struggle check to check. credit cards and mortgage. if you do the math on a 30 year loan 300k at 4 percent you end up paying $514,176.27 for that 300k loan, imagine how much it would be at 6 percent. always throw extra towards principle when you can. if possible never carry over a balance on a credit card unless its low. everyone loves making banks rich, don't be that idiot

Wealth maximization theory shows that in order to maximize your wealth you must have debt, where you are borrowing against your future earnings. The question about whether to take on more debt can be easily decided by asking if the interest rate you need to pay is greater than your expected earnings growth.

24% on a credit card? Bad debt, fuck that. 4-5% on a mortgage? Probably not a bad bet.

Cars, mortgages, student loans, CC debt, med/law school. These are all things that are positive but can also be anything but if things go south. Living within your means and most importantly saving for a potential rainy day is crucial.

When I was married my ex almost bankrupted us...good thing I always had an emergency acct with $100k...it has been 13 years since the divorce and I see where she is once again having her pay garnished....I bet her new boyfriend knows nothing about it!...

When I was married my ex almost bankrupted us...good thing I always had an emergency acct with $100k...it has been 13 years since the divorce and I see where she is once again having her pay garnished....I bet her new boyfriend knows nothing about it!...
Almost the same with my girl's mom. Dad had +6 figure job but the mom spends so much they have zero savings. He loses his job so she cheats and they split. Now she runs from credit collectors with her affair partner. lul

He's still got some VERY nice properties just real low on cash. feelsbad.

Been working over 2 years to get out of debt.
I currently own/operate a small construction company and work full time. Only have 1 line of debt left besides my mortgage.

I’ve been running deficits on my debts since this thread started and now I’m not worth millions. A‘m I doing it correctly?

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws